025: Remember Me

Eren sat in his doctor's office, awaiting his the test results. His eyes drifted around the room in search for something to get rid of his thoughts.

He kept wondering why that girl looked so familiar earlier that day at the CVS.

About five minutes later, his doctor walked into the room.

"Alright. So, your results show no signs of any life-threatening medical conditions and your health is in check." He said. Eren nodded, following along with his words.

"However, you haven't been taking your prescribed pills which can lead to permanent damage to your hippocampus." His doctor continued. "I'm afraid that if you stop taking your pills, your temporal lobe will be out of action." He stated.

Eren frowned, his eyes flickering to the floor as he heard this news. He knew that this was coming, ever since he stopped taking his medication. "What do you suggest that I do, dad?" Eren asked.

His father, who is also his doctor, sighed.

"Son, the most that I can ask of you is for you to take your medication. If you stop—"

"I'll suffer from long-term memory loss, I know." Eren butt in, still looking down. His father's expression softened into one of pity as he approached Eren.

He placed a small bag onto Eren's lap, making him look up at his father.

"Trust me that you'll take these, son." His father pleaded. Eren stared at him in silence before letting out a long sigh as he picked up the bag.

His father watched as Eren just stood up and left his father's office, not even offering up a wave or a simple "goodbye" as he left.

His father sighed then, the door shutting as he looked down at the clipboard that he held in his hands. "Please don't stop taking your medication because of her." He muttered under his breath.
-

   Mikasa sat in Annie's car, nodding her head to whatever the hell she was saying as her eyes stayed focus on the world outside the window.

"Mikasa." Annie abruptly called out.

Mikasa snapped out of her thoughts and turned back to Annie. "Yeah?" She asked.

"What's on your mind? You seem preoccupied." Annie asked.

Mikasa bit down on her lip, his eyes trailing back to look outside the car window as she debating on whether or not she should tell Annie what's on her mind.

In the end, Mikasa gave in, since Annie had been her best friend for a while now and there's no use in keeping secrets.

"I saw Eren today." She muttered.

"You did? Shouldn't you be happy then?" Annie inquired.

"I should be, but because of my mom's stupid rule on me not being able to talk to him until I get married, I wasn't able to hang out." She admitted. Annie rose a brow as her car came to a halt at a traffic light.

"Is that it? It seems like there's more to this." Annie asked.

Mikasa let out a sigh. "I saw him at a CVS store and... he didn't recognize me. Which is strange because he always recognizes my voice, whether I have a disguise on or not." Mikasa said.

"Well, that's nothing to worry about too much. You should go see him today, check up on him. I'm sure that it's just your disguise that he didn't recognize." Annie suggested.

"But my mom's rule—"

"Fuck her rule! Miki, you're a grown ass woman, and you should do whatever the hell you want!" Annie exclaimed. Mikasa let out another sigh as she looked back to her friend.