31

Once we'd gotten rid of Lucien, I searched for Cami. She and Aurora were at the church. I sent Nik and myself outside St Anne's.
"Might I suggest you choose your girlfriends more carefully in the future? I mean, seriously."
"You can scold my horrible taste in women later. Can we save Cami?"
"Now her, I approve."
"Amity! Not the time."
"Fine." I sighed. "Do you have a plan?"
"I need a plan?"
"You need to get you her half of the coordinates without her realising. If I were to, she'd know. But if you were to distract her, we may have a shot of finding our sister without the De Martels ever realising."
"Okay. I'll go in. Stay hidden. I'll get Aurora out. You go in and save Camille."
"Okay." I smiled and he walked in. I waited outside as Aurora seduced Nik. I rolled my eyes but continued waiting until he finally sped her out. I slipped inside, finding Cami laying unconscious on the ground. I sped to her side, healing her.

"Amity?" She looked confused.
"Hey, Cami." I smiled. "How you feeling?"
"Well," she groaned, sitting up. "I really could've done without getting kidnapped by your brother's first vampire... and then again by your brother's psycho ex."
"I like to think his taste in people has improved in the last millennium." I shrugged. "I mean, there's you."
"You're sweet." She smiled and I held out my hand to help her up. I dropped her, turning as a vampire sped at me. I shoved him back. They all began growling and stalking to us.
"Somnus." I said, twisting my wrist, and they all fell to the ground. I turned back to Cali who had somewhat collapsed onto the floor. "Oh my god, I'm sorry." I apologised helping her back up.
"You saved my life." She said.
"Come on." I smiled. "Let's get you home." I looked up and saw Nik standing at the threshold.
"Camille." He said softly.
"Hi." She breathed out.
"So, Aurora?" I asked.
"I got what we need."
"Great." I said, helping Cami over to him. "You know, Elijah's got Tristan's half, so why don't you take Cami home and check in with Elijah, and I'm going to go check on the kids."
"Thank you." Nik smiled and I shrugged. I waved and disappeared, appearing at Hayley's apartment. Hayley stood with a strange woman I hadn't met before. She stepped forward, threateningly.
"No no, wait." Hayley turned to the woman, somewhat protective of me. "This is Amity, she's Isaiah's mother."
"Oh. Right." The woman said.
"Amity, this is Mary. She's Jackson's grandmother."
"Pleasure to meet you." I smiled, picking up Izzy.
"Momma." He said. "Hi, momma."
"Hey baby." I smiled. "Were you a good boy for aunt Freya and aunt Hayley?" He smirked cheekily but nodded.
"He was perfect." Hayley smiled. "How did things go with Klaus and Aurora?"
"Cami's safe, and Nik has Aurora's half of the coordinates. Rebekah will be home soon, so I suppose all is well. You?"
"Well the Strix came for Tristan, led by Marcel. I think he thought he was helping, solidifying his status amongst Tristan's guys."
"Well, at least we don't really need him anymore. Maybe Marcel as an ally will be a good thing. Jackson?" She shook her head sadly and I frowned. "Sorry."
"Yeah." She sighed. "You want to stay over tonight? You can tell me about the pregnant vampire Freya mentioned."
"Pregnant vampire?" Mary asked.
"That's a bit of a long story. Let's sit." I said and turned to Hayley. "You were in Mystic Falls, once, right? You knew Tyler and, I'm sure, some of the other residents."
"Seems like a lifetime ago."
"Did you ever meet Caroline?"
"Blonde, dramatic? Klaus had a crush on her?"
"Exactly."
"She's pregnant? How?"
"A coven of witches transferred the babies from the womb of a dying mother and into Caroline."
"Coven of witches. So, what, she's a magical surrogate?" Mary asked.
"Yeah, pretty much."
"How many months?"
"About five and a half to six-ish months."
"Huh. Who's the dad?"
"Do you know Alaric? He's been dead since Elena turned into a vampire."
"Elena was already a vampire when I got there."
"Well, he must've come back after you got here. He was their history teacher and friend, slash hunter."
"And Caroline's pregnant with his babies? As in more than one?"
"Twins."
"Damn."
"Yeah. Kind of a sticky situation over there."
"You went to help out." Hayley cooed teasingly and I rolled my eyes.
"Don't remind me." I turned to Mary. "How long are you staying?"
"Not very long, I better be getting home." She stood.
"Are you sure? We have plenty of space, if you want to stay."
"I'm sure." She said. "Nice to finally meet you, though."
"You too. I've heard a lot." I smiled and she walked out of the door.
"So how was Caroline?" Hayley turned back to me.
"She was good. She's dating Stefan now, apparently."
"Caroline?"
"Yeah."
"Anything about Tyler?"
"No. We didn't really talk about much."
"Oh." She said, somewhat deflated.
"He was your friend. A bad one, but still... your friend."
"Yeah."
"I get it." I smiled at her. I looked down and saw Hope staring at Izzy. Hayley followed my gaze and smiled.
"The other day, I saw Izzy vamping out to entertain her. She kept giggling whenever his face changed." She said and I smiled. "I took a video- it was adorable. Here." She brought out her phone and I moved to see properly.