018: Newfound Love

Historia knocked on the door that led to Mikasa's apartment, a warm smile planted on her face. When the door swung open, Historia's eyes were immediately met with an older woman with black hair in a bun.

The older woman had perfect posture, and her expression was stony-faced.

"How can I help you?" The older woman asked, a distant tone in her voice. A shudder ran up Historia's spine before she quickly brushed it off with a smile.

"Uh, is Mikasa Ackerman here?" Historia asked. The lady squinted her eyes, shifting her weight to one leg as she crossed her arms.

"Who's asking?"

"Um, a friend of Eren Jeager's." Historia said with an awkward chuckle, as if her laugh would somehow calm her nerves.

"Never heard of him." The woman said, preparing to shut the door.

"W-wait!" Historia called out, catching the woman's attention.

"What?"

"Uh..."

"If you have nothing of importance to say, I'm going to close the door."

"No, I do!"

"What is it?"

"Eren Jeager has requested to see Mikasa, t-tomorrow." Historia desperately said.

"She's busy tomorrow." The woman said.

"She is?"

"Yes, now goodbye."

"Wait a second!" Historia said again as she saw the door begin to close on her face.

"What?!" The lady nearly yelled back through grit teeth, her brows furrowed and her nose crinkled.

Historia drew in a shaky breath, hesitant to continue. But it was for Eren, the one who helped her get rid of a stalker, and she owes him.

"Busy doing wh-what e-exactly?"

The lady squinted her eyes until a smile tugged at her lips.

A smile from seeing Historia's fear.

"She's busy preparing for an arranged marriage. She's to go meet the man tomorrow." The lady said.

Historia's breath hitched in her throat. Her eyes widened in shock as she rose both her brows.

"O-oh." Historia breathed out.

"Goodbye now." The lady said, finally getting a chance to close the door.

Historia felt as if a wave of relief rolled over her, as well as a feeling of worry overtake her. Her posture relaxed as she let out a long breath before leaning back on the wall behind her.

She pressed her lips together in thought, worry written all over her face.

'How will I tell Eren this?'
-

"How will you tell Eren this?" Annie asked her friend as Mikasa looked through the dresses on display. Mikasa shrugged.

"What else is there to tell him?" Mikasa asked. She tried to keep a calm demeanor, but she was slowly failing.

"Miki, this is your first time being in love. You can't just toss that away without getting the full story." Annie started, sighing.

Mikasa looked down until she quickly snapped her head back and continued to look for dresses.

"He has a girlfriend, An." Mikasa retorted back.

"Mikasa, I know what miscommunication is when I see it. You need to talk to him before this arranged marriage already happens."

"No!" Mikasa quickly retorted back. "He has a girlfriend, and I already consented to this marriage. It's too late Annie." Mikasa said.

Annie looked down and let out a sigh, but decided not to press the matter. Instead she just decided to help Mikasa pick out a dress for tomorrow.

"Whatever you say, Miki." Annie muttered.
-

Eren's heart sank in his chest as he read the text message on his phone. He furrowed his brows, feeling a pit form in his stomach.

"I-it can't be true. Marriage?" He scoffed. "Th-that's a bit hasty."

Armin looked over to his friend and saw the distraught expression on his face.

"Eren, what's up?" He asked. Eren gulped before he responded.

"Mikasa's getting married." Eren said. Armin nearly stomped on the brakes of his car in shock.

"What?!" Armin cried.

"It's an arrange marriage. Historia just texted me." Eren stated, his voice cracking at the end of his statement. Armin wore a worried expression then.

"Eren, are you okay?" Armin asked.

Eren let out a chuckle.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He stated as if he were trying to convince himself that there was nothing to be worried about. However, his actions weren't fooling anyone.

"I've never seen you hold so much zeal for one person before. Are you sure that you just want to let her go, just like that?" Armin asked.

"Armin, what can I do? I can't object, I barely even have a say in the matter." Eren protested.

Eren let out a sigh as he closed his eyes.

"Never mind." Eren stated as he rested his hand on the palm of his hand.

Just as Armin prepared to speak, he froze. He wasn't experienced in relationships like this. All of this was new territory to him.

Before an awkward silence could engulf the two, Eren spoke up.

"We can go to her house." Eren muttered.

"What?" Armin asked as he looked at his friend before his eyes trailed back to the road, looking out for cars and pedestrians.

"You said that you wanted to that one girl's house, right?" Eren asked. Armin hesitantly nodded.

"Then let's go. You can stop by there before you take me home." Eren said. Armin rose a brow at his friend's statement.

"Are you sure? You don't want to go straight home?" Armin asked. Eren shrugged.

"It doesn't matter anymore. It's not like I have anything to do anyways." Eren stated. Armin sighed, but turned on his turn signal and turned right into a different road.

"Okay, man."
-

   Eren's eyes were glued to his phone as his friend rang the doorbell to the house that they were at. It looked to be a one story house that looked welcoming just from the outside.

The door swung open, but Eren's attention preoccupied by his phone, so he didn't notice anything.

He didn't notice that the girl at the door was Mikasa's best friend.

He didn't notice that Armin had already started walking into the house.

He didn't even notice that Mikasa was sitting on the couch in the living room of the house.

As Eren stepped into the house and removed his shoes, his emerald eyes were then met with Mikasa's.

   Eren couldn't even begin to depict how amazing her ebony hair looked. How the ceiling light was flawless as it drew out the radiance in her hair. Her silver irises looked as if they had a certain shimmer to them, making them look more admirable than they as of now were whenever they caught light of something. The light in the room was immaculately perfect with the way it made her porcelain-hued skin look as if it were shining, similar as to how the moonlight does on water. Her excellent beauty was only multiplied as the shading on her skin abandoned its usual pale coloring as a flushed expression crawled onto her face, making a blush sprout on her cheeks.

Eren gazed at her, dazed by her graceful beauty, when suddenly his eyes trailed down to her delicate lips.

'God, the things I would give to kiss those again.'

When a blushes exposed itself on Eren's own face, it was at that moment that he discovered something.
.
.
.
.
.
'I'm in love with this girl.'