66

There was frantic knocking at the door. Hayley and Amity looked at each other before speeding down.
"What's wrong?"
"It's Klaus and Amira." Cami said. "Lucien has them." Hayley turned to shout for Freya and Elijah, who approached them.
"Freya! Invite her in!"
"Yeah, come in, you're invited." Freya said and Cami took a small step in. Once she was inside, she sped over, and Hayley closed the door behind her.
"Tell us what happened."
"Lucien ambushed him. He knocked him around like it was nothing."
"And Amira?" Amity asked.
"She was with Klaus. She tried to help him, but Lucien took her down with ease.
"Did he bite them?"
"No. I think he wanted them alive. I followed them. Lucien took Klaus back to the penthouse." Elijah's phone buzzed, and he scowled when he saw that he received a text from Lucien.
"Lucien is demanding my presence at the Whiskey Cask, alone and immediately. He says if I delay, Niklaus and Amira will die."
"Like hell you're going alone."
"How close are you to a cure?"
"Elijah, I'm still trying to work out which ingredients I'd need. And then we'd need to track it down. It could take anywhere from days to years."
"Continue searching. I'll go to the bar. Freya can come with me."
"I'm coming with you."
"We need to be smart about this."
"I am being smart. We go confront him, and Hayley and Cami can go see if Nik and Amira are at the penthouse. We distract him, while they sneak Nik and Amira out."
"She has a point. We'll have a better chance keeping Lucien distracted for longer if you're together." Freya agreed.
"Or you'll be giving him more targets." Finn remarked.
"No one asked you." Amity glared at him, and turned back to Elijah. "I'm coming with you. Besides, Lucien won't buy that I just stayed at home when he took my brother and granddaughter."
"Okay. You and I together. Hayley and Cami can go after our family."
"I'm coming too. In case Lucien's already at the bar. I'll cloak myself, and you can distract him while I draw the sigil on the ground. I'll do it in the middle of the room, so keep to the edges. And Elijah- call the Strix for backup. They should provide a distraction in case things go south." Freya added. He simply nodded and they split into groups of two.

Amity and Elijah walked into the bar, scanning the room for a sign of Lucien. Elijah took off his coat, throwing it onto the stage, ready for a fight.
"Such a treat, being in New Orleans this time of year." Lucien called from where he was perched above on the balcony. He jumped down. "But, alas, for all today's talent, nothing quite compares with watching Ella and Louis perform live."
"Yes, what a wonderful world that was. Give me my brother before your world becomes significantly less wonderful." Elijah said.
"Mmm, I'm afraid I need something from you, first. A brother for a brother, as it were."
"Let me guess. Your fantasy sweetheart wants her beloved Tristan back?"
"Hmm. Or your death, to relieve his suffering. So, either tell me how to find him, or I'll kill you."
"And what of my granddaughter, asshole? What are your terms for her?"
"The lovely Amira. Oh don't worry. Just as soon as I'm done with your brothers, I'll set her free. I have no quarrel with her."
"Where is she?"
"You needn't worry about that, Amity. Tell me, what is it about you that had the ancestors hesitant?"
"Come closer and I'll show you myself."
"The ability to escape enchanted shackles. To disappear into nothing without so much as a whisper. And not to mention finding and reclaiming the white oak bullet from your bedroom, when it was heavily cloaked and on the move. Not the mark of a typical witch, is it?"
"I'm not exactly a typical breed." He turned back to Elijah.
"Elijah, I've asked you a rather important question. Given our current circumstance, you'd be wise not to test my patience. So Tristan's resting place...?" He asked.
"You carefully craft yourself into this abomination purely to become... an errand boy to that banshee?"
"Oh, you Mikaelsons. Your arrogance truly knows no bounds. Do I need to remind you the prophecy is on my side? Your family is doomed. So, if you'll give me Tristan's location, at least I could make your death quick."
"I have no idea where he is. But you know, Lucien, the thing is that I suspect you don't even really care."
"Mmm. I never really liked him. But, at least I can tell Aurora I tried."
"You don't think she'll loathe you? We will never give up Tristan's location. So even if you do kill us... kill Elijah, you will be killing her dearest brother."
"And in doing so putting him out of his misery."
"She says that now, but in a century, maybe two, she'll come to regret it. Do you think she could ever love you, knowing her brother's blood is on your hands? Good intentions or not?"
"Speaking from experience? The loss of your twin must hurt."
"You're out of date. Finn's alive."
"You're bluffing."
"No, I'm not. You can ask your ancestors. There's a reason why they're hesitant when it comes to me." Lucien snarled, his face transforming and he sped at Elijah, attacking him, but Amity put up a shield.  "Give us my brother and granddaughter. I will not ask again."
"Know when you're beaten. Finn is dead. Nothing can survive my bite, because unlike Nik's it truly is fatal. Your brother and granddaughter are my prisoners, to do as I please when I please." Amity growled, angrily, pushing Lucien back with her magic. He stood back up, stalking towards them, stopping in the centre of the room. He fell to the ground in pain and Freya walked into the room from behind.
"Oh. That looks like it hurts. That's what I was going for." She stood over by her sister who watched Lucien writhe.
"What... did you do to me?"
"The sigil will bind you. Weaken you. The boiling blood, I added myself. Maybe I can't kill you, but I can make you wish you were dead."