60

Assuming my family would be fine if I left them alone was proving to be a stupid idea. I decided to spend the night with Mal, to make sure he'd be okay, only to find out when I went home the next day that Freya and Amira were missing along with the white oak.
"Would a simple message telling me that my sister and granddaughter seemed to have been kidnapped by Nik's first sired have been too hard?" I scoffed, standing in front of Kol. He and Davina were in the midst of a locator spell through the connection between Finn and Vincent.
"We thought you'd been taken too." He admitted.
"One call, Kol. Just one is all it would've taken."
"Don't get mad at me. We have two other brothers who were here too, you know."
"Oh I know. I'm going to go find them, then I'm going to go find Freya and then we can all have a sit down and talk about what you do and don't do when you find out your siblings are missing." I left him behind and appeared in Mystic Falls where Elijah and Finn were standing outside the grill opposite Matt. "So I leave you alone for one day and Freya goes missing?"
"Amity?"
"Yes. Like Lucien could've taken me. Elijah, you of all should understand."
"Sister, we don't have time." I glared at Finn and nodded.
"You're right. We don't. So why are you wasting time with him?"
"Twice in two days. What happened to never coming back to Mystic Falls?"
"You were in Mystic Falls?" Elijah asked.
"Yeah, Mal needed help." I rolled my eyes. "If you'll excuse us Matt, we have a sister to save, unless you'd like us to go through you. I assure you, I'd take great pleasure in that."
"That's if you can reach me." He held up his gun. I flicked my wrist, and it flew out of his hand. Grabbing Finn and Elijah with one hand each, I projected us forth to Freya.

Lucien was holding Freya hostage. His arm was around her neck, his hand on her throat and Amira was collapsed on the ground a metre away.
"Lucien!" Elijah yelled.
"Let the fun begin!" He smirked. "Can either of you get to me faster than I can rip your darling sister's head off?" I stepped forward and he studied me. "An attempt to snap my neck or magically push me away might make me slip and kill her in the process."
"Not if you're not holding her." I thrust out my hands and his arms copied my movements, letting go of Freya. Once she was out of his grip, I threw him to Elijah and Finn, speeding to Freya. "Restrain him."
"I'll do you one better." Finn reached down and ripped out Lucien's heart.
"I said restrain him. We'd have found some other way to get rid of him without killing him, Finn. No death."
"He deserved it."
"Doesn't mean you just kill him." I moved away from Freya and towards Amira.
"No no no." Freya said, frantic. "That was part of his plan. He wanted you to kill him. He drank the serum. You helped him take the final step."
"What did he do to Amira?" I put my hand around her neck, healing it. Her eyes snapped open. She smiled before her expression darkened.
"You can't be here." She said. "No, you have to go, grandma. He wants you here. You have to leave."
"I'm not going anywhere, Amira. Okay? Whatever happens we face together." As if on cue Lucien rose behind up. I looked back and saw Elijah try to fight him. Lucien seemed to be winning.
"I've pondered this," He prattled.
"Are you okay?" I asked Amira and she shook her head looking genuinely frightened.
"Don't do this. Please, grandma."
"I will be fine. Lucien can't hurt me. I have to help Elijah." She tried to stand but I pushed her back down. "Amira, I promise you I will be fine. Always and forever."
"I had thought him. But now that I'm here, I think it should be you." I stood to join the fight just as Lucien's fangs elongated. Finn pushed Elijah out of harms way and Lucien bit him instead.
"No!" I sped forward throwing him back.
"You want a go too?" He smirked. "Now I've been communing with the ancestors, and they were very secretive about you. But they did mention that without the other two like you- your friends, I suppose, you're pretty powerless."
"I'm not powerless." I flicked my hand pushing him back.
"Amity!" Freya said. She was sitting beside Finn, cradling his head on her lap. Not wanting to risk someone else getting hurt, I put up a barrier around my family and Vincent, excluding Lucien.
"A barrier spell? How delicious. A little mundane for someone of your skill, but... wonderful all the same." He held out a hand, testing the spell.
"You can't get in. You won't get in. Try all you want."
"I do appreciate a bit of spice being thrown into the hunt. It isn't very fun if the quarry just rolls over and offers its neck, is it?"
"You've it all wrong, Lucien. It's only a matter of time before I reverse what you've done to yourself and you meet a fate similar to that of your friend's. You remember Tristan? He's suffering and will continue to suffer for all eternity. You're right, this is a hunt. But we're not the prey." With a blink of the eye, I'd transported us all back to Mystic Falls, picking up Finn and settling him on the couch.
"You can help him, right?" Freya asked.
"He doesn't get out of being a Mikaelson so easily." I said. I peeled open his shirt to take a closer look at the bite. "It looks like a wolf bite. But worse."
"Don't leave me." He started muttering. "No, don't leave me in here."
"Finn?" I called. "Finn, can you hear me?"
"Ami?"
"Yes, I'm going to help you." I vowed. "Just stay with us, okay?"
"It's dark, you're not here. You're not here! Not here." He started thrashing about.
"I'm here, Finn. I'm here." I placed my hand on his wound. A light emitted from my hands as I tried to heal him.
Face the consequences. One brother's morality for another brother's life. You chose Malum, so you must lose Finn.