26

I deposited Aurora onto a chair in the ballroom and began a privacy spell as Freya called up Hayley.
"Call me if you need me." I told her. "And I will be here. I promise."
"I know. But it's okay. Go help your enemies. Hayley and I can handle a little torture session."
"Don't have too much fun without me?" I asked and Freya nodded.
"Wouldn't dream of it, little sister." I smiled and gave her a hug. "So are you going to stop by and check on Mr let's-be-friends-because-I-want-to-be-in-your-life-in-whichever-way-you'll-have-me?"
"Amira tell you?"
"I can certainly see why Niklaus is so fond of her."
"Yeah, she's pretty special."
"Just like her grandmother. Now stop changing the subject. Are you?"
"I'm just going to check to see if he's okay."
"I can't wait for the day the two of you finally get together."
"Goodbye Freya." I rolled my eyes, walking out of the room. I walked past Elijah's study, where Nik was with Tristan.
"Keep your siblings alive by helping me seal them away. Let them fall- only for the year- and leave yourself free to stand guard over them. If you care for them at all, it really is your only choice." Tristan was trying to convince him. I rolled my eyes.
"He really is deluded, isn't he?" I remarked from the doorway.
"Sister, what's going on?"
"Freya's perfectly capable of inflicting pain upon Aurora, so I'm going to take this time to head out and help Caroline."
"Of course. And try not to kill anyone while you're there? They're quite a nuisance when bothered, and we already have three nuisances here."
"I'll do my best to quell my murderous urges, if you promise not to do the same."
"I'll try my very best." He nodded and I smiled before walking away. I continued and walked by Nick's art room. It seemed he and Elijah had decided to use each other's refuge in the abattoir.
"Aurora drops your sister in the bottom of the ocean, yet Klaus does not seem particularly inclined to make her suffer for it." Lucien was saying, walking over to a broken wall where a portrait of Aurora was visible. "I wonder why."
"Perhaps you should focus your energy on wondering how inclined Niklaus is going to be to make you suffer. You really should not have taken Cami." I said and the men looked over at me.
"If it isn't the lovely Amity-"
"Save it." I cut him off. "Stop wondering how Aurora's going to suffer, because I guarantee you, my brother is already thinking up ways to make you suffer."
"Everything okay with Aurora?"
"Why wouldn't it be?"
"I'd have thought you'd be up there with Freya, torturing her."
"You make it sound so tedious and tasteless. Our sister can handle one psychotic vampire. I was about to head out to Caroline." I shrugged and walked away. I didn't get far before I disappeared, heading to Isaac and Lia.
"Hey, Zee." Lia greeted. She sat across from Isaac, a magazine in hand.
"Hi, Lia. Everything okay over here?" I asked.
"Your boyfriend's safe, don't worry."
"I'm not her boyfriend." He tried to correct, and she rolled her eyes, flicking through a magazine.
"Isaac." I smiled, and he grinned back.
"So why do I need a bodyguard?" He asked.
"Because there are three very old, very psychotic vampires in town. And after Dahlia last year, I figured better safe than sorry."
"Thanks." He smiled.
"You should be safe for now though. My siblings threw a thanksgiving... dinner party, and invited the three of them."
"A dinner party? With their enemies?"
"Yeah, it's just an excuse. Believe me when I say you don't want to know."
"Does that mean I don't have to babysit your boyfriend?" Lia remarked, without looking up.
"Give me a second?" I said to Isaac, before grabbing Lia and pulling her off her seat. I dragged her a little bit away.
"Yes?"
"I need to go to Mystic Falls. A certain blonde vampire might be pregnant."
"Let me guess. You want me to keep babysitting Isaac?"
"Actually I wanted you to come with me. I was thinking we could cast a protection charm on him to keep him safe from harm."
"Really?"
"Hey, we didn't get to spend the day together like I'd planned. Besides who better to take with me to enemy territory."
"What about Mal?"
"I'm asking you, Lia."
"Sure." She smiled. "If you insist." I walked back to Isaac.
"So what's the verdict?" He teased. "Am I free to go?"
"Of course. Let me just put a protection spell on you."
"Or he could come with us." Lia smirked.
"Absolutely not!" I denied.
"We have eternity to hang out. But how often are you going to go back to the town where you were born?"
"Hopefully never again."
"This town- it isn't the town with the people you wanted to kill two years ago is it?"
"Exactly that place."
"Please tell me you're not going there to kill them."
"I'm not killing them."
"So why are you going there?"
"Because a vampire got mystically knocked up by a coven of witches."
"Possibly." Lia shrugged.
"Probably." I added.