21

The compound was surprisingly empty. I sped around, calling out.
"Amira?!" I called. "Nik?! Oh, bloody hell where is everybody."
"Enough with the yelling, dear sister." Nik said, walking out barely clothed.
"Why are you practically naked?"
"I have company." He said. Just then Aurora walked out behind him, wearing his shirt.
"Yes, because that's the solution. Sleep with the enemy."
"What's wrong?"
"Put on some clothes and meet me outside in five. I need to talk to you. Minus your new accessory." I stormed out. I waited outside and he soon came out.
"What is it?"
"I'm heading to Mystic Falls for a little bit."
"Why?"
"Caroline's pregnant. Possibly."
"That's impossible."
"Some sort of witch transfer spell from Alaric's fiancée."
"Is that possible?"
"There is a spell like that. And as long as Caroline has a healthy diet of blood, her body will still work like that of a human's. I'm not going to be long."
"I know you don't like her but, Ami-"
"No, I don't. I don't like any of them. But right now, if Caroline's pregnant? It changes everything. It's about the lives of two innocents, not Finn and Kol."
"Twins?"
"Yeah."
"Nik, there's something else I need to tell you."
"Of course." He looked curious. I held out my hand.
"Trust me?"
"Always." He replied immediately grabbing my hand. I teleported us to the old plantation for privacy. "What's this?"
"I couldn't have Aurora find out. Nik, it's Tristan. He and Lucien are not here to help."
"We already knew that."
"But they're also not looking to see you dead. They want you to suffer. All of you. Right now, they have a plan. They want to trap you. Keep you locked up for eternity."
"How?"
"I didn't quite get that far. I got out of him all I could."
"Sister, when were you talking to him? Where's Izzy?"
"Izzy is going to be with his dad for a little while. He passed over this morning, after Tristan had his goons snap my neck and kidnap me."
"He did what?"
"He tried to use some magic dampening chains on me."
"I'm guessing it didn't work?"
"My magic can't be contained, not that there was any reason for Tristan to know outright. Izzy's safe, but if he does come to you- or to Hayley, look after him, Nik."
"Of course, Amity. Are you sure you're okay to go to Mystic Falls?"
"I'm sure I'll have to be. If Caroline is pregnant then I have no choice. I have to make sure those babies are going to be okay."
"It's your nature." He shrugged.
"Be careful around Tristan and Lucien, and especially be careful around Aurora. She hurt you once."
"I'm not the naive, scared man I used to be. I know what I'm doing. Besides, Aurora broke my heart because Elijah compelled her to. Don't worry, everything's fine between us again."
"Where's Amira?"
"She's not here. She said she was going out and never came back." I closed my eyes.
"She's okay. Just having some fun." I let him know. "I'm going to take you home now, and go find our siblings."

I then headed to find the rest of my siblings, and found that Elijah and Freya were all together.
"Hi." I said, and Freya turned to look at me, dread on her face. "What is it?"
"While you were off playing friends with Tristan, he was busy kidnapping out sister."
"I was not playing friends. He kidnapped me too. I just decided to get some answers while he thought he had the upper hand. What do you mean he was kidnapping our sister. Where's Rebekah?"
"He had his minions kidnap her from Morocco. I'm searching for her now. What did he want with you?"
"Answers. He wanted to know why I wasn't in the visions. Whether I actually did have a child or not. He tried to convince me to abandon you all."
"So we can add delusional to the list. And how exactly did he keep you subdued."
"Anti magic chains."
"And he let you out?"
"No, the chains don't actually work on me. But I do have an idea on what he's planning. Tristan and Lucien despise our siblings. They don't want them dead. They want them trapped. Helpless. In a prison they control. Suffering, but alive. I don't know how exactly, but they have a plan, and I'm guessing taking Rebekah was part of it."
"What else did you get from him?"
"Not much else. He closed up when I started getting answers. And Caroline Forbes also called."
"Mystic Falls Caroline? Elena's friend Caroline?"
"Do you know any other Caroline Forbes?"
"I wasn't aware you were talking to her."
"I wasn't. I only answered because it bothered Tristan that he didn't have my entire attention."
"What did she want?"
"She might be pregnant. With twins."
"She's a vampire. It's impossible."
"Not her biological kids. Apparently the history teacher was getting married. His fiancée died, but a coven of witches performed a transference spell. Magical surrogacy. But that can wait. Right now, Rebekah matters."
"We can find Rebekah. We'll get answers out of our first sired."
"How is this even an argument? Rebekah is our sister. She needs our help. I won't abandon her."
"And I'm not asking you to."
"Rebekah being missing takes priority over Caroline possibly being pregnant, Elijah."
"She's right. I'm going to need her help. I can't find her." Freya spoke up. "You call Niklaus, we'll continue searching."