028: Lust and Passion

"E-Eren, should we really do this? I-I'm scared." Mikasa asked, slowly trembling as she followed Eren to her condo. He looked back to her and took her hand into his.

"She can't hurt you. Not while I'm around at least." He reassured.

Eren felt her hands stop shaking for a moment in his hand, making him smile at the small amount of progress. They approached the door to Mikasa condo and Mikasa swung it open after using her keys to unlock it. Eren walked in first, Mikasa behind him.

Mikasa felt her feet freeze but Eren kept walking with their hands locked together, forcing her to keep going. Then they entered the living room where Mikasa mother sat, watching TV.

"Hello... Mrs. Ackerman." Eren said slowly.

She looked at him, an eyebrow raised. When she saw their fingers intertwined together, she immediately tightened her jaw with narrowed eyes.

"Mikasa." Her mother looked to Mikasa, her eyes demanding of an answer as to why she's disobeying her orders. Eren quickly stepped in front of Mikasa, hiding her from her mother's view.

"I'm here to talk." Eren said.

"I don't care about you, I care about my daughter." Mikasa's mother tightly responded.

"What mother slashes their daughter's back?" Eren growled.

Mrs. Ackerman narrowed her eyes. "Mikasa." She snapped.

"I said I wanted to talk!" Eren snapped.

Mrs. Ackerman sighed. "What do you want?"

"Mikasa doesn't want to go through with the arranged married." Eren answered.

She furrowed her brows together and didn't pass the brunet a second glance. She shoved past him, staring at Mikasa right in the eyes.

"What's the meaning of this?!" Her mother asked. Mikasa felt her body tremble and she parted her lips to speak, but nothing came out.

"Answer me!" Mrs. Ackerman demanded.

Mikasa couldn't respond.

She was scared.

Eren shoved Mrs. Ackerman off Mikasa. "Don't touch her." He snapped.

Mrs. Ackerman shook her head. "You devil! Get out of here immediately!" She demanded.

"You're not the owner of this place, lady. Sorry to break it to you, but this is Mikasa's house and she's in control." Eren said.

Mrs. Ackerman continued to stare at Eren, tightening her jaw. She began to mutter something to herself, making threatening hand gestures to him but she didn't touch him.

Then, she snapped.

Mrs. Ackerman pushed Eren, causing him to falter back. He couldn't gain his balance before Mrs. Ackerman had swung her fist. Eren fell to the floor, surprised at how insanely strong this woman was.

"YOU DO NOT TOUCH ME!! THIS IS MY DAUGHTER AND I CONTROL HER!" She bellowed. She kicked his abdomen, making him cry out in pain. Eren has expected a few things coming out of coming here, but getting beaten up definitely wasn't one of them.

"Mother, stop!" Mikasa cried, watching her mother prepare to kick again.

She glared at her. "What did you just call me?" Her tone was low.

Mikasa felt herself shrink. "P-please, don't hurt him." She quietly pleaded. Her mother scoffed, now waking over to Mikasa.

She sent a searing pain flying across her face as Mikasa's head whipped to the side. "You're coming back with me to Japan." She growled.