004: Rusted Car

1 day had passed.

Mikasa Ackerman was enjoying her free time whilst sitting on her living room couch with Miele. Her phone vibrated, causing her to look to her left, where her phone was, and see a text a from Petra.

She quickly picked it up and held her phone in front of her face. She unlocked her cellular device to view her text message.

"I'm so sorry, Mikasa-San! I have an emergency family meeting to attend to and I can't be your driver today!", read the message.

Mikasa sighed, the thought of a meeting that she had to attend to lingering in her mind.

However, Mikasa knew that Petra's family had been having trouble settling with Petra's choice for her husband, so Mikasa let it slide.

"Its okay. I have my own car anyway." Mikasa replied with. Her drifted to the time to see how much time remained until she had to leave for her meeting.

She sighed. 'One hour and a half left.'

Deciding not to let it bother her anymore, she shut her phone off and continued to watch tv.
-

"Yes Levi, I'm leaving my condo right now." Mikasa said to her phone speaker as she slipped a cardigan over her shoulders.

"This meeting is significant. If you're one minute late—"

"I could lose this opportunity, alongside many other ones?" Mikasa butt in to Levi's statement, rephrasing what he had been saying to her multiple times.

Levi kept nagging the female actress to hurry up. Levi's worry of Mikasa being late bothering both him and her.

"Just because you know what I'm about to say, doesn't mean that you should be late." Levi growled over the phone.

"I wasn't implying that." Mikasa muttered. "I'm hanging up now, Levi." Mikasa said. She brought her phone to her face and turned it off from speaker before hanging up.

She shoved her phone into her purse and wore a hat and some dark-tinted glasses to cover up her face. Mikasa also brought a white scarf that Levi has given her once, also to hide her appearance.

Before leaving, Mikasa set out some dog food for her Corgi, and then finally left. She approached her old and rusty car and unlocked it.

Ever since she hired Petra, Mikasa didn't feel the need to get a new car. Petra drove her around places, and she was pretty much always available. So, whenever Mikasa did consider getting a new car, she remembered that she had Petra and never bothered to get a new car.

However, ever since Petra started to become less and less available, the thought of purchasing a new car crosses Mikasa's mind much more now. 

"Ugh, I need a new car.", said the noirette girl as she sat down in the drivers seat. The engine sputtered—coughed even—before it finally hummed under Mikasa's feet.

Then, finally, Mikasa drove her car out into the street. After Levi had been nagging her for a full hour, Mikasa finally went to her meeting.

-

Mikasa's old car struggled to drive through the high. About 8 minutes away from the location she was traveling to, Mikasa's car gave into the pressure and slowed down.

Mikasa, knowing that her car wouldn't make it, pulled onto the side of the highway.

"Shit."

She viewed the time on her watch, only to see less than 15 minutes remained until the meeting commenced. She panicked and texted Levi about her delayed arrival.

Then, she called Eren.

After only a few rings, Eren's voice was heard over Mikasa's phone.

"Hey, Mikasa."

"Eren. You said that your brother knows his way around cars, right?" Mikasa asked, her tone rushed.

"Half-brother. And, yes. Why?" Eren stated, answering her question.

"I'm in a bit of a situation, and I might need him to fix my car." Mikasa admitted.

"Okay. I'll send you the location of his place and you can just drive—"

"I can't." Mikasa cutt him off. "My car won't start up and I'm on a highway." She said.

"Oh, alright. I'll have him bring over his truck, so send me your location." Eren said

"Okay. Thanks again." Mikasa hung up her phone, then immediately sent Eren her immediately.

Knowing that many people would most likely ask to take a picture with her, Mikasa had to hide behind her cover to avoid her fans.

Not that she hated them, rather, she just didn't have the time. She was too stressed to smile in a picture.

'I don't even think that Eren's warm and comforting smile could calm me down now.' Mikasa thought.
-

10 minutes passed when the sound of a tow truck coming to a full stop beside Mikasa's car filled her ears.

Since she was seated on the floor behind her car, some of the tow truck's engine smoke filled her lungs, causing Mikasa to stand up and start coughing.

Eren ran up right next to her with a worried look in his eyes.

"Mikasa! Are you okay?" Eren asked as he stood beside her.

"Yeah." Mikasa nodded, her voice weak, as she had just finished coughing.

A male, seeming to be a bit older than Eren, exited the drivers seat then. He had blond hair and circular glasses, leading Mikasa to assume that he was Zeke Jaeger.

Eren shot his half-brother a glare, as if he was warning him about something. However, Mikasa was too occupied by her issues to worry or even notice.

"Come on. Let's go." Eren said. Mikasa nodded as he followed him into the truck whilst giving a silent wave to Zeke.

Once Zeke had hooked up Mikasa's malfunctioning car up to his tow truck, he sat in the drivers seat and began to drive off.

Eren and Mikasa created small talk within each other during the car ride. Zeke didn't talk as much, and Mikasa could sense thick air between the two half-brothers.

However, Mikasa knew that she wasn't in the position to stick her nose into their position, so she kept quiet.

Even though Mikasa acted completely oblivious to the fact that Eren was acting cold to Zeke, she was fully aware of the fact.

But she knew how annoying it got when someone asked too many personal questions, and Mikasa didn't want to be that person.

The tension, too, was driving Mikasa insane though. She knew that if she kept talking with Eren that she was bound to ask questions.

Because of that, Mikasa decided to keep quiet for the rest of the trip and keep her white scarf over her nose.

'I don't want to be that person.' She thought.