Chapter 20 - Beautiful Heart

Roseanne West

I looked at myself at the mirror and my eyes are bloated. It really hurts a lot. I walked out from my room after taking a shower. I looked around to find Ares but he's nowhere to be found. Did he go already?

I walked towards the living room planning to clean up the pizza box and Ares was still there. He's sleeping by laying his body on the sofa that's why I couldn't see him. I sat on the sofa next to it and looked at him.

He's really trying his best to change me and help me but I kept pushing him away. I know I always act like a bitch in front of him when he's just so kind and thoughtful. I didn't expect to see him today and some part of me was so glad because I want him to know what I'm struggling with so I don't have to explain.

"Why are you so stubborn and still want to hangout with me?" I said whispering and then I decided to bring my laptop to the living room. I put it on the table and I sat on the ground with Ares sleeping beside me. I started to write my new story.

I kept writing and writing until I noticed that Ares keep moving in his sleep. My eyes landed on his feet and I quickly got up to take a blanket. I put the blanket on too of him and sat back on the ground continue to write.

After a couple of hours writing, my eyes landed on my books on the shelf. I got up and walked towards it.

Isn't it weird? I'm a romance book writer yet I don't believe in love.

I brought all my books to the table and opened my first book. I have a photo of me and my mom there and I looked at it smiling. I miss her so much.

I put the photo aside and my eyes landed on Ares. He's changing his position and his right arm currently floating and it doesn't look comfortable. I got up and slowly put his arm beside his body. He grabbed my hand and that scared me.

He eventually let me go and I sat back on my previous position. I kept writing and writing until I fell asleep there.

"Wakey wakey." I opened my eyes slowly and found myself sleeping on my bed. I turned to see Carrie opening the curtains for me.

"Wake up.. I brought you breakfast, let's eat!" She said and I nodded. I rubbed my eyes and slowly walked out from my room.

"Did Ares-" Before I can finish my sentence, I saw Ares sitting on the dining table eating.

"Ares' still here." Carrie answered and I walked towards the dining table and sat right in front of Ares. Carrie put a plate full of eggs and bacon. She gave me my favorite cheese bread too on the side.

"Did you carry me to my bed?" I asked Ares.

"You were sleeping on the floor and please don't give me lecture how you hate when people carry you when you're sleeping and how rude I am to-"

"Thanks." I cut him and he looked at me speechless.

"I am a bitch but sometimes I have a heart." I said and he continued to eat.

"So.. what's your plan for today? The both of you." Carrie asked.

"I'm staying at home." I answered her.

"I'm going to work." Ares answered.

"Rosie, how about you go shopping with me and then we can go to the spa together?" Carrie said smiling to me and I shook my head.

"I have a lot of things to do.." I said as I cursed about my eyes inside my heart.

"You and I going to have dinner tonight." Ares said and I turned to him glaring.

"No. I'm already sick seeing you in 2 days." I hissed coldly.

"Roseanne." Carrie warned.

"I'll pick you up at 7 and dress nicely." He said as he finished his food. He got up and do his own dishes. I turned to Carrie and she gave me a teasing look. I rolled my eyes at her and started to eat.

"I'll see you tonight and thanks for the breakfast, Carrie." Ares said.

"You're welcome." Carrie said and Ares walked out from my apartment.

"He's just the sweetest." Carrie squealed as she sat in front of me.

"He's the worst."

"Oh come on, he's a really nice guy. It's okay to let your guard down on him." Carrie said and I shook my head.

"Don't start, Carrie." I looked at her coldly.

"Do you have any dress for tonight?"

"I have."

"You have to show your sexy curves, Rosie. Have fun a little bit.. maybe you can get laid tonight." She smirked.

"You're acting just like my brother."

"I mean.. I'm his wife." She said as she put her hand on her chest smirking.

"You know.. Ares is a really good.. guy. Have you ever-"

"No."

"I'm not finish talking." She pouted.

"But I know what you're going to say, Carrie." I said as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"He's not bad and besides he wants to be your friend. He's single and you're single."

"No." I hissed coldly.

"Fine." She looked at me bored.

"Let me ask you something.. Do you really.. don't feel bad for Ares? He's done so many things for you and all you do was pushing him away and be mean to him. I know you don't want to be attach to him or maybe want him to know your life but this is too much. He's done things that no one does. Can you at least be nice to him once in a while?"

"No." I answered and she looked at the clock.

"I have to go.. I'll see you tomorrow and please wear something nice tonight." She begged and I gestured her to go. She walked towards the door but before she goes out.

"Rosie." She called me.

"What?"

"I know you still have a heart deep inside there. Stop hiding it from the world because you have a really beautiful heart to begin with." She said and left.