Chapter 38 - I am

Ares Collin

I was speechless when I saw Rosie, I can't even say a word. She's wearing a short tight black dress that reveals her back. I can't even.. say anything about it. I love it when it's for my eyes only but the idea of her having a dinner with me in a restaurant with her dressing like that.. will make me go crazy.

She looks so beautiful that it hypnotized me right away. I'm out of words and frustrated at the same time. We're going to the place where I took her on a cozy dinner last time. She said she already booked a table. She insisted that I give the car to the valet chauffer because she said looking for a parking lot will be another 15 minutes. She dragged me inside and we got into the lift.

I leaned my head slowly to her wanting a kiss and she only gave me a kiss on a cheek.

"You're so mean.. today is my birthday.. you should give me whatever I want." I said and she chuckled but still not giving me what I wanted. She took my hand as soon as the lift door opens. She told the staff her name and the staff led us inside.

My jaw dropped when I saw my parents and Rosie's dad. They're all sitting in a rounded table with a cake in the middle. They started to sing happy birthday song for me as my dad lit up the candles. I turned to Rosie completely touched.

"Thankyou." I said and she nodded smiling.

"Now.. make a wish and blow the candle." My mom said. I closed my eyes and made the same wish that I asked when Rosie surprised me. I opened my eyes again and blew out all the candles. Rosie's dad, Thomas, hugged me and then my parents hugged me.

"Thanks babe." I gave Rosie a kiss on her cheek.

"Wait? Am I missing something?" Thomas asked.

"We're dating." Rosie said and her dad looked at her disbelief.

"Since when?"

"Not long ago." Rosie answered and her dad smiled.

"I'm so happy for you!" Thomas hugged her daughter and then he hugged me again.

"Thankyou, Ares." He said and I smiled nodding. We ate dinner and we talked a lot. My parents love Rosie and I'm glad to see that. After we ate dinner, Thomas excused himself because he has to go somewhere. Rosie sent her dad out leaving me with my parents.

"She's amazing." My mom said and I nodded.

"She is.."

"I'm glad that she opened up and I'm so proud of you, Ares." My dad said and I nodded.

"I wish, Abe, is here.. I bet he'll love Rosie too." I sighed and my mom hugged me.

"He misses you too and I know he's congratulating you from up there." My mom said even though she's choking a little bit.

"Thanks mom. You guys can dance at the dance floor." I said and they nodded. My dad asked for my mom's hand and they walked to the dance floor together.

"My dad's already gone." I turned to Rosie.

"Do you want to dance?" I asked as I put my hand out in front of her.

"Before that.. I have a present for you." She said and I'm a little nervous and excited. She took out a small box from her bag and gave it to me.

"Open it." She said and I opened the box slowly and it's a necklace. It's thin and long which the kind of necklace that I like. Not only that.. it has my initial on it.

"A.C for air conditioner." She said joking and I laughed. I patted her head and kissed her cheek.

"Thankyou baby.." I said as I tried to wear it myself. She took the necklace for me and put it on me.

"I love it." I said as I leaned my head wanting to kiss her. She gave me a peck on my lips and I smiled widely. She took my hand and led me to the dance floor. We started to dance slowly and we both can't stop looking at each other.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Is there something in my teeth?" She asked and I chuckled shaking my head.

"Nothing.. it's just you're so beautiful."

"Happy birthday again, big boy. Stop being annoying and clingy." She said as she poked my chest.

"You'll miss me when I'm going to Seattle next week." I smirked and she rolled her eyes.

"Isn't it the other way around?"

"Right." I said and we both chuckled. She leaned her head to my chest and I kissed the top of her head.

"You know.. I saw a lot of men looking at you."

"I don't care." She said as I looked up to me.

"Do you want to go to the balcony?" She asked suddenly and I nodded. We walked towards the balcony feeling the breeze hitting our skin. I gave her a backhug and kissed her bareback.

"I'm fine.." She said as she took my hand making me face her. She caressed my cheek and smiled as she closed the gap between us. She cupped my face and kissed me. She kissed me slowly and then she gave me a hug. I never received a hug from her before, it was always me who make a move towards her.

I hugged her back tightly and I never wanted anything in my life than this. I felt warmth, comfort and complete. It's like I don't need anything anymore.

"You're staying with me again tonight."

"Again?" She asked.

"You need to cuddle me to sleep."

"You're clingy."

"I am."