Chapter 4 - Don't Need a Man

Roseanne West

I opened my eyes slowly and I felt so sore down there. I looked down and found someone wrapping their arms around me. I slowly turned my head and my eyes widen. Did I just lose my V card last night to a man that I met at the bar? Shit.

I slowly slipped away from his arms and I quickly looked for my dress and my underwear. I quickly put it on and checked myself at the mirror. I combed my hair with my hands and took out my lipstick from my bag.

I sighed and turned my head to the man that I slept with last night. Well, it's just a one night stand so it's not a big deal besides I did ask myself to enjoy and I did. No regrets.. all I need to do now is just leave.

I put on my heels and checked myself one last time before going out. I heard that the man started to move in his sleep so I decided to quickly go out from the room. I checked my phone and it's 10.30. I tried to find a way to the lift and when I found it, I pressed the button.

"Hey hey.. wait!" I was shocked to see the man stopping me from getting into the lift.

"What?" I asked.

"Can I get your name? And maybe your number?" He asked and I shook my head. I walked towards the lift but he grabbed my hand preventing me to go.

"Aren't you mad at me? I took you-"

"No and let me go. I will forget about this and you too so.. let me go." I said coldly and he looked at me disbelief. He slowly let go of my hand and I pressed the L button. I closed the door and I smirked to him before the door fully closed.

I leaned my body to the wall of the lift and felt my head hurting so much. I drank a lot of alcohol last night and ended up in bed having sex with someone. Great! That tells me that I shouldn't be drinking alcohol alone.

I got out from the lift and walked out to grab a taxi to go home. I felt so dizzy and I need more sleep too. Once I arrived at my apartment building, I dragged myself towards the lift. I need something that can wake me up because I still have a lot of alcohol inside my body.

I put on my passcode to my apartment and walked inside when suddenly someone jumped out in front of me. I screamed loudly before realizing that it's Carrie.

"Happy birthday!" She said cheerfully as she hugged me tightly.

"Why do you smell like alcohol was poured all over your body?" She said as she looked at me suspiciously.

"I just lost my V card to a man that I don't even know." I said flatly and Carrie's eyes went so wide that it could popped out in a second.

"What?!"

"I said it.. I got so drunk and we just did it." I said.

"Aren't you suppose to be mad at that guy for taking advantage of you? You were drunk." She bursted angrily.

"Nah.. I don't mind. Besides we will never see each other again and I won't even have any boyfriend or husband or someone else in the future so losing my virginity to a stranger won't mean anything." I said as I turned my coffee machine.

"Did you hear yourself?" She asked me completely angry.

"Carrie, you know me and you don't need to be angry at me like this." I hissed coldly.

"Until when you will act like this, Rosie? For godsake, you're a romance novelist.. can you at least believe in love just a little bit?"

"There's no such thing as love. It will always end up with separation or dead or maybe getting cheated on." I said as I poured my coffee into a cup. I turned my body to Carrie and she already gave me a killing look.

"Not all men are bad, Rosie."

"You can say that because you're married to my brother and he's a good man to begin with. I don't trust them.. one of their species even took my V card last night. Yey!" I said it sarcasticly.

"I just hope one day you will find someone that you can crazily and madly in love with because I don't want to see you alone all the time and have this boring life of yours." She said and I sighed.

"Being with someone is not for me, Carrie. I don't need a man. I have you, my dad, my brother and that's enough. The three of you always give me a headache and I don't need to add another one." I said and I drank my coffee slowly.

"Look.. I know you can't deal with separation, death and getting your heart break by someone but this is life, Rosie. It always happen and I know a little part of your heart.. you still believe in love because look how your novel turned out. Everyone loves it and everyone believes in love again because of you but you.. the writer herself can't even feel it." She said and I just ignored her. She always give me the same lecture again and again.

"Are you done? I need my sleep now." I said coldly.

"Fine.. Happy birthday and I'm sorry that I can't have dinner with you yesterday." She said and I nodded. She hugged me tightly and I smiled.

"Thanks." I said simply.

"I bought your favorite cake and it's in there." She said as she pointed at the fridge.

"Thanks."

"Okay.. I have to go now.. I'll see you next week. Let's have lunch together." She said and I nodded. She hugged me one last time and she left. I walked to the bedroom and took a shower. After that I put on my hoddie and shorts and go straight to bed. I fell asleep right away.