35

Amity and Amira eventually headed back inside, helping set up for the party. After a while Amity headed to her room with Izzy and stood out on her balcony.

Elijah followed her up there.
"Why did you lie?" He asked. Amity glanced back at him. Izzy wriggled out of her hands and disappeared. She sighed and turned away to watch the street.
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"When you healed Freya, you were lying to me. You said it was a spell, but it wasn't, was it? It was your... sorcery."
"Yes."
"Did you need Freya's spell to save Rebekah? Or could you simply have just cured her yourself."
"Does it matter?"
"Why did you lie, Amity?"
"Because I was trying to save a sibling, not lose another."
"What?"
"You hate my sorcery. You don't understand it and it freaks you out, so if I have to do normal magic to avoid losing you, then that's what I'll do. No matter what, you're still my brother, and I can't lose you."
"All this is for my benefit?" He walked closer to her and made her face him. "You will never lose me, Amity. You are my sister. Always and Forever. I know I haven't exactly been supportive or a good brother as of late, but I never meant to make you feel as though you had to hide from me or that you're going to lose me." She didn't reply as he hugged her. "I love you, sister, and I always will. I'm sorry."
"It's okay." She wrapped her arms around him in return.
"You don't have to hide from me." He told her.
"Thank you." She smiled. "Come on, let's go join the party."

Amity placed some gifts under the Christmas tree, before heading to stand beside Amira. She handed Amira a box.
"Ooh, a gift." Amira clapped her hands. Amity laughed, hugging her granddaughter.
"I love you."
"Love you too, grandma." Amira opened the box to see it was a small photo album. She opened it, finding pictures of her and Amity, accumulated over the years they'd known each other. Some with Katherine, some without. A few with the kids, but they were mainly just of the two. "It's amazing. I love it."
"Here." Amity carefully pulled out a picture hidden behind another. It was of Amira and Klaus laughing as he teased her. "Nik would kill me if he ever saw this so you'll have to keep it hidden." Amira nodded putting it back in it's place and putting the book back in its box.
"I didn't get you anything anywhere near this nice." Amira said. "But, I did quickly step out to invite someone." She said dragging Amity to the door. She opened it to see Isaac standing there.
"Hey." He said.
"Hi." Amity turned to Amira.
"What's that uncle Nik?" Amira called out, walking away.
"She definitely gets that from her mother's side of the family." Amity said. "Would you like to come in?"
"Yeah, sure." He stepped inside.
"So you mentioned an aunt. I'd have thought you'd be spending the day with her."
"We were supposed to, but she got called into work."
"Come on. We have a rather large turn out, here. Rebekah's back too." Amity led him out to the courtyard where the rest of the family was.
"I didn't know we were bringing dates to the party." Rebekah pouted walking over. "Nik with Cami and you with Isaac."
"He's not my date." Amity said.
"If you say so." Rebekah rolled her eyes. "So are Aria and Mal coming?"
"No." Amity shook her head. Hayley and Jackson walked in, each of them holding a child. Everyone walked over to greet them as Amity took Izzy from Jackson's arms. "Hey, baby." She cooed.
"Hi mama." He said in reply, burrowing his head in her neck.
"I love you." Amity said, holding him tight.

That evening was almost perfect. They'd each opened their gifts, and shared a couple laughs. Amity left early to put the kids to bed that night. She noticed Izzy clutching onto a box she could swear was only just smaller than him. Frowning, she opened it. Inside was a crown, a gold crown decorated with an amber stone.

995 ad

Amity sat with a heavily pregnant Tatia in the middle of a meadow. She watched as a three year old Benji ran around, happily. Tatia leaned back, letting the sun wash over her. Amity had finished her flower crown and fixed it on top of her head, before looking at her friend.
"Do you want a boy or a girl?" Amity asked.
"Girl." Tatia replied, instantly. "Wouldn't it be great? You would have a son and I would have a daughter?"
"They could be wed. It would be amazing."
"Are the two of you talking about Benji and Tatia's child's betrothal again?" Abraham and Stewart approached the friends. The girls looked up at their husbands, smiling sheepishly.
"Perhaps." Tatia laughed. Stewart sat down behind Tatia and put his arms around her as Abraham helped his wife up.
"Hello." Amity giggled, snaking her arms around his neck.
"Hello." He smiled back, adjusting her flower crown. "My queen."
"My king." She gazed adoringly at him. Benjamin walked over to his parents, tugging on their legs. Amity and Abraham laughed as Abraham bent down to pick him up. "Our prince." Amity placed a kiss on her son's forehead.