22

"She's not in Morocco anymore." I said, closing my eyes as I tried to pinpoint Rebekah's location. "I can see her. She's in a coffin- they've got a stake in her- it's a dark object."
"Where? A warehouse? A shop?"
"No, they're moving. A truck? Yeah. I can- I can go there."
"Not alone." Elijah said, firmly as we walked back in.
"They can't do anything to me. They've never seen anything like me before." I said.
"They have Rebekah. We can't risk that they get you too."
"I'm powerful, and they were able to beat me, sister. Some back up can't be too bad."
"Fine." I rolled my eyes. "But you're right, they were able to beat you and they were able to take Rebekah. If I'm taking the two of you, I need to make sure you'll be fine."
"What are you planning?" I closed my eyes, channeling my power until two stones formed in my hands. I threaded it into a necklace, and handed them to the two of them.
"Wear these." I said. "It should keep you safe and impervious to harm. Magical or otherwise."
"That's impossible." Freya frowned. "You just... thought them up."
"Sorcery is different to normal magic."
"Surely there are limitations?"
"I chose a path of light. That does limit me somewhat. I can't do anything that would go against nature. Sometimes water can hinder certain spells. I'll explain all this later. We need to get to Rebekah." I said and they slipped on the necklaces. I closed my eyes, concentrating on finding Rebekah only to find no trace of her. I snapped my eyes open, a harsh glare painted on my face. "I can't find her."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, they've got her in a body of water. Water hinders some spells, for example, location spells. It's a whole thing." I rolled my eyes, and took us to where I last felt her. "This is where she was when I was looking for her earlier."
"You're certain?" Elijah looked around the truck in front of us. The back door was open, and it was empty.
"Yes. I can feel it. She was here." I stopped, speeding over to the front of the truck. Two vampires were crouched in hiding, as I grabbed them and sped back over to my siblings. "Oh, look what I found? Perhaps these two can give us answers."
"You can't make us talk."
"Oh, but I could."
"Allow me." Elijah stepped forward and I stood back. "You see, you've taken someone very dear to us. Our baby sister in fact, so you can see that we'd be quite eager to get her back. By any means necessary."
"We're simply just... keeping her safe." The male vampire said. He suddenly sped at Freya with a growl, falling back as a shield emerged around her. She looked down at the necklace.
"I'm keeping this."
"Go for it." I shrugged. Elijah suddenly held the man in a chokehold, and put a hand through his chest.
"Tell me where my sister is, or you'll suddenly find yourself missing a heart."
"Do it. You'll kill me anyways."
"Let go, Elijah." I said.
"What?"
"Let go." Elijah nodded, and removed his hand pushing him to the ground. The woman moved over to his side, worriedly. "Do you know the wonderful thing about love?" I said, smirking at the duo. "It provides such wonderful incentive." I stepped closer, and crouched, grabbing the girl's chin. "You... you won't break. You won't tell us anything, no matter what." I faced her towards him. "Not even for him. But he would."
"No he wouldn't." She scowled, ripping her face from my hold.
"Maybe not for himself. But for you?" I grabbed her neck, standing up, dragging her along with me. "You'll tell us to save her, right?"
"Let her go." He growled.
"I understand. You're afraid of your master. We can protect you."
"How can you protect us if she dies?"
"She's my sister. I'd never allow her to die."
"I'm not telling you anything."
"Do you know how easy it would be? Just to... rip her head off? I'd leave you alive, let it haunt you for the rest of your miserably eternal life. Let that ring weigh heavily in you pocket, until you finally give in. Until you finally choose the unknown, to jump into the void. Choose the sweet, sweet release of death over the agonising pain of losing your one true reason for being. But all that could be avoided." I let go of the girl. "We could all leave here amicably. After centuries of obstacles always pushing the two of you apart, you could finally be free to be together. Just the two of you. No Aurora to answer to- that is who ordered you to take my sister, am I right?" I asked the man and he nodded. "So what'll you choose? Either we make you tell us, and keep in mind it wouldn't be pleasant, especially not when I step aside and let my siblings do whatever they want. Or you could tell us. We'll cloak you, give you new lives. You can escape all this drama. Be with the love of your life."
"We don't know where she is." He said. "We were instructed to hand her over to some of Aurora's more trusted contacts. We were sent to retrieve your sister's body because we're expendable. If Tristan's people found us before we finished the task, she wouldn't care."
"So what can you tell us?" Elijah asked.
"We gave her to two vampires. Sasha and Ari. They're bloodthirsty savages, always itching for a fight. They will do any nefarious deed for the right price."
"You don't happen to know where they are do you?"
"They can usually be found at a bar after a job. They'll go for the nearest, most hedonistic, low class one."
"You should try club Zero." The girl said. "It's an American place, and where they'd feel most at home.
"Thank you." I said.
"Will you let us go?" She asked.
"Well, you did take our sister."
"She was already subdued when we got there. We took her from the strix." The man said, pleadingly. "Just let Celine go. Kill me, but let her go."
"Don't be silly." I stood up straighter. "You cooperated. I'm going to help you."