25

Freya and I tried spell after spell to find Rebekah with no luck. Eventually Marcel came to check in on us.
"Anything?"
"We can't find the hemisphere she's on, let alone coordinates." I sighed.
"Maybe you just need something of hers. Maybe a hairbrush, or..." he suggested.
"Her blood is in our veins. That should be enough." Freya groaned. She turned to me, pleadingly. "Got anything in your museum of artefacts?"
"She's in the ocean. Water negates locator spells." I groaned. She turned to me with an idea.
"What if, instead of locating where she is, you go to her. You can feel her, right? Like you can feel me?"
"Freya my link to you was established centuries ago when I was a kid. The bond between you and I is far stronger than the blood connection between us and Rebekah. You and I built a psychic connection on top of that."
"So use that." She said and Marcel frowned.
"What do you mean? Use what?" I asked.
"The link between you and I. Use it as a booster to find our blood. Rebekah."
"It's worth a shot." I nodded.
"What kind of spell can do that?" Marcel asked and Freya and I exchanged glances.
"It's, uh, an ancient ritual." I said before turning to Freya. I closed my eyes, grabbing Freya's hand. Taking her suggestion, I drew strength from the familial bond between she and I and used it to send myself to the blood we shared- to Rebekah. I ended up in an ocean, and almost immediately materialised back in the attic, soaking. "I don't think we thought this through." Freya closed her grimoire frustrated at the turn of events, and I magically dried myself off.
"This stupid prophecy-"
"We'll beat it."
"The only person who knows where Rebekah is, is our brother's psychotic ex and your creepy suitor."
"He's not my suitor, or my anything. He's just creepy." I said. "We'll find her, Freya."
"Take a break." She said. "Go check in on your friend. Maybe all we need is to clear our heads."
"Where are you going?"
"It's time to talk sense into our little brothers, don't you think?" Freya shrugged. "You're welcome to join me, but I thought I'd spare you from facing Elijah."
"It's okay." I shrugged. "I'll give you a ride." I shrugged, and we walked out of the building leaving Marcel behind. When we finally left, I grabbed her and transported us to the abattoir. We walked through the courtyard to find our brothers dining with Tristan, Lucien and Aurora.
"We're welcoming our enemies to the dinner table now? Convenient, given she's the one who has the answers we want." Freya said, gesturing rudely at Aurora.
"Do remind me, sister. Who was the one complaining that we don't seem to kill our enemies often enough?" I asked.
"I do believe it's the same brother, sitting rather amicably with three of our enemies this very moment." She said.
"Oh, for heaven's sake! Now I have to deal with the long-lost sister and her?" Aurora turned to Nik dramatically. "Nik, please spare me your family's rage and paranoia. It is exactly this kind of lunacy which led me to steal Rebekah in the first place."
"Where the hell is our sister?" Freya growled angrily.
"Oh, I'm sorry, love, but this prophecy has you all acting as fools. And I've no intention of risking my life to foolishness."
"The only foolishness here is the three of you thinking you can pull one over on us. Let me assure you, we're all beginning to tire of playing along to your game. So tell me where the hell you put our sister, before I get it out of you."
"Why? I can't trust Rebekah with any of you. And I certainly can't trust the silly dear to endure on her own, so I decided to put her someplace safe. Imagine a spot where no harm could come to her. Where, in fact, no one could possibly even track her down."
"Yes, we're well aware that you've put her at the bottom of the ocean." She frowned, and I looked at her, pouting sympathetically. "Oh, I'm sorry. Was that supposed to be a secret? It's only a matter of time before we do find her ourselves."
"Continue, then. Waste your time. You won't find her." She looked at Nik. "I assure you, she's perfectly fine. Like Amity said, she's at the bottom of the ocean. Safe from harm."
"You're bluffing." Nik glared at her before glancing at us. I shook my head. "Tell me you're bluffing!"
"Oh, you should all be thanking me. Rebekah's never been safer! She has plenty of company down there. There's all the little crabs, and octopuses, and..." Aurora began to make hand gestures and Nik angrily slammed his hands on the table, standing to his feet. Before he could do anything else, Tristan vamp-sped over to Freya and held the point of a knife to her throat.
"Harm my sister, and I'll be forced to return the favor." He growled. I glared at him, and the knife slipped out of his grasp, and jabbed itself into his gut as he let go of Freya and I pulled her towards me.
"In case it wasn't clear enough, Tristan, I am not warming up to you." Elijah, sped over to Tristan and pinned him face-first against one of the support beams of the balcony. Lucien smirked, awkwardly sipping his drink.
"Oh, this all escalated very quickly..." He said, amused.
"Shut up, Lucien, or I'll tear your tongue from your head."
"Be careful with your threats, Nik. If anything should happen to me, I won't be able to protect your precious Cami." Aurora glared, jealous and angry.
"Okay, that is the second time I've heard her name! Just who is this Cami?"
"You have bigger problems." Freya flicked her wrist, magically snapping Aurora's neck. She fell to the ground.
"Freya!" Nik sounded upset. Elijah dragged Tristan back to the table and shoved him down onto his seat.
"Niklaus..." Elijah began. "Which of these two vulgar parasites would you first like to torture?"
"Well, it's half a dozen of one and six of the other, isn't it?" Klaus shrugged, walking over to Lucien. He stood behind him, putting his hand on his shoulders, squeezing them tightly as he smirked.
"Why don't you take the stable boy?" He smirked at Tristan. "Tristan and I are long overdue for a good catch-up." Nik leaned down to whisper into Lucien's ear.
"Oh, if anything happens to Camille..."
"Oh, I'm quite sure Lucien's aware. Devastating error." Elijah cut him off and I looked at Freya.
"I suppose this means Freya and I get the crazy one."
"And here I thought you had other matters to attend to." Tristan said, wincing as Elijah dug his fingers into his shoulder.
"If I'm being perfectly honest, Tristan, I would just rather be doing anything else than be anywhere in your presence." I grabbed Aurora's arm and dragged her. "Come on, sister. I haven't had a girl's night in forever." I pouted innocently. Freya smirked and followed me into the ballroom.