61

"No." I said under my breath. I closed my eyes, trying to reach Finn.
"No what?" Elijah asked.
"Shh." I quietened him.
"Oh, he looks awful." Kol walked into the room. "Werewolf bite. That's got to hurt, mate. So, Lucien's a bloody hybrid?"
"We don't know what he is. His venom seems to work twice as fast."
"That's good. Maybe it'll work through his system twice as fast." Freya sounded hopeful, and Kol stood up, shrugging as though he didn't care.
"Or it's twice as lethal. Now, if Niklaus doesn't get here in time, he might die. With a bit of luck..." Freya stood up and punched Kol in the face.
"What is wrong with you?"
"Enough! I need silence. I need to concentrate, and if you can't do that, then get out." I glared at them and turned to Finn. Freya came back to my side.
"Is there anything I can do?"
"I just need quiet." I focused my hand on top of his wound again.
I said no!
"He won't die."
I've claimed him. He's not yours to take or save.
"He's still alive, and as long as he's alive he's mine to save."
He's been marked with death. He belongs to me.
"I don't accept that."
"Who are you talking to, grandma?" Amira crouched on my other side.
"No one." I increased the intensity of my healing.
"Oh dear, that does look bad." Mal appeared, standing above. "Need help?"
"Mal, no!"
"Relax, no strings."
"That's not what I'm worried about. It's not safe for you here. Go."
"What are you talk...?" He trailed off as a switch seemed to go off in his head. "Are you kidding me? This is the consequence?"
"Mal, go."
"Let me help." He moved forward and I pushed out a hand, putting him under a sleeping spell, and turned back to Finn. The house began to shake as I pushed through nature's resistance, saving my brother against nature's will.
"What's going on?" Amira asked.
"I just need to concentrate." The more I healed the bite, the more resistance I encountered. "I can do this."
"Amity, if you're going to hurt yourself- maybe you should-"
"I'm fine."
"Grandma- you're bleeding." I used my free hand and raised it to my nose. It was moist.
If I can't have him, then I'll have you.
I felt a relief of pressure and Finn was good as new. I sighed in relief before it hit me. Everything around me began to blur and I collapsed against Freya.

*third person*

As soon as Amity fell unconscious, Mal woke up. He stood up and his eyes fell on his sister.
"No, no! Zia." He rushed over to her side and shook her.
She was warned. You will not defy me, Malum. She cannot protect you anymore.
"What the hell?" Amira asked, looking pointedly at Mal.
"She really pissed off Nature and now she's dying. Please move out of the way so I can try to save her." Amira moved and Malum put his hand on her head. "Lia!" He called but there was no answer. "Lia!" She must have tuned him out, so he opted for summoning her. He put his lips together whistling a tune and Aeliana appeared.
"What do you want?" She glared.
"I need help."
"Why?" She looked behind him and saw Amity unconscious. "What happened? What did you do?"
"It's my fault, but we need to fix her. A thousand years ago, Zee killed herself to activate the curse, right?"
"Yes."
"Do it again, just this time no killing. I can re-establish the link. You just have to curse me this time."
"Why would you-?"
"We don't have time, Lia. You have to trust me." She looked between her brother and her sister but nodded. Malum closed his eyes and began to reattach the link he had with Amity. A few minutes later he opened his eyes and nodded. Aeliana walked over to him and made some hand gestures, all the while muttering in some long forgotten language the Mikaelsons didn't recognise. When she finished, there was a ball of darkness in her hands and she pushed it at Malum who absorbed it. He grabbed the couch for support, his eyes flashing a bright green. Once he'd steadied himself he leaned down to check on Amity.
"What just happened?" Kol moved forward, pushing Mal out of the way.
"By bringing Finn back from death's door, Zee broke her oath. Your brother was marked for death. Nature gives but it also takes. Zia disturbed that. She couldn't pay the price- letting her brother die, so nature's demanding another price."
"What?"
"Her life. Not forever. Kind of like a time out. A punishment." Amity's eye snapped open and she groaned.
"Hey, how are you feeling?" Aeliana questioned.
"Mortified. No way Lucien gets the better of us." She looked up at Finn. "Are you okay?"
"Why didn't you stop? It was killing you."
"I can't be mad at you if you're dead." She said.
"It wouldn't have killed me." Finn frowned.
"Yes, it would have. Otherwise healing you would've been easy. Lucien's not a vampire. He's what the prophecy's been warning about. He's the weapon."
"Well that's bloody great, isn't it?" Klaus walked in. "Lucien's some sort of evolved being, capable of killing an original."
"And you're not a sorceress anymore." Mal said, looking at Amity.
"I know." Amity held her hand out in front of her. She closed it and opened it. "I know."