033: Officially Dating

Mikasa and Eren were spending much more time together. Eren would often visit Mikasa, and sometimes he'd fall asleep at her place.

And today was one of those days.

It didn't take long for Mikasa to hear the sound of Eren snoring fill her ears, telling her about his current unconscious state.

It's also been a week since Annie told Mikasa her news, and now it was annoyingly occupying Mikasa's mind. All she wanted to know was if her relationship would advance that far would Eren, or if this was going to end within the next few minutes.

Mikasa shook her thoughts away.

'There's no time for this,' she thought.

She slowly slid out of bed, making little to no noise as she crept over to the door to her bedroom. When she exited, she sighed and then walked to the laptop on her couch.

She stared at her laptop, then at her dog who slept soundly by the device.

She needed to do this.

She opened the device, watching as the screen lit up upon being turned on. When she typed her password and signed into her laptop she gulped, suddenly feeling her heart hammer.

She switched to a website, then signed in.

She let out a shaky breath, staring at the website upon her. She typed a username up on the search bar, clicked on the only result, then texted them something.

Then, she sent the message; $1 MILLION DOLLARS, SENT.

She instantly got a reply back but paused before reading the response: pleasure doing business with you.

She immediately shut her laptop, being rather loud as she shook her head and hugged herself. She was free, yet why did she still feel so scared?

'It's alright Mika, you're free! You're not bound by the chains your mother set upon you, nor are you being forced to get married. You're free. I'm free. I can do this.' She thought to herself.

When Mikasa heard footsteps behind her she ultimately froze.

'Is it... Eren?'

"Mika... why are you awake? It's three in the morning." Said a tired Eren beside Mikasa. He rubbed his eyes and smacked his lips as his eyes focused at the girl sitting down.

Mikasa bit her lip, avoiding eye contact with her response that hadn't yet been stated.

Eren's eyes trailed to her laptop as he rose a questioning brow. "Mika, is something wrong?"

Mikasa shook her head. "No." She said quickly.

But Eren didn't believe her. He sat down beside the girl, placing a hand on her shoulder as his expression softened. "Why are you so stiff?" He asked, feeling her tense shoulders underneath his hand.

Mikasa shook her head again. "I-I'm not."

Eren sighed. "Mika, you can tell me anything." He insisted.

Mikas paused, swallowing hard before she finally turned to Eren. "I did it."

Eren rose a brow. "Did what?"

"I payed Jean. I'm free. I don't have to go through the arranged marriage anymore." Mikasa said to Eren, although it sounded more as if she was trying to convince herself of something, rather than relay a message to the brunet.

Eren smiled, "that's great!" He cheered. However, when he saw the lack of enthusiasm that Mikasa held, his smile faded. "So, why are you so upset?"