68

Amity fussed over Amira for the next couple hours, refusing to be apart.
"I'm okay." Amira comforted once Amity settled her in her bed.
"I almost lost you." Amity said.
"And you didn't. You saved me."
"I promise you I will never allow you to become collateral damage." Amity vowed, softly stroking Amira's hair. "Not for this family."
"I know that."
"Am I being too much?"
"Just a little bit." Amira grinned.
"You're precious to me. I hope you know that, sweetheart."
"I do." There was a knock at the door and they looked up. Finn stood holding a blood bag. They scowled at him.
"Thought you might be hungry." He said.
"I'm fine." Amira said, folding her arms.
"I thought you could do with some blood. Help flush the vervain out of your system."
"I'm fine." She repeated, glaring at him.
"Is there any way either of you will forgive me?"
"You should focus on getting uncle Kol to forgive you first. You actually killed him. And then we'll see."
"I don't-"
"You murdered your brother. The least you owe him is an apology." Amira said. Finn looked away, and nodded, walking away. Amira turned to her grandmother. "Can we get back to normal now?"
"What's normal for us?"
"For one, not coddling me. Come on. Let's go join the rest of the family." Amira pulled Amity out of the room.
"I see you've escaped your prison." Klaus said and Amity looked offended.
"Are you ever going to talk to Cami? She did risk everything to save you, after all."
"She gets a boyfriend and suddenly she's an expert in matters of the heart."
"More so than you, little brother. You've never had a long term relationship." Amira couldn't help but laugh as Klaus and Amity teased one another.
"I don't see what you're laughing about. You've never brought anyone home, forget a relationship." Klaus reminded and her smile dropped softly.
"Relationships aren't easy for someone like me."
"Someone like you?" Amity questioned.
"I'm... different and people don't like different." Amira said.
"Different how?" Amity asked.
"Just... different."
"Well, anyone who wouldn't like you is obviously moronic and not worth any of your time." Amity said. "You're compassionate, kind, loving... beautiful. I couldn't wish for a better grandchild."
"She's right. It's obvious that you're Amity's descendant."
"Thank you." Amira smiled. "Now, don't we have to figure out what to do about Lucien?"
"Freya's still looking for a permanent solution to get rid of him. And thanks to your handy spell, Hayley's helping out."
"What spell?" Amira asked.
"Translation spell. Speaking of, I should continue looking for a cure."
"I'll help." Amira offered.
"Have you any need for me?" Klaus asked.
"You can come as long as you don't hover and question everything." Amity agreed.
"Good luck." He said and walked out. They laughed after him.
"No more coddling? Good old fashioned magic research?"
"Good old fashioned magic research." Amira agreed.

Amity and Amira were in the former's room, looking through the rest of the grimoires.
"It's kind of cool." Amira said after a while.
"What is?"
"It's been a thousand years and the language we speak in has changed so much, it's basically a whole new language. No one would understand us if we were speaking proto-Nordic."
"It's like a secret family language, isn't it?"
"Yeah, and that's what makes it so cool."
"Yeah. It can be a Mikaelson thing."
"But I'm technically a Bennett."
"You have Mikaelson blood in you. Your last name might be Bennett, but you're a Mikaelson too."
"I know. I just like hearing you say it."
"My sweet girl." Amity smiled assuringly. "I love you, always and forever.Unconditionally. Nothing will ever change that."
"I know."
"Nothing, Amira. Nothing at all can ever change the fact that you're my blood. I promise."
"Even if you don't believe in what I think?"
"Once upon a time, I didn't believe you when you told me I'd eventually be able to let your grandfather go, but you were right. I've come to trust your instincts."
"I don't want to disappoint you." Amira muttered softly, closing the grimoire she had and opening up another.
"Oh, you could never disappoint me."
"Promise?"
"I promise." Amira smiled but turned back to the grimoire.
"Here, what about this?" She turned her grimoire around to Amity. "It's the spell Esther used to bind uncle Nik's wolf side. Unbinding the spell brought back his wolf side, right. Gave him the ability to heal with his blood, and to have kids."
"Mutations." Amity whispered.
"Exactly. Uncle Nik turned into a wolf after he vamped, so his blood had to find a way to coexist with his venom if he was going to live. Theoretically, if we can manage to introduce uncle Nik's miracle blood with the strain of venom Lucien has, we might be able to make a cure out of it. And Lucien's venom is made out of the venom of all seven packs. We manage to mix all that together, throw in a binding agent, voila. We have a cure."
"Oh this is perfect." Amity threw her arms around her granddaughter.
"We still have to track down all seven bloodlines, and then work the spell with uncle Nik's blood."
"Well, we have two bloodlines under this roof. And I know Mary's another."
"So that's three down, four to go."
"Come on, we should go tell-" Amity heard Cami speed in to the house. She and Amira headed down to see what was going on.