Chapter 36 - Surprise

Roseanne West

About Ares' birthday, actually his mom texted me. She asked me if I can help her surprise his son. I was surprised that his birthday was tomorrow so I asked my assistant to help my buy a cake. She already put it in my fridge and all I have to do now is go down to my apartment.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm forgot about something and I have to go to my apartment." I said as I slipped away from his arms. He'a currently watching the game of thrones that I have no clue what is it about.

"Rosie.. you're not going down like that!" He stopped me and I realized that I only wore his t-shirt and my underwear. He got up and walked to his closet. He threw me his hoodie and sweat pants. I put it all on and walked out from his room. I quickly walked out from his apartment and went down to my apartment.

I walked into my apartment and quickly took out the cake. I ran back out and pressed the lift button. As the lift goes up, I tried to take out the cake. I put the cake on the box and carried it out from the lift. I turned on the candles and pressed the door bell.

I waited for Ares to come and my heartbeat raised up. I was so nervous and this is my first time surprising someone. He did a lot of things for me and this is the least I can do.

"You're fas-" His eyes widen when he saw me with a cake. He opened the door wide enough for me to enter and I started to sing happy birthday to him. He smiled widely as he clapped his hands.

"Happy birthday, Ares. Make a wish and blow out the candles." I said and he closed his eyes. After awhile, he opened his eyes again and blew out the candles.

"When did you get this?" He asked as I walked towards the kitchen.

"Secret." I said and I took out the knife from the drawer giving it to him so he can cut the cake.

"Thankyou." He kissed the top of my head and I nodded. He cut the cake and took out 2 small plates for us to eat. I sat on the the table and took Ares' hand. I pulled him towards me and crashed my lips to his.

"Happy birthday." I said and he smiled widely. He leaned towards me again but I quickly took a small amount of whipped cream from the cake and smudged it on his face.

"Hey!" He protested and I chuckled. I cupped his face and ate the whipped cream on his cheek.

"Thanks babe.." He said once again and he gave me a big piece of cake.

"This is so good." I said as my mouth full of cake. We ate the cake and put the left overs into the fridge. We walked back to his room and he continued to watch his game of thrones. I sat beside him tryig to figure out what to buy for his birthday present.

Usually it's always about me but not about him. I sat up straight and turned to him. I took off the hoodie because it's hot and poked his arm.

"Is everything okay?" He asked me as he paused the movie.

"Uhmm.. tell me about yourself." I said and he turned to me not understanding.

"Tell me about yourself. What you like.. what you don't like." I said and he chuckled.

"What is it for?"

"I mean.. all this time you're trying to get to know me but I never cared about you so.. I'm trying to know you." I said and he turned off the TV. He sat up straight like me and smiled.

"What do you want to know?"

"Let's start from the basic.. question. What is your favorite food?" I asked.

"Hmm.. mine is pizza and japanese ramen."

"Your favorite drink?"

"Coca cola and maybe lemonade."

"Uhmmm what else? Your favorite brand?"

"Not a fan of specific brand, if I see what I like.. then I'll buy it." He said and I nodded as I'm writting it down.

"Favorite uhmm car?"

"A car that is normal."

"What?! You're weirdo." I said chuckling.

"Next.. what do you want now?" I asked and I'm ready to write it down on my phone.

"Are you trying to get me a birthday present?" He asked and I looked up to him.

"Rewind to 10 seconds ago.. pretend that you didn't ask that." I said and he laughed.

"What do you want now?" I asked again and he kept on laughing. I looked at him annoyed and smacked his arm.

"Answer the question!!" I hissed and he chuckled.

"I want you baby." He looked at me winking and I looked at him ready to smack him with a pillow.

"Answer the question or I'm sleeping downstairs!"

"Fine fine.. I want to spend a day with you."

"A thing.. thing." I said and he pouted.

"It's my birthday, why are you being so.. mad and mean?" He asked and I sighed. I was going to smack him but he immediately grabbed my hands.

"I seriously don't need anything." He said.

"Fine.. if that's what you want." I said.

"Really? That's it?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Okay." He said in sad tone. He sat back again and turned on the TV. I took off the sweat pants and threw it to the ground. I sat beside him and tried to poke him but he's ignoring me.

"Ares." I called.

"Talk to the wall."

"Okay then.." I said and I took his hand but he's still ignoring me. I put his hand on my thigh slowly going up. I felt his hand tensed and I know I'm winning this battle. Try to ignore me, Ares Collin.. you'll never win.

"Still not working? I'll just go back to my apar-" Before I can finish my sentence, Ares trapped me with his body. He looked at me dangerously and I smirked.

"Can't believe you're a naughty girl, Roseanne."