036: Ideas

A/N: Okay, quick little author's note at the beginning here, but I know that I usually publish 2 chapters on the weekend, but this week I want to post 3. It's so that next week, the next two chapters will be able to line up with each other and make sense. If you don't understand, that's okay. You'll understand next weekend.

For now, just enjoy this extra chapter 😉

Mikasa awoke to the sound of her bedroom door slamming open, making her abruptly sit up. She looked over to the opened doorway, her eyes adjusting to the light before she finally deciphered who the figure was.

Levi.

Mikasa groaned, laying back down as she pulled the covers over her body. "Go away, Levi, I'm sleeping." She said groggily.

Levi ignored her, walking over to open the blinds. Light poured in, making Mikasa squint her eyes and hide under her covers. Levi grabbed her blanket and tore it off Mikasa, exposing her in her nightgown.

Groaning annoyedly, Mikasa opened her eyes and looked at Levi who stood upon her. "What?" She spat out like venom, wanting to go back to sleep.

"I have a bone to pick with you." Levi said.

Mikasa rolled her eyes, sitting up as she rubbed her eyes and smacked her lips. "What is it?" She asked.

"Do you live under a rock?" Levi ask.

Mikasa scoffed. "Get to the point, Levi. I'm tired!" She cried.

"Oh, tired?! You're gonna be feeling much emotions more once you see this!" He said. He fished his phone out from his pocket, then showed her what was on his screen.

Mikasa squinted her eyes, grabbing the phone from Levi to bring it closer to her face. It was an article online, and Mikasa read the headline: MIKASA ACKERMAN QUITS ACTING?!

Mikasa felt her heart sink.

'Was someone paying attention to Annie and I yesterday?'

She looked to Levi who scorned at her. "Why don't you ever know how to be discreet?" He sighed, shaking his head.

"I-I was!" She cried.

Levi rolled his eyes, snatching his phone from Mikasa. "Obviously, you weren't." He said, scrolling slowly until he reached a video. He played it, then showed it to Mikasa.
-
*The Video*

"Hey, An? Uhh... I think I'm gonna quit." Said Mikasa.

Annie rose a brow. "Quit what?" Asked Annie.

Mikasa inhaled slowly. "Acting." Replied Mikasa.

Annie gawked at Mikasa, and she let out a perplexed "What?!"

"Y-Yeah." Mikasa breathed. "I'm not gonna be an actress anymore.
-

When the video ended, Levi stared at Mikasa with a raised brow. "So?" He asked.

Mikasa looked up at him, taking a moment to recollect herself before responding. "So what?"

Levi scoffed at her reply. "How are you gonna fix this?" He asked.

Mikasa bit her lip, her gaze lowering to the floor. "I..." Her voice trailed off. "Levi, can you please give me—"

"I can't give you anymore time, Mikasa. You're an adult now, and life is gonna move on with or without you. I want you to give me an idea by the end of the day of how you want to fix this, but if I don't get anything then you're on your own." He said, putting his phone back in his pocket.