017: Madam

"Thank you very much." Mikasa said, shaking the hand on the male who stood upon her.

"We trust that you won't be so irresponsible, Mikasa Ackerman." The man said, letting go of Mikasa's hand. Mikasa and Levi both bowed their heads slightly as they watched the man, along with a woman, leave their presence.

Once the door shut behind them, Mikasa sighed in relief and relaxed her stiff posture.

"I didn't think that you'd be able to get that offer back." Levi flatly proclaimed. Mikasa shrugged, picking up her purse that sat on a table.

"I told you to trust me." Mikasa responded with, picking up her paper cup with coffee. Levi crossed his arms, his eyebrows relaxing from their furrowed position.

"Well, you're just full of surprises." Levi said. "Did you get a new car? We can't have you losing your job because of this simple inconvenience." Levi asked, his tone sounding more annoyed than worried.

Mikasa has to resist the urge to frown at his tone. "I did. But it shouldn't matter too much, since Petra is back now." Mikasa replied. Levi nodded.

"Since someone decided to plan a meeting that should've already happened, I might not be able to enjoy the rest of my day now." Levi growled in a low, accusing tone.

Mikasa scoffed. "Oh boo-hoo, Levi." She spat out, mocking the short, adult man.

Not even a goodbye left Levi's mouth before he walked away from Mikasa and exited the room they were in. Mikasa sighed before eventually leaving the room as well.
-

"Bye, Petra." Mikasa said to the ginger-haired female who sat in the driver seat of a car. Petra smiled before waving her hand.

"Bye-bye, Mikasa-san." Petra said in response before she drove off. Mikasa let out a sigh of relief and stretched her back before she walked to her condominium.

Mikasa entered her home and smiled, seeing her dog approach her. Mikasa smiled and pet her dog until she heard her doorbell ring behind her.

Knowing exactly who it was, Mikasa opened her door without checking first. As she expected, a woman with black hair in a bun invited herself into of the condo.

The woman let go of her suitcase that she had been dragging behind her and sighed, then looked to Mikasa behind her.

The lady crossed her arms, eyeing Mikasa up and down as if she were looking for something to criticize.

"It's been a while." The woman simply said with her lips drawn out in a straight line, nearly frowning.

Mikasa nodded shyly, her breath caught in her throat. "Where's my greeting?" The lady asked in a cocky tone.

Mikasa's posture stiffened until she forced herself to bow. An amused smile appeared onto the lady's face once she saw Mikasa do what she had expected her to do.

"I already have the profile of the man who you are to marry. I don't have the slightest idea as to why you would want to marry somebody here in America, but the man in this file does, in fact, live in America." The lady said as she opened up her purse.

She took out a file and carelessly tossed it to Mikasa. Mikasa barely caught it in her arms, but she didn't drop it.

Mikasa felt anger as she heard the woman's words. She specifically requested to have profiles of many men to choose from, not just one man.

However, she knew that she had no right to retort back to her mother, so all she could do was furrow her brows.

"Where shall I be staying?" Mikasa's mother asked. Mikasa walked forward slowly.

"Over here, madam." Mikasa said. The lady let out a low, manipulative chuckle.

"I guess old habits never change." She said, referring to the way how Mikasa addressed to her. Mikasa's shoulders stiffened, her chest rising slowly as she took in a deep breath.

"That seems so, madam."
-

"So, who was that girl again?" The blonde female asked as she played with her cup of smoothie in her hands.

The brunette across the table of the girl sighed, becoming flustered. The blonde only tilted her head, taking a sip from her drink as she watched the male in front of her.

"M-Mikasa Ackerman." The male replied. The blonde girl nearly spat out her drink, only choking on it before her eyes widened.

"You're kidding."

"Nope."

"Well, why would Mikasa Ackerman be at your place?" The blonde asked before she smirked. "Eren, are you trying to get with her?" She asked in a teasing tone.

"No! It's not like that!" Eren quickly retorted back. The blonde sighed, taking another long sip of her drink.

"So, then what? Do you like her?" She asked. Eren's blush deepened in color, but he didn't respond. The blonde already seemed to know the answer to her own question, so she didn't press it onto him.

"Why don't you just ask her out then?" The blonde asked. Eren sighed, resting his head on his fist with his elbow on the table.

"It's not that easy, Historia." Eren stated. Historia tilted her head again.

"Why?"

"Since yesterday, she probably thinks that I have a girlfriend." Eren stated. The blonde in front of Eren pressed her lips together and furrowed her brows, deep in thought.

"Did you tell her that you have a girlfriend?" Historia asked. Eren shook his head.

"Then why?"

"Because."

"Because of what?"

"When you came to my place yesterday."

"Wait, what?"

Eren nodded as he sighed. "Remember how you were thanking me for our little 'date'?" Eren stated. Historia scoffed before her expression dropped.

"You can't be serious. She thinks that you and I are...?" Historia asked as she motioned her finger between the two. Eren nodded, his eyes now glued to his own drink of coffee that he hadn't touched yet.

"Oh, gross! I am so sorry, Eren." Historia immediately apologized, knowing that she and Eren actually weren't dating.

"It's not your fault. It's just a misunderstanding, although I'm not sure how I'm going to clear this up." Eren shrugged, muttering as he neared the end of his statement.

Eren finally picked up his cup of black coffee, taking a few sips of it.

"Well, how on earth are you going to clear this up?" Historia asked, setting her now empty cup to the side of her.

Eren shrugged, not saying anything as he took another sip of his drink. Historia frowned as she couldn't help but feel as if this was her fault.

"Let me help." She said.

"How?" Eren asked, raising a brow.

"Since you helped me get rid of that guy, I'll help you with this girl. Why don't I clear things up for you and tell her everything?" She offered.

"And how do you plan on doing that?"

Historia smirked, as the waitress that had been serving them came by and grabbed Historia's cup.

"Simple," Historia began, playing with her hair between her forefinger and thumb,
.
.
.
.
.
"I'll go to her house and tell her."