51

Amity came back the following morning like she'd promised.
"Okay, I'm here, what went wrong?"
"Nothing.. for once." Amira said, walking in to stand beside Mal.
"Everything went off without a hitch?" She sounded dubious.
"Do you have so little faith in me, big sis?"
"Yes." Amity said and Mal grinned.
"Okay, so there was a hitch. The Strix witches managed to get to Klaus and unlink him, but I restored it, immediately."
"Where did you go?"
"I got distracted." He said.
"Distracted?"
"He saw a pretty witch, and forgot that she was an enemy for a moment." Amira said and Amity raised a brow.
"The black cloak really worked for her." He tried to defend.
"You restored it immediately?"
"Yes. And considering I realised the second after he was unlinked, it barely took the bat of an eyelid. Of course, your brother didn't believe me until your sister cast spells."
"So what is wrong?"
"Well, uncle Nik got Aurora, but didn't kill her."
"Of course not." Amity sighed.
"He entombed her behind a wall."
"Of course he did."
"You should check on your witch Davina. She has something for you."
"What?" Mal just smirked and Amity turned to Amira, who shrugged.
"Don't look at me. She helped the Strix, she's kind of public enemy right now."
"Let me just take Izzy and Hope up. I'm sure Hayley wants to see them."

Amity went up to put the kids in the nursery then checked on Hayley. She let the hybrid sleep in, peaceful as she looked and walked back out.
"I'm going to go check on Davina." She told Amira. "Would you like to come with?"
"No, I'm good. Don't know how much I could resist ripping out her throat." Amity nodded and smiled.
"I love you, sweetheart." She hugged her.
"Thanks, love you too. What's with the sudden affection?"
"I just want you to know."
"I do know."
"No matter what, always and forever."
"Always and forever." Amira repeated, grinning.
"Good." Amity smiled and stepped away, and disappeared. She was in the attic of the St Anne's church. "I don't think I've been up here since we first met. That was, what? Two and a half years ago?"
"Amity." Davina stood up in front of the bed, defiantly.
"Yes it's me."
"What are you doing here?"
"I wanted to check in. Heard about what happened between you and my family last night."
"Before you try to kill me, there's something you should know."
"So dramatic. Have I ever tried to kill you?"
"No, but I tried to kill your brothers last night."
"Well, I made a promise to my other brother that I'd help you. He loves you and I'm going to honour my promise."
"Well maybe you'll feel better after I tell you this." Davina said. "So last night, I was doing another spell, not just de-siring your siblings. I was going to use the power that came with breaking the sire link to bring back Kol, but it went away almost immediately."
"Don't tell me you-?"
"But that was only a minor setback, because that friend of yours, Chris? Annoying, loves to stir up trouble? He gave me the power I needed to do the spell and.." Davina stepped away from the bed to reveal a lifeless Kol. "I brought him back. I know you said you were close and that you just needed some time, but that's okay. I did it."
"Kol." Amity breathed out, and walked to her brothers side.
"He hasn't woken up yet, but I'm hopeful."
"He was ash yesterday, he'll need time to heal."
"Oh."
"Does that mean you won't kill me?" Mal appeared in the corner.
"I can deal with you later, Mal."
"That's a step up from the 'don't make me make you not a problem for the next eighteen years' threat."
"Mal!"
"I thought his name was Chris."
"It is. Kind of a long story." Mal dismissed. "I gotta go. As fun as all this sounds, I have a sister to annoy."
"Leave her alone, Mal, or you'll only succeed in driving her further away than you care to have her."
"I'm bored. I've helped your siblings, and you've agreed to go on a date so there's no need to mess with the human."
"Try... Tokyo. You've always liked big cities."
"Or... perhaps there's someone else I can mess with. You hate those who live in Virginia, correct?"
"Yes."
"So you won't be too mad if I turn my sight on them?"
"Mal..."
"Great. See you." He disappeared. Amity shook her head and looked at Davina.
"Who exactly is he? I mean, he's helping, kind of, but you don't look pleased."
"Mal's help comes with consequences. He can't stand doing something good for the sake of it. He has to balance it out with bad."
"Why?"
"Not always bad. Sometimes just as long as it's mischievous, and someone gets screwed over or annoyed."
"He knew you. He came because he felt me channeling the snake stone and he knew you. He said he's at least a thousand but he's a witch."
"Yeah, Mal and I go way back." Amity shrugged. "Let me know when my brother wakes up, won't you? It could take up to a couple days."
"Sure. Just... don't tell anyone else? Not until he's awake?"
"I won't tell my siblings, but I have to tell Amira. She should know."
"Just like the rest of your siblings, I'm sure she's dying to rip my throat out."
"Well, you're not her favourite person, but she loved Kol too. He's her family."
"Fine. Just Amira."
"Great." Amity nodded and disappeared. She was back at the compound in seconds.
"Uncle Nik's losing his mind." Amira hadn't moved an inch from where she was earlier.
"Yes?" There was a crash from upstairs and she sighed. "I'll handle it. Then you and I need to have a chat."