4

Aeliana came back soon after, with a solemn look on her head.
"Nothing for me either." She said.
"That shouldn't be possible."
"We could try it together." She said. "I brought her hairbrush with me. By the way, Klaus dragged Freya home. He's getting a second opinion, I guess."
"Of course he is. He wouldn't be him if he didn't. Okay, let's do it." Aeliana walked closer to her siblings and just ignored Malum altogether. She help out the brush and Amity put her hand on top of Aeliana's. "Mal, come on."
"Why?"
"Because I asked you to."
"The first thing I'm going to do when I got back my full powers is help you find your friend? Do you know how lame that is?"
"Seriously?" Aeliana scoffed.
"Fine." He groaned, and put his hand on Amity's. The three of them closed their eyes, concentrating. Energy swirled around them- green, gold, red. They stayed like that for a long while but slowly, it died down.
"I know where she is." Amity said. "Thank you." She disappeared, and found Hayley outside on a city corner. "Hayley!"
"Amity!" The wolf said, relieved.
"I was worried." Amity pulled her closer. "Are you hurt?"
"What?" Hayley then noticed the blood covering her. "I'm fine."
"Come on, let's get you home." Amity grabbed Hayley's hand and teleported they both to the compound.
"What was that?" Hayley asked.
"Magic." Amity said. Hayley looked around, before narrowing her eyes. She pulled her arm off Amity.
"Where the hell is that bastard?"
"Hayley, what happened?" Jackson, who was chained to the wall, tried to move towards his wife.
"Hayley. Come to apologize for all your transgressions?" Amity rolled her eyes. Leave it to Klaus to be an ass. Hayley turned around to look at him.
"Do you have any idea what you have taken from me?" She walked towards him, and tried to throw a punch at him. He dodged it, grabbed her arm, and twisted it behind her back. She screamed in pain and anger, and Amity waved her hand, pushing her brother off him. Hayley kicked Klaus in the face, taking advantage of the momentary distraction.
"The very thing you sought to take from me-- the chance to raise our daughter. Your punishment fits your crime." He replied, no remorse in his tone.
"Your family was ruining her life!" Hayley yelled. Klaus sped at her pinning her in a choke-hold against a nearby table.
"Niklaus, enough!" Amity waved her hand again, pulling him away.
"My family saved her life while you were off playing hide-and-seek in the forest!" He yelled, and Jackson tried to break out of his chains. Freya kept him at bay, keeping him chained with her magic.
"Let me go! He'll kill her!" Jackson said, angrily.
"He'll kill you!" Freya said.
"There's a very short list of people who've tried to take Hope away from me, and you're the only one left breathing." Klaus argued back.
"Are you that delusional, Klaus? You cursed all of us! Every wolf that I fought for, everyone that stood up for our daughter. You took all of them away from their families!"
"Yes, yes, your precious pack, that family you chose over us, and in doing so, you chose over Hope."
"Is that what you were planning on telling her when she got older and asked for me? That I abandoned her?" Hayley furious, broke the end of a table and used the broken leg as a makeshift stake, lunging for Klaus. However, Klaus took the stake and threw it aside. Hayley jumped onto the balcony. She leapt over to where Klaus had sped to, punching him. She started shoving him back, punching him and hitting him, and Klaus stopped fighting, as though realising he deserved her anger and hatred. "My parents left me! Yours turned their backs on you! Look at us now, Klaus!" She seemed to get through with him and he let her continue hitting him, not fighting back. She yelled in frustration at Klaus's lack of response.
"Hayley!" Amity called but was ignored.
"She deserves something better than what we had, and all I have ever wanted for her is something better!" Klaus stood silently, letting her take out her rage on him.
"Fight back! Fight back!" She yelled, punching him harder. He stopped as he noticed something behind her, making Hayley turn around. Izzy and Hope were walking together, the younger of the two more uncertain in her steps, but curious as to what was making such a loud noise. Hayley's mouth opened in shock, as she stopped hitting Klaus. She covered her mouth with her hand in horror as Amira sped out from behind them. On the ground floor, Amity, Jackson and Freya watched as emotion after emotion passed over Hayley's face.
"Ohhhh. She's walking. When did she start walking?" Hayley asked softly. Everyone was silent as tears welled up in Hayley's eyes. She slowly took steps towards the children and picked up Hope, holding her tightly in her chest. She seemed to have forgotten about the blood coating her as Amira picked up Izzy, looking at the distraught Hayley. Hope gurgled, happily making baby noises. "I missed it. I missed everything." Hayley kissed Hope's cheek as Freya, Jackson, and Amity continued to watch sadly from the ashamed of his actions realising just how far he went. Hayley walked past Amira stopping to put a hand on Izzy's head before walking down the stairs. Freya had undone Jackson's chains.
"What happened? Is the curse broken?" He asked walking to Hayley. Klaus trailed after Hayley, beside Amira.
"I'll explain later. We're safe." Hayley assured him. "For now."
"Good for you. I'll have your bedroom made up." Klaus remarked from behind and Amira elbowed him.
"The only way that I will stay under your roof is if I'm in a coffin." She growled.
"If you think I will allow Hope out of my protection for a second-"
"What you'll allow doesn't matter, Klaus. Welcome to a 21st century custody battle. Moms win them now." She cut him off.
"You can stay at my apartment." Amity offered softly. "However long you want or need. Amira and I are the only two vampires who've been invited in." She turned to her brother to assure him. "They will be safe, and it's already pretty much baby-proofed. It's also not too far away, in case you need anything, but far enough for you to have your privacy."
"But-"
"Niklaus, it's not up to you. Hope is not just your child. Hayley's her parent too, and deserves a say in how her daughter is to be raised."
"Thanks." Hayley said gratefully. "And Klaus hasn't been invited in?"
"No. I'll have to move out some stuff, but I can do that when I show you where it is."