36

Freya went in search of her sister. Amity had disappeared after putting the children to bed. She found her in the nursery, sitting on the floor beside Izzy's bed, crying.
"Oh, Amity!" Freya rushed over to her. Amity was holding a crown in a box. Freya wrapped her arm around her sister, letting Amity fall into her embrace. "Hey, what is it?"
"I miss him." Amity sobbed. "I miss him so much."
"Oh, sister." Freya rubbed her arm. Amity held onto the box. "Where did this come from?"
"Abraham." Amity said, clutching to it tighter.
"How?"
"I think Izzy." Amity traced a finger on the gem.
"That can wait until later." Freya muttered softly, before focusing on soothing her sister again.
"I'm never going to ever see him again, Freya. I can't die. Even if I die as a vampire, I'll just come back. I love him and I can never see him again." Freya let her sister lean against her, gently stroking her hair.

After a while, Freya gently unfurled Amity's fingers off the crown. She put it back in the box.
"How about we leave this in here for a little bit?" She said, closing the lid. Amity nodded and Freya stood up, helping her sister up. Freya helped her sister to her room and into her bed. "I'll go put this someplace safe." She promised and walked out of the room. She sighed frustrated glaring at the box, muttering insults. She went into her own room and tucked the box out of sight. She got out of her party clothes, throwing on a vest and shorts before walking out. Hayley and Jackson had gone home, and so had Isaac. Rebekah had also gone away and Elijah had disappeared. Klaus and Cami and Amira sat together in the courtyard. Freya snuck back into Amity's room, where the vampire sat on the bed. She hadn't moved from where Freya had led her to. "Oh, Ami. Come on." Freya attempted to help her sister.
"I'm pathetic." Amity said.
"No, you're not. You're hurting. You're in pain."
"I'm pathetic. God I hate this. I hate missing him. I hate knowing it won't ever get better because he is permanently branded into my soul, and the worst thing is I don't want it to get better. Because the moment it gets better, it means I don't love him anymore. The moment I stop being sad is the moment I give up hope and no matter how much it hurts, I can't give up hope. I can't forget him."
"Moving on doesn't mean you won't love him anymore. You never got the chance to properly mourn him. To let him go. Because before it was you who died, not him."
"I don't want to mourn him. I just want him back."
"But you can't have him back."
"Maybe not, but we can have Finn back. Let's bring back Finn. He's alive, and I'm sure we can get his body restored. Let's do it."
"Not tonight." Freya denied. "Right now, you need to get some sleep."
"And we'll get Kol back. We'll be a family. Mostly."
"But not tonight." Freya said. "Come on, get changed."
"Okay." Amity stood.

Once Amity was appropriately dressed for sleep, Freya helped her into bed and crawled in beside her, comforting her sister.
"Thanks, Freya." Amity whispered.
"Anytime, sister." Freya hugged her. "Now get some sleep." Amity nodded, and slowly drifted off. She was woken up by her brother's yells and sat up, concerned. She slipped out of her bed, to go investigate, and found her brother crying over a bloody Cami.
"Nik!" She said, speeding over. She tried to pull him off her dead body but he pushed her off. He began throwing around objects in his room in anger as his sister tried to stop him. "Nik! Come on, Nik." She grabbed his arms, holding him in place and he looked at her, distraught. She looked sympathetically at him, and hugged him tightly, preventing him from lashing out as he softened. "I'm sorry." She muttered. "I am so sorry."
"She's dead." Amity glanced at Cami, and slowly stood and walked over to her body. She closed her eyes, searching for a hint of life that she might be able to build on.
"Nik, did you give her some blood?"
"What?"
"Did you give Cami some blood?"
"No, why?" He looked up at her.
"Because she's transitioning." Amity replied and put her hand on Cami's forehead. Cami sat up with a gasp, and Klaus rushed over to her side.
"Klaus?" Cami asked, looking at him. Klaus allowed himself a small moment of relief to realise he still had the woman he loved.

After a while Amity had left her brother to talk to Cami alone. On her way to her room, she bumped into Elijah.
"What happened?" He asked.
"Cami died. She's in transitioning."
"What? How?" Amity shrugged.
"I don't know. He's talking to her. I think it's best to give them a little space." She said and he nodded. He let her walk past to her room. Freya lay deep in sleep and Amity smiled softly at her big sister. She walked out to search for Amira.
"Hey, grandma." Amira greeted.
"Hi, Amira."
"So what happened with Cami?"
"She's in transitioning."
"How?" Amity shrugged. "Uncle Nik must be devastated."
"He is. He's going to need us. But right now, he just needs to be with Cami."
"Yeah, of course."
"I'm going to go take Izzy out, see if I can get him to drink some blood." Amity said. "I think it's Hope. Every time he refuses blood, she's around."
"Are you suggesting your two year old has more self control than a fully grown vampire?"
"I wouldn't be surprised."