003: Friendship

-
"Thanks for the meal." Mikasa said as she placed her glass cup down. Eren nodded as he finished his last bite of his meal.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Eren said. He opened his jacket that he was wearing and took out a small pocket journal from an inside pocket. Mikasa immediately recognized it... for it was 'my journal!'

She quickly grabbed it from his hands and put it in her purse. "Where did you get this?" Mikasa defensively asked, a sharp tone in her voice. He lifted his hands up, as if he was surrendering to something.

"Whoa. No need to get hostile, you just left it in the storage room and I saw your name inside it." He admitted.

"Did you read it?" Mikasa retorted. Eren shook his head.

"Nope. I just saw your name and closed it so that I didn't intrude." He said.

Eren then put his arms down and grabbed a pen that sat with the bill that sat on the table. Eren paid for the bill and at that moment, Mikasa stood up.

"This 'date', or whatever, is over." She said. Mikasa turned around and walked out of restaurant and called Petra to pick her up. And then his voice called out to her.

"Mikasa? Are you okay? I didn't mean to hurt you by having your journal." He said.

"No, I'm just sensitive about what's inside." Mikasa stayed.

'I can't have him know about how much I really don't like my job. If he finds out and posts it, then that could ruin my whole career. Then, no doubt about it, my dad will fly over here and force me to go back to Japan with him.' Mikasa's train of thought rushed through her mind.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I should've known." He looked down. Mikasa could tell that he was regretting this "date" of theirs through his expression. Noticing that filled Mikasa with guilt, so she slowly approached him and put her hand on his shoulder.

"Hey. Don't sweat it. I'm sorry, I was a little impulsive with my actions." She said. Eren looked at Mikasa smiled and that's when she noticed something about him.

His smile... comforted her.

"Right. Sorry." Eren said. Mikasa snorted a little leading him to look at her in confusion. His expression was asking the question "what's so funny?"

"Sorry. It's just... I'm apologizing to you as you're apologizing to me." Mikasa chuckled. Eren smiled again, noticing that Mikasa was back in high spirits again.

"Yeah." He laughed a bit.

"Anyway, why don't we just forgot about this stupid journal incident. It's stupid anyway." Mikasa suggested. He nodded.

"Sure thing." Eren said.

"So, do you want to still hang out today? I'm free." Mikasa stated, reminding him about her availability.

"Why not? Want to go to the mall?" Eren asked me.
"Sure."

So then they headed out for the mall.

Mikasa mainly tried on some swimsuits, since summer was coming soon, but she stoll got a few clothes as well. Eren got both casual and formal clothing. Eren stated that his formal attire was for his friend's arrival from traveling.

Eren's friend was a journalist, so his friend traveled a lot. His name was Armin Arlert, and they've been best friends since junior high. However, Mikasa could not remember Armin's name for the life of her.

"So, anything about you that I should know about?" Eren asked me.

"Well, I have one best friend and one dog. My best friend's name is Annie Leonhardt and at first, we did not like each other. We thought of each other as competitive rivals, but then one day we just became friends. She convinced me into getting a dog, so I did, and her name is Miele." Mikasa admitted, answering his question.

"I've always wanted a dog." Eren sighed. Mikasa looked at him.

"Then why don't you get one?" She asked.

"I don't have enough money." He said. "Even if I afforded one, I wouldn't be able to take care of it." He admitted.

"Well, if you did get a dog, what type would you get?" Mikasa asked.

"A pitbull. No doubt about it. Either that, or a German Shepard." Eren proudly claimed.

"Wow, you seem to know what you want." Mikasa smirked.

Eren laughed towards Mikasa. "Never thought I'd ever hear that statement. I'm actually really indecisive." He chuckled. Mikasa smiled with him.

"Aren't we all?"

The two adults left the mall not too soon after that and both saw Petra's car in the parking lot. The ginger who owned the car stood in front of the mall doors, as if she was waiting for someone, and she looked impatient.

"You called?" Petra asked, an irritated taste to her tone.

Mikasa thought back to when she called Petra when she left the restaurant, only to realize that Petra was most likely looking for her all day.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Petra." Mikas apologized immediately. Then she thought of something. "Wait. How did you find me?" Mikasa asked.

Petra showed the noirette female the tracker that she had on her phone, and it cleared everything up.

"Mikasa-san, next time you call, make sure that you're ready to be picked up." Petra said. Mikasa blushed at the way Petra stated her name in public.

Petra was slightly Japanese, so she referred to Mikasa as Mikasa-san since Mikasa is Japanese as well. Although she allow it, Mikasa get awfully embarrassed whenever Petra calls Mikasa that in public.

"Mikasa-san, huh? So should I call you Mikasa-chan?" Eren teased. Mikasa flushed bright red and immediately shushed him.

"Shh!" She exclaimed as she turned to face him.

"Do you still need the ride?" Petra asked, impatiently. Mikasa nodded and quickly faced Petra before turning back to Eren.

"Uhh, today was great Eren. See you later?" Mikasa asked. Eren nodded and smiled.

"I have a proposal to make before you go." Eren said.

"What?" Mikasa inquired.

"Want to be friends?" Eren asked.

"Oh, sure. Why not?" Mikasa smiled. "Alright, I'll be leaving then." She proclaimed as she followed Petra. Mikasa waved goodbye before running to catch up with Petra as they went to Petra's car.

Mikasa sat in the passenger seat with Petra as she finally drove Mikasa back home. During the car ride Mikasa's mind kept traveling to one thought about Eren.
.
.
.
.
.
"I hope this friendship goes on forever." She muttered to herself.