7

When Jackson came, Amity left them to their own devices. She'd taken a box of things she couldn't risk leaving behind, no matter how much she trusted Hayley. She got home to find Klaus, Elijah and Freya together.
"Finally learnt how to play along, have we?"
"Amity." Freya looked worried.
"What is it?"
"Elijah met a prophetic witch. She told him of a vision she had. The end of the Mikaelsons."
"What?" Amity took a step closer, noting the runic writing of their names.
"It's true. I saw for my self. If this prophecy is fulfilled you will all fall. One by friend, one by foe. And one by family." She said. "There are three deaths. Niklaus, Elijah and Rebekah."
"I want to see." Amity handed Izzy to Klaus, before putting her hand on Freya's head, preying on the preexisting link between them. She watched the vision, her siblings standing together, facing whatever threat that came. They had blood all over making it impossible to see who survived if any survived. "Oh, my god."
"You aren't in this, whatsoever."
"I know." She told Freya.
"Why? I can see myself, and our siblings but nothing about you." Freya said, and Amity looked around at her siblings.
"We need to talk, and we need Rebekah here. What I'm going to tell you is important and surprising and just downright crazy, but it's the truth and you all deserve to know."
"Know what?"
"No, we need a family meeting. We need Rebekah here."
"Shall we call Esther, too, or can we just get rid of her already."
"We have her in chains, Nik. We can't just kill her."
"I could always take off the chains."
"Then she'd have access to her magic and her final act would be a spell of some kind that would screw us over."
"So what do you propose?"
"Can't we just turn her again? Without her magic, she would not be able to harm us."
"She'd have her memories. She could find another witch." Freya drawled.
"We could compel her to forget everything."
"I say we kill her. Before she gets free and comes for your children." Freya remarked, casually.
"Can I at least put Isaiah to bed if you want to talk about killing?" Amity grabbed her son and walked away. "We'll talk in more detail in the morning."

The next morning, her siblings woke to find Amity in the kitchen, cooking feasts fit for an entire country. Holding Izzy, Amira walked in to the room where Klaus and Elijah were.
"Have you finally forgiven me?" Klaus asked his brother.
"I will consider it." Klaus allowed himself a smile. "When Hayley forgives you, Gia rises from the dead and hell freezes over."
"If I may interject.." Amira made her presence known. "Gia is alive."
"What?" Elijah turned and saw Amira at the door.
"I thought uncle Nik told you."
"I thought you were telling him." Klaus said.
"Well, then. Oops." Amira did not look at all sorry.
"What do you mean she's not dead? I saw Niklaus kill her before me."
"Turns out Dahlia was good for something. See it made no sense to actually murder Gia seeing as she was innocent. The whole purpose was to break your heart and your spirit so that Dahlia could believe we were on her side. So we convinced her to perform a glamour spell. She's alive. And she's safe."
"Where is she?"
"Like I said. Alive and safe."
"I want to see her."
"Well, she doesn't want to see you." Amira glared.
"Why do you hate me so much? I compelled you, I didn't rip out your heart."
"I'm gonna go check on grandma. Or, you know, literally be anywhere else." She walked out.
"She hates me."
"You were her family and you stripped away her free will. She trusted you, and you compelled her."
"Tell you what, brother." Elijah said. "You get her to forgive me, I'll forgive you."
"You don't even care much for her."
"Of course I do. She's Benji's daughter. How could I not?"
"She's more than just his daughter, Elijah. She's her own person."
"I didn't think she'd hate me so much."
"Talk to her." Klaus offered. "Apologise and talk to her."
"She won't stay in the room long enough. Right now has been the longest she's been in the same room."
"You're not hearing me, Elijah. You have to talk to her, not for you. Don't do it to make yourself feel good. Do it for her. Talk about the things she likes, apologise for her sake, not yours."
"Things she likes?"
"First, we deal with Lucien. Then I'll try help you." Klaus walked past, clapping his brother on the shoulder. Elijah stiffened, but said nothing.
"And how long do you suppose our eldest sister is going to lock herself in the kitchen?"
"Until she calms down. You know she likes to cook and bake when she's stressed and whatever she has to tell us must be taking it's toll on her."
"I'm right here." She said, at the door. "I'm going out for the day."
"Where to?"
"Uh, babysitting." She shrugged. "I'll see you later."
"Wait. Why? Where's Hayley?"
"Nik, she's okay. I promise. I'm just gonna go help out so she can rest. All this noise probably isn't helping. She just needs to adjust."
"Fine. But if you need anything-"
"I've got Amira with me." She said. "Bye!"