023: 10:59 pm

Mikasa collapsed into bed, feeling this yearning feeling sprout in her stomach. She sighed, her eyes glancing to the calendar by her bedside.

February 10th

Not only has it been a whole week without seeing Eren, but it's also her birthday.

The day she got adopted in the family she's with now.

Mikasa ran her fingers along her bedsheets, feeling the soft linen between her fingers in the process. Her mother was thankfully asleep, and it's currently 10:59pm.

Only an hour until this wretched day is over.

Mikasa sighed again, her eyes trailing to her phone. She went through her missed callings, seeing multiple from Eren that had a canceled signal below his name along with a word.

Blocked.

Mikasa felt her heart sink.

She wanted to unblock him.

She sat up from her bed at that moment before she stood up and looked at her closet full of clothing.

She needs to see him.

Mikasa slipped on some black tights, then a white shirt with a grey sweater over it. She put some sneakers on before leaving her room to see the entire condo empty and dark.

She walked forward quietly, careful not to make any sounds as she crept past her mother's room and her dog.

When she successfully made it past the two, she left her condo and let out a sigh. She looked around before walking downstairs as she left the building.

When she made it outside, she looked around to see only a few cars on the street and nobody walking.

Feeling the cool breeze through her hair as she walked, Mikasa let a smile overtake her lips.

How long has it been since she could be able to walk outside without a disguise on?

Mikasa didn't feel the need to wear a disguise because of how late it was. It was dark, so nobody would see her anyway.

Mikasa looked up to the sky, continuing to walk along the sidewalk. Multiple starts were dusted across the sky, the moon was shining bright directly above her, and the beautiful dark blue hue gave her a comforting feeling.

Tonight was perfect.

Mikasa looked back ahead of her, seeing no distractions occurring. The streets were nearly empty and there weren't any people littering the sidewalk. Her smile became impossibly bigger as she dug her hands into the pocket of her sweater.

"Tonight really is perfect." She muttered.
-

Eren sat on his couch, watching the tv without paying attention to anything really.

The living room was dark, and there was a bunch of dirty dishes in the sink. He let out a hiccup as he picked up the tv remote and switched through channels aimlessly.

The taste of alcohol lingered in his mouth.

He let out a groan, his eyes slowly shifting to look at the clock on the wall to see the time.

11:48

He let out a sigh as he sat forward, hunching his back over as he placed his elbows on his knees and ran his fingers through his hair.

He felt frustrated and disheveled. It's only been a week without seeing Mikasa, so why did he feel so depressed?

He let his lips lower into a frown, letting out another hiccup.