5

Amity gave Hayley some time to have a shower and pack a bag. Amira helped her put Izzy and Hope in the car and she went to go check on Hayley. She knocked on her open door.
"Hey, everything okay?"
"I'm fine. Come in. Jackson's gathering the pack to tell them to go back to their families... what's left of them." Hayley said, as she put her clothes away, trying to busy herself.
"Hayley-" Amity stopped her, and grabbed Hayley's hands. Hayley looked up. "Hey, this is real. You're here. What my brother did was pretty much unforgivable-"
"You don't have to apologise for him. Klaus is a big boy. His sins are his own. None of this is on you. He's the one who should be sorry."
"Well, you know Nik. He's really stubborn and even when he's wrong he hates to admit it. He doesn't apologise, and instead tries to right his wrongs in his own way."
"Me and you- we're good, Amity. But your brother? I mean, there was a moment at the bonfire last year when I thought we would be okay. That Hope could be raised by a real family. For the first time, I was happy. I hate Klaus for taking that away from me. And it's not something you can or should even have to fix."
"I'm not saying don't hate Klaus. God, I can't imagine how I'd feel if someone tried to take Izzy away. I'm still holding out hope though. He's pretty new to the whole trusting people who aren't related to him- and even then he still has trouble in that department."
"It's not an excuse."
"It's not meant to be." Amity promised, and Aeliana appeared before her.
"Mal's gone." She said, frantically.
"You." Hayley looked confused. "You're that chick who was there the day I was getting married."
"Hayley, this is Aria. I don't think I've introduced the two of you, yet. Aria, Hayley."
"Pleasure, I'm sure." Aeliana sent a quick smile at her before turning back to Amity. "I don't think you heard me. Mal's gone."
"He's old enough not to run out into traffic or expose himself."
"I don't care about him. I'm talking about what this'll mean for the city."
"The city will survive."
"Why aren't you more worried?"
"Well, you and I both kept leaving, why wouldn't he?"
"Because he's a psychopath."
"On the path to reformation."
"He's playing you."
"He's probably up to mischief, no doubt, but I don't think he's out killing anyone." Aria groaned and disappeared.
"Do I want to know?"
"Very, very long story. I don't even know where to begin."
"Who's Mal?"
"Let's just say he makes Nik look like an innocent child."
"That's not possible."
"I assure you, it is very possible."
"Someday soon, I'm going to ask you for a better explanation."
"Soon." Amity promised as Hayley zipped up her bag. "So I already told Jackson where the apartment is, and Amira's got the kids in the car."
"Okay." Hayley said, but froze when she looked up behind Amity. Amity followed her gaze and saw Elijah. "Hi." She said, kind of awkwardly.
"I'll be waiting by the car." Amity said, and walking out, patting her brother on his shoulder as she did.

She saw Amira cooing at the kids and smiled.
"Hello, precious." Amity greeted, and Amira looked up.
"Hey, grandma."
"You didn't go out with Freya?" Amity asked.
"No, someone needed to stay with the kids. There'll be other nights." She said. "So what happened?"
"That is an answer that comes with a long explanation and needs to be delivered to everyone at once."
"Everyone?"
"Family. Nik, Elijah, Rebekah, Freya, you."
"Everyone." She repeated.
"Yeah."
"That sounds interesting. What could be so big?"
"Oh, about six millennia of family feuding, different kind of magic, a psychopath, a pacifist and a woman with a thirst for revenge against said psychopath."
"Sneak peak?"
"Soon, sweetheart."
"Good luck getting Elijah and uncle Nik in a room together."
"We'll keep Elijah next to Freya, and you beside Nik. Whatever happened to Gia?"
"I set her up with a new life and sent her away. Elijah doesn't know where."
"Alright. You gonna come with us?"
"No, that's fine. I'll go find uncle Nik."
"Okay, if you need anything just call."
"Sure, by the way, what are you gonna do about the Isaac situation?"
"My life is hectic enough without thinking about the whole Isaac of it all."
"But..?"
"When Dahlia cursed him- I was so scared. He's human, Amira. Humans don't tend to fare well around our family."
"But he's okay."
"Because Dahlia cursed him. If she'd have just flat out killed him, I wouldn't be able to have gotten him back."
"Humans survive around us all the time. Cami's still around, and Davina's alive. Isaac isn't dead- he's alive because you saved him. If you cut off ties with him, it makes him vulnerable, not safe."
"I can't lose anyone else."
"Okay." She said. "But just remember, you can't betray a ghost."
"Your grandfather will always be in my heart, Amira."
"Well, grandpa's dead and you're not. I'm not saying you have to date Isaac or anyone. I'm just saying you have to let yourself move on."
"Why are you so wise?"
"Well, I might not be a grandmother, but I have been around for almost a thousand years." She grinned. "Picked up a few things over the years."
"I love you, Amira."
"Love you too, grandma." She walked away.