24

I gathered the equipment that I'd need to help Freya, grabbing the map, and concentrating on pulling together all of Elijah's blood. I moved it back into the bowl, leaving the map pristine, as though Freya hadn't poured Elijah's blood on it.
"Concentrate on the blood. Imagine it like a magnet." I tried to explain. "Rebekah is it's other half- it should be drawn to her. Envision it snaking around the world to find her. Now repeat after me. Phasmatos tribum ostende mihi sanguis sanguinem meum."
"Phasmatos tribum ostende mihi sanguis sanguinem meum." She repeated and closed her eyes. "Phasmatos tribum ostende mihi sanguis sanguinem meum." The blood poured out of the bowl onto the map as it moved across the continents before settling on the ocean. It spread across the entire map staying away from the continents. "Great. So we know she's in the ocean. That narrows it down to about seventy percent of the world."
"You have to channel more of my power."
"I'm taking as much as is possible without hurting you."
"No you're not. You can channel a lot more of me."
"How did Davina keep Hayley cloaked from you? You couldn't find her either."
"That's a good question. Lia and I both couldn't find her. It wasn't even until-" I stopped coming to a realisation.
"Until what?"
"Until we got Mal to help that we found her."
"Mal is the evil one?"
"He's not evil... anymore. But yeah. But it can't have been him. Helping us find Hayley was the first spell he did since he was himself again."
"So... what happened?"
"I suppose Davina's the only one who could tell us. Or Mal."
"Maybe if we get answers on that, we can get answers on Rebekah?"
"Maybe." I frowned. "Mal!" I called and he appeared.
"Yes?"
"Where did you disappear to after we located Hayley?"
"I was just... taking in the sights."
"The truth."
"You don't believe me?"
"I don't believe you're telling me the truth."
"Zee-"
"Malum I need the truth."
"The snake stone you gave the witches. It was one of mine from before you cursed us."
"Davina channelled it... She channelled your power, which is why we could find Hayley only after you helped."
"Yes."
"You went to her?"
"I was curious what the little witch was doing with one of my trinkets."
"Is anyone channelling you right now?" He closed his eyes.
"No, your current predicament is in no way related to me. Now if that's all, I have candy to steal from a child." I rolled my eyes as he disappeared.
"He's an acquired taste."
"I can see why." She groaned. "Let's try this again." Elijah showed up at the door.
"Are you having any luck?"
"No." I shook my head.
"Well, not true. She's in the middle of an ocean somewhere. So that's something." Freya shrugged.
"Nothing concrete." I amended.
"Pun intended?" Freya smirked and I rolled my eyes.
"Don't you have to go to Mystic Falls?" Elijah asked.
"Caroline can wait."
"You said it yourself. Water inhibits your magic. You won't be able to find Rebekah."
"Maybe not, but Freya can. If she keeps channelling me, she can push through whatever magic is cloaking Rebekah."
"We will find Rebekah." Elijah promised. "But if I recall correctly, you promised to help a young vampire through her supernatural pregnancy."
"Why are you so desperate to be rid of me Elijah?"
"I'm not. I just think... maybe you should pace yourself."
"Rebekah is our sister. Our little sister, who is suffering at the hands of our brother's psychotic girlfriend."
"Exactly. And with the way you don't seem to much care for your own safety, who's to say they won't get you too. For god's sake Tristan already kidnapped you this morning. Isaiah only barely managed to get away. Who's to say that won't happen again?"
"Tristan snapping my neck took me off guard, but he cannot hold me. My powers aren't anything you've seen before, Elijah. Nature gives me any resource I need so long as I adhere to her rules. My only weaknesses are my limitations."
"Nature has a balance for everything, remember? Surely there's something to be used against a creature of your power."
"My power is a gift from nature herself. She is the only force with the ability to truly take it away. I can use it for whatever I wish, as long as I step up when the need arises and as long as I make sure not to use my power against nature's wish."
"We still know nothing about your sorcery. This type of magic that's been around for thousands of years... yet we've never heard of it in our lifetime."
"So you don't trust me? Is that it? You don't trust my magic? You think whatever I'm doing will backfire, end up hurting Rebekah instead? You don't control me, Elijah. I will make every effort to find her because Rebekah is just as much my sister as she is yours."
"Is she?" He asked.
"Elijah!" Freya admonished. I glared at him sending him back to the compound. "Amity, he didn't-"
"He said exactly what he meant, but I don't care. He's not what matters right now. Rebekah is."