6

"Okay, here it is. Home sweet home." I told Hayley.
"It's looks nice." She smiled.
"Thanks, you should see the inside. It's not totally furnished, so feel free to decorate it to your taste. Give me a second." I said, and walked over to the neighbour's apartment. She opened after a while, holding her head.
"Hey, Amity, right?" She groaned.
"Yeah, I was wondering if you'd do me a favour." I said. "Invite a friend of mine into my place, would you?"
"Huh?"
"Don't think, just help me out?" I led her to my apartment.
"But it's your-"
"Like I said. Don't think. Just do." I compelled and she looked confused.
"I invite you in." She said.
"Thank you. Now please," I started to compel her. "Forget this exchange?"
"Okay." Her eyes glazed over. "Amity? Hey, what's going on?"
"Hey Rae, you remember Izzy?"
"Oh, your adorable baby! Of course. How could I forget such a cute baby?" She cooed, and I smiled. She caught sight of Hope. "Aw, and who is this precious little girl?"
"This is Hope. She's Izzy's cousin." I smiled.
"They're adorable." She grinned. "I'm sorry, I kind of blanked out. I don't even remember leaving my apartment."
"Oh, you should get some rest. Sorry we disturbed you." I apologised and she shrugged it off.
"Hey, no. It's all good. But you're right. I'm pretty out of it." She said, walking back to her own apartment.
"Come on, let me show you around." I invited, and Hayley walked inside. "So it's got five bedrooms. One of them is for Izzy, or Hope. Another for me. Amira claimed another, and the others are guest rooms. Are you and Jackson sharing?"
"Yeah." She nodded, looking away.
"Okay. Here's the living room. It's where I usually do any major spells. I keep a lot of magical equipment in the cabinet over there. Grimoires and artefacts. Most are somewhat dangerous, but don't worry, it's spelled totally shut. Here's a small play area, so if Hope gets a little bored, she can amuse herself here. Kitchen's through here. I haven't really stocked up on everything, but there's some food in the fridge and the pantry. Bowls in that cupboard and silverware in there. There is a bathroom in three of the rooms. Mine, one of the guests and Amira's. I should probably warn you against my room."
"Why, you got some booby traps all laid around?" She teased.
"No it's just really messy."
"Ah." She looked sheepish and I laughed.
"So here's the kids room. Izzy's cot is that one, and this one is Hope's."
"You got a bed for Hope?"
"Yeah, of course. I mean, this is technically a safe house. For both the kids, in case anything ever went wrong. Or in case we were here just because and you were visiting." I shrugged before heading out. "Okay, to the right is my room, but the left is free. Amira's is opposite, and thus concludes the tour."
"It's a really nice place."

*third person. Lafayette cemetery*

Malum smirked as he watched the young witch draw on power from the snake stone.
"So, how did you come to be in possession of that little item?" He made his presence known, and she turned around startled.
"Who are you? How did you get in here?"
"Oh, little witch-" He taunted.
"I'm not little anything, so I suggest you leave. Before I make you."
"Ah, yes. Little miss regent. You think you're all powerful don't you."
"You want to find out?" She raised her hand, ready to perform a spell but he waved his own hand away. Whatever spell she tried didn't take hold, and she cocked her head to the side.
"What's the matter? Performance issues?"
"Who are you?" She glared.
"My name isn't important. What is important is you're pretty much causing chaos and I thrive on chaos."
"What are you talking about?"
"Whatever you're up to I want to help."
"I'm not up to anything."
"Huh, so you weren't cloaking the wolf girl, channelling my snake stone earlier?"
"Your snake stone?"
"Yes. I'm actually curious as to how it came to be in your possession."
"It's not yours."
"Oh? I made it. I infused with some of my magic."
"That's impossible."
"And why is it impossible?"
"Because, you're not a thousand years old. This snake stone is at least that."
"And why can't I be over a thousand years old?"
"Because you're a warlock."
"Who says I'm a warlock?" He questioned.
"Stop with the riddles. What do you want?"
"I just want to know where you got that particular snake stone."
"Why?"
"Because out of all of the snake stones to exist, that is the only one that I infused my magic with. And that was a very long time ago. So I'm curious as to how it got into your hands. The truth, please." He twirled a finger.
"I got it from a friend." She said, before stopping with a frown. "Why did I just-?"
"It's magic." He smirked. "What friend?"
"Amity."
"Small world." He smirked. "This is a perfect opportunity."
"To do what?"
"Cause some mischief." He shrugged.
"Sorry, I'm not in the business of causing mischief." She folded her arms.
"Didn't say you were. But whatever you're doing, you're doing it behind Amity's back, which means you need power. That piece of rock can probably only last you for another week. I'm offering my help."
"I don't know you."
"My name's Chris."
"Is that real?"
"Well, it's the name I've known for eighteen years."