037: The Love Of Her Life

Mikasa's POV

I carefully study my reflection, my eyes trailing over the girl I see in the body-length mirror.

I stare at her black hair, which is styled in a teased chignon with tendrils. I stare at her makeup, which is some red, matte lipstick with some silver eyeshadow that complimented her eyes. I stare at the pink blush on her cheeks, making her constantly looked flustered, and then I stare at her black and red dress.

I can't believe that this girl... is me.

I've come so far, and I'm not alone.

Eren with with me too.

I leave the room I'm in, walking down the hall to come face-to-face with a wooden door. I knock three times, then here a "come in!"

I do so, opening the door before I step inside. The male who stands by the mirror in the room turns to me, giving me the chance to take in his appearance. His black tuxedo, his perfectly style, chocolate brown hair, and that perfect face of his.

That goddamn sexy face.

"Whoa..." I muse upon seeing him.

His eyes slowly slide down my body, making me blush. And when his emerald eyes meet with mine again, I see a sparkle in them.

"Wow..." He muses.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think that you'd be going to a wedding." I comment.

He smiles and blushes at this, making my heart flutter. "Are you sure that you aren't just wearing this to impress me? Because boy is it working." He asks, stepping closer to me.

I giggle, "maybe," then walk over to the dressed. I grab a red scarf I see atop the dresser, eyeing it carefully. I look back to the male, eyebrows raised. "Is this yours?"

He nods. "Yeah, sorry about—"

"No, don't sweat it." I say, walking over to the mirror. I wrap it around my neck, watching to see it match perfectly with my outfit. But then I quickly take it off, going bright red. "Ah, sorry. I should've asked before I put it on."

He shrugs. "It's okay. You can keep it, it looks nice on you." He says.

I raise a brow, "Are you sure?"

He smirks, stepping closer to me. "Absolutely. Plus, it makes you look cuter than you already are."

He shakes his arm around my waist, pulling me into him. I let out a small noise of surprise, but I willingly lean into him. "Oh, so I'm pretty now?" I quietly ask.

He nods, leaning into me. "You're beautiful."

I lean in closer as if I'm going to kiss him, but when we're inches away, I lean back teasingly.

He looks at me then, his face distraught and shocked. I giggle at this, poking his cheek.

"We can do this later. First, we have some business to take care of." I say, making sure to accentuate the pronoun in my sentence.

We have business to take care of... because we're in this together.

The brunet pouts and huffs, making himself look like a toddler about to throw a fit. "Aw, come on, Mika! Just a smooch!" He cries.

I giggle, shaking my head. As much as I could try to deny it, I really do want to do romantic things with Eren right now. Too many to count, in fact.

So, to somewhat please the both of us, I lean in and place a kiss on his cheek before freeing myself from his grasp. "There, I'll give you that much." I say.