015: The Pool

Mikasa stepped out of Eren's car and admired the apartment building. She followed Eren inside the building and up the stairs before they reached the floor that he lived on.

Eren opened the front door and stepped inside, Mikasa following, and walked into the living room.

"This isn't really the best place, but make yourself at home. I'll only be 10 minutes." Eren said. Mikasa nodded, her mind too preoccupied as she admired the apartment.

It was clean and the furniture went with the wooden flooring and white walls. The kitchen sink was empty and dishes were on racks to dry, the whole area just an overall clean place.

"No, no. Take your time." Mikasa stated as she sat down. Eren left and Mikasa got her phone out.

She searched through her apps and scrolled through her feeds as it was a necessary thing, being a celebrity and all.

Mikasa, after a while, shut her phone off. She brought her hand to her forehead as a wave of nausea swept over her.

She stood up and dragged herself to the room where Eren was in and opened the door to view Eren. Mikasa swallowed hard before speaking.

"Umm... where is your bathroom?" Mikasa asked, suppressing the urge to vomit.

"Down the hall, the first door on your—" before Eren finished his statement, he saw Mikasa's state and stopped.

She looked completely different from before. All color had been drained from her face, even the red tinted that had stained her cheeks from her being drunk was gone.

"Whoa, are you alright?" Eren asked, approaching Mikasa. Mikasa leaned against the door frame and used it as support, struggling to keep her body up.

The noirette inhaled sharply before answering. "Y-Yeah. I just need to splash some water on my face." Mikasa replied.

"Alright, if you say so." Eren said, reluctantly believing her statement.

"Well, as I was saying, it's the first door on your left down the hall." Eren said, pointing to a white door that lead to what Mikasa presumed to be the restroom.

"Okay, thank you." Mikasa said before pushing herself off the door frame as she stumbled to the door.

Mikasa pushed the door open before walking inside and shutting the door behind her, locking it.

She viewed her discombobulated reflection and saw just how pale she had gotten. Feeling something rising up in her throat, Mikasa swallowed hard.

Despite not even have thrown up, the aftertaste of vomit lingered on Mikasa's tongue.

Mikasa shook her head before turning on the tap water and splashing the liquid onto her face, letting the moisture sink into her dry skin. She sighed before turning off the tap water.

After staring at her reflection for another excessively long period of time, Mikasa heard the doorbell ring, followed by the front door opening.

Mikasa left the restroom and peeked out from behind the corner that separated her from the front door.

The girl who stood at the door had blonde hair and blue eyes, but judging by the way she was dressed, she wasn't Annie by a long shot.

The girl wore a white sundress and peach colored sandals. Her outfit just screamed the word "girly-girl", making it obvious that it wasn't Annie.

"Oh, Historia. It's uhh... been a while." Eren said, a nervous tone in his voice.

"Yeah. I just wanted to give you these as a thank for going out on that date with me." The girl, emphasizing the word date.