024: Who?

Eren awoke to the sound of his doorbell being rung multiple times, sending a headache to rush through his head.

He looked up to check the time on his wall clock and saw that it was only 10:54 am.

When did he get to sleep?

Eren threw his covers off his body, the sound of his doorbell finally getting on his nerves as he rushed to the front door of his apartment.

When he swung his door open, in came Armin without a greeting.

"No, I insist. Come right in." Eren stated sarcastically to his blond friend.

Armin turned back to Eren, sending him a weak smile before he turned back to Eren's living space.

"Jesus..." he muttered, seeing how messy his living room is, "how do you live in here?" Armin asked.

Eren shrugged as he finally shut the door before he leaned up against it for support. "I dunno, I just... do." He said.

Armin quickly rushed to the kitchen and picked up His trash bin before he walked back over to the table in the living room.

He shoved all of the plastic cups into the bin along with some dirtied napkins and a few empty beer cans.

He bent over to the floor then, picking up the stuff he missed as he placed it into the bin.

"Alright, go get ready." Armin said with a stern tone. Eren groaned, his head spinning constantly before he responded.

"For what?" His words were slurred.

"We're going out. I'm not letting you stay in this shitty apartment all day just to eventually become an alcoholic." Armin stated.

Eren tried to lean off the door, but his body quickly fell back to the wooden door. He let out another groan, mumbling some curse words under his breath as he struggled to stand up straight.

"How much did you drink last night?" Armin asked. The brunet shrugged.

"A lot." He grumbled.

Armin quickly rolled his eyes before he placed the trash bin down to approach his friend. He grabbed Eren, supporting him as he helped take him to his room.

Armin immediately frowned upon smelling the alcohol that seeped through Eren, gagging as well.

"God, you weigh a ton." Armin muttered.

Eren opened his mouth to protest, but quickly lost the will speak as he froze.

Armin managed to put his friend on his bed before he went to his dresser and began to pick out clothes for him. Not even two minutes passed before Armin had thrown a flannel and some jeans to his friend, telling him to change as he quickly left the room.

Eren looked down at his clothing and shook his head in attempt to make his headache go away. However, all he did was make it worse.

"Well shit... I need some Tylenol." He muttered.

After multiple minutes passed, consisting of Eren just staring at his clothing to gather up the strength to even move, Eren finally slipped his clothes on.

He left him room and went to the bathroom, quickly splashing some water onto his face before he went to meet Armin who had been doing the dishes in the sink.

"This is the last time that I'm ever cleaning your apartment for you." Armin stated. Eren forced a chuckle out that came out more of a wheeze as he opened his mouth to make a sarcastic remark.

'You say that now, but next month you're gonna be back here vacuuming my carpet.' Is what Eren tried to say, but instead what came out were a couple of muttered words that made it sound as if he were sleep talking.