19

I took Isaac home and told Amira to catch him up, before taking Izzy with me to Hayley's. I'd had to make him a daylight ring, seeing as he almost burned when I took him outside. When I took him to Hayley's I made sure to keep a close eye on them he and Hope, but it didn't seem as though Izzy wanted to drink from Hope.
Hayley and Jackson came back late that night.
"She did it." Was Hayley's first words. "She undid the curse."
"That's great." I whispered, grinning. I sat in the children's nursery, as Hayley walked in.
"How were they?" She gestured to them.
"They were good. Hope was, at least. Izzy refused to eat."
"At all?"
"Yeah. I don't know, maybe it's a side effect of triggering his vampire side."
"What's his temperature like?"
"Fine. He's perfectly healthy." I shrugged. "I'll just monitor him tonight, and tomorrow, see if he's hungry then."
"Okay. You staying the night?"
"Thanks, but I gotta get home. See if maybe Izzy'll eat there."
"Sure. Thanks for this."
"Of course." I smiled, before putting Izzy in his pram and walking out. Lia joined me as soon as I left. "Hey."
"Hi."
"You've been kind of MIA lately."
"Kind of hard to catch you without Malum lately."
"I'm not with him all the time."
"Sure feels like it." I stopped.
"Lia..."
"So he had blood, huh?" She gestured at Izzy.
"Yeah."

The next morning, I made plans to spend the day with Lia. I astral projected to spend some time with Rebekah and Freya first, before leaving early, once the two of them began drinking. I got Izzy ready, before heading out. She'd insisted we meet at the Jackson square in the quarter. I was right outside when I heard a sickening crack. I fell to the ground unconscious.
When I came to, I was bound by chains to a chair. Tristan sat in front of me.
"I apologise for the manhandling. I didn't think you'd actually come and sit before me if I asked politely."
"You think?" I spat. I looked around hoping to catch a glance of Izzy. I only hoped he went to his father, as soon as he realised something was wrong. Not wanting to clue Tristan in on Izzy, I kept my mouth shut.
"Amity, darling." I rolled my eyes. "I promise, as soon as you hear me out you're free to go. I just want a chance to talk."
"Talk. I can't guarantee that I'll listen." I glared. He started talking, and I closed my eyes, willing my astral form over to Lia.
"Amity." She said. "Hey-"
"Lia, stop. Look, I was jumped by Elijah's first Sure. He wants something. I'm going to stall him, let him think he has the upper hand for now, and I need you not to come save me. I can handle him. But Izzy- I don't know if he's with his father, or not." She closed her eyes, focusing.
"He is."
"Okay."
"What do you need from me?"
"Find Isaac. Protect him. Just in case, because the last time I thought he was a secret from the world, Dahlia put him in that coma."
"I'll stay with him. Are you sure you're okay?"
"I can tolerate Tristan. But this prophecy- I think he knows more than he's saying. So I'm going to try to get some information out of him. I have to go now. He put these magic dampening chains on me, so I need to disappear before he suspects anything."
"Stay safe. Get me if you need anything." She insisted and I nodded, before closing my eyes to return to my original body.
"I'd heard you had magic, so I took some precautions." He said. "You can try all you want, but I'm the one with the key."
"What do you want, Tristan?"
"I told you. I just want a chance to talk."
"Why? It's been a thousand years."
"I'm aware. Nine hundred of which, your family stuck you in a box."
"Well, no family's perfect."
"They kept you locked away."
"Yes, yes. They're horrible. Bla bla bla. I'm over it, so come up with something new."
"Just like that, you're over your family betraying you, keeping you in storage until it tickled their fancy."
"I lost enough family already. I'm not going to push away all I have left."
"Your loyalty is misguided."
"How is what you do to your own sister any better? Locking her up in a monastery, to visit whenever it tickled your fancy."
"I only did so for her own good."
"As my siblings kept me daggered for mine."
"You were always the most stable of your siblings. You didn't need a dagger in your heart."
"You only ever saw what you wanted to see, Tristan."
"I loved you."
"You didn't know anything about love. You barely knew me. You were obsessed."
"From the moment you met me, you hated me. Why?" He asked.
"Because you were a sadist. You delighted in the pain of others. Look at you now. You have me in chains." I scoffed.
"Did I ever have a chance?"
"I have only ever been in love with one man my entire life. You don't have a chance now, and you certainly didn't have a chance then."
"I heard you have a child."
"What business is it of yours?"
"It's true?"
"And if it is?"
"Is it?"
"It could be."
"You don't want to tell me."
"I don't even want to talk to you."
"You hate me that much?"
"You're here, threatening my siblings. You, your sister and Lucien."
"We're not threatening your siblings. We truly want to keep our sires safe, so we don't die."
"I don't believe you."
"Lucien has a weapon, capable of killing your siblings. Capable of killing you."
"My choice never to turn anyone, means I don't have a sire line. Less enemies."
"No but you are still a Mikaelson. People will target you to get to your siblings."
"I can take care of myself-" I got cut off by my phone. I reached into my pocket and answered it. "Hello, little brother."
"Amity, where are you?"
"Uh, having a chat with your little sireling."
"Amity get out of there now." He said.
"Relax, Elijah. Call for Aria. Tell her I can't make it today."
"Amity-"
"Do you trust me, Elijah?"
"Of course."
"Then trust me when I say, I'll be fine. He's not really doing much except for a little whining, anyway." Tristan looked somewhat offended.
"Fine, just check in with me, and come home soon."
"Goodbye, Elijah." I laughed and hung up.
"You didn't tell him."
"That you kidnapped me and have me in chains? No, I didn't."
"Why not?"
"You wanted a chance." I shrugged, before clarifying. "To talk."