Chapter 16 - Let Me Live That Way

Roseanne West

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Now, I'm currently watching the newest K-drama. I'm always a fan of K-drama because they always describe love in a very unique and cheesy way. Even though sometimes I cringed watching them but in the end of the day, I still love it.

Did I mention that I have a Korean blood in my veins? My mom was half American-half Korean. Everytime someone sees my mom, they always tell how beautiful she is and yes, she's the most beautiful person in the world for me. People wouldn't believe me if I said my mom is American-Korean because I don't look Korean a bit.

When I turned 3 years old, I lived with my grandparents from my mother side for 1 year because my parents had to move to New York first moving the company there. My grandmother teached me Korean and I'm fluent because I kept using it with my mom but after mom died.. I never get to use it again except to watch dramas.

I've been crying watching the newest drama 'Her Private Life', I love the main characters and the story line so much that I streamed it when they went live. I always get up 6 in the morning every wednesday and thursday just to watch it.

Oh.. I will have a racoon eyes tomorrow. I need to put some ice on my eyes to prevent it from bloating tomorrow. I wiped my tears and kept watching until I eventually fell asleep on the couch after watching it until the end.

I slowly opened my eyes because the door bell rang. I got up from the sofa and walked to the door. I opened it expecting my brother or Carrie but.. Ares.

"You don't go to work?" He asked.

"No.. why?"

"Today is the book expo day right?" He asked and I raised my eyebrows.

"What time is it?"

"Almost 12." He answered and my eyes widen. I was going to turn my body to have a shower but Ares stopped me.

"Wait!" I turned to him.

"Your eyes.. are you okay?" He asked and I just nodded.

"You don't look okay. Did something happen?" He asked and I pushed his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine." I said coldly.

"Did someone make you cry?" He asked.

"Just go.. I'll text you after I'm done." I hissed and he nodded. I closed the door and walked towards my room. I jumped into the shower quickly and I put on a ripped jeans with white halter top. I curled my hair and put my make up on. I texted Ares to meet up at the lobby. I took my bag and put everything I need inside. I quickly walked out from my room and put on my highheels. I turned off my laptop that I left hanging last night.

I walked out from my apartment and found Ares already waiting in front of the lift. I walked towards him and he turned to me.

"I told you to wait on-"

"Are you sure that you're fine?" He asked and I sighed.

"Look I'm fine, if you think that I will do anything crazy, I won't." I hissed coldly as we walked into the lift.

"Do you miss your mom?" He asked.

"Can you not bring that topic up? I don't like it when a stanger talks about my mom." I said as I looked at the numbers going down. Ares turned silent and took out my phone to order and uber. We walked out from the lift and waited for the uber to come.

"You never consider other people's feeling huh?" Ares suddenly start to talk and I looked up to him.

"Yes and this is what you get for trying to be friends with me. I'm not like ordinary girl, Ares, if you're hoping to find a cute and kind friend to talk to.. find someone else." I said to him coldly and glared at him.

"If you think acting like this will make your life better then you're wrong. I know and understand that lost when someone that we love passed away but acting like this won't solve it or bring them back, Rosie." He bursted out.

"I know that you won't do crazy things or maybe take your own life but.. you need someone beside you, you need someone to lean on, you need someone that you can cry and let your heart out." That hit on my soft spot and I took a really deep breath.

"One honest question a day right? Have you ever want to be the ordinary Rosie again? Have a life.. a boyfriend.. a husband.. kids and be happy like everyone else?" He asked and I looked away trying hold back my emotion.

"There's no such thing as happy ending. It's a fairytale. You bragged about how the novel that you showed me yesterday was so good that it changed a lot of people.. it's a fairytale, Ares. It's not real and it will always been that way." I said angrily.

"You have to move on, Rosie. Moving on is not easy but.. you can get over it and start a new page in your life. It's not easy but it will be worth it." He said and I know that because my dad and my brother said it all the time.

"God already cursed me to be like this. He took away my mom and my happiness with her. Just let me live that way, Ares. You will waste your time trying to change me." I said and suddenly my phone rang.

"Hello." I answered.

"I'm here, miss. The black car in front of the lobby." My uber driver said.

"Okay." I ended the call and walked out the lobby with Ares following me. I opened the door and greeted the driver. Ares got inside and he became so silent after that.