022: Forbidden

"Okay, here we go." Eren managed to say through a strained voice. He placed Mikasa down on the couch under her before quickly collapsing beside her.

Her dog, Miele, ran up to Mikasa and quickly plopped itself down by Mikasa's feet.

Eren had to carry her up the steps on his back, since she suddenly became extremely drunk in his car to the point where she passed out.

Eren let out a breathe of relieved air before looking over to the unconscious Mikasa beside him.

He looked at her, dazed by her beauty.

'She's even cute when she's asleep.' He smiled.

Eren shook his head, dragging himself away from his own thoughts.

She's going to be a married woman in not too long.
She's going to be in a relationship without him.
He needs to abandon these feelings.
He needs to find someone else.

Mikasa stirred from her sleep, her eyes slowly opening as she groaned.

Eren looked at her expectantly, seeing her rub the sleep from her eyes.

"Get me a bucket!" Mikasa suddenly exclaimed, her posture sitting up straight as she stiffened and her eyes shot open.

Eren stood up frantically, knowing exactly what was coming.

"Where?!" He asked.

Mikasa pressed a hand to her mouth, suppressing her vomit as she pointed to a cabinet beneath her sink.

Eren rushed over and took out an empty, blue pail before running back to Mikasa.

He placed the bucket over her face as she opened her mouth, emptying all of her stomach's contents into the aforementioned pail.

Eren rubbed her back soothingly as he held her long hair back, letting her do what she needed to do.

She let out a wince after she finished, breathing heavily as her body trembled.

"You okay?" Eren asked her, his tone soft.

Mikasa froze, waiting for her nausea to subside before quickly nodding.

"Want me to get you anything? Water? Tea?" Eren asked.

"Water please." Mikasa answered through a hoarse tone.

Eren nodded, slowly standing up before his eyes trailed back to her figure.

She was pale, her body trembled as her hair stuck to the sweat on her neck. Eren didn't want to, but he forced his feet to move and went to the kitchen.

He took out a cup, putting some water in it before shuffling back to Mikasa.

When he came back to the couch he could see Mikasa seeking comfort through her dog as she cradled Miele in her arm.

Eren handed Mikasa to the water and she drank it almost instantly, sighing after she had done so. She looked up at Eren after the fact with a weak smile as her body stopped shaking.

"Thank you." She breathily said, placing her dog down by her feet.

Eren nodded, sitting back down beside as he placed a hand on her back. "Are you sure that you're okay?" Eren asked again. "Do you want tea?" Eren asked.

Before Mikasa could respond, the sound of the front door unlocking filled her with panic.

Eren looked over to the door, hearing the noise as well.