034: Undesired Life

Mikasa stirred from her sleep, turning on her side to view Eren sleeping soundly beside her. She smiled upon seeing him, blushing lightly as the memories from the previous night flooded back.

She sat up, arching her back and stretching her arms upward with a yawn. She looked down and when she saw her lack of clothing, since she only wore her undergarments, she blushed deeply. She turned to Eren again, now noticing that the only article of clothing that he wore were a pair of boxers.

Mikasa stared at the brunet beside her for a couple more moments before she heard a sharp click sound from the front of the door to her bedroom. She jumped, pulling the blanket up to her chest as she watched the door apprehensively.

It was around this time when Eren began to wake up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he sat up. He looked over to the door, also hearing the click, and ultimately turned white.

The door swung open and both dark-haired adults in bed felt their blood run cold as they saw Levi's figure in the doorway.

He stood there, lip curled and eyes narrowed. Mikasa blushed, just barely being able to pull the blanket up to her chest to cover her half-naked body.

"L-Levi?! Wh-What are you doing here?" Mikasa asked awkwardly, feeling her face turn redder and redder.

Levi paid no attention to the fact that both adults in the bed were half-naked because the only look he seemed to wear was that scowl of his.

"The Media is wondering where you're at." Levi stated.

Mikasa rose a brow. "Th-they what?"

Levi groaned. "The media. They want to know why you've been so inactive. You haven't been updating on your social media's, nor have you been in any movies or shows since the last movie we finished." He repeated, elaborating his phrase.

"Oh, that! Uhh...I have been quite inactive..." Mikasa's voice trailed off.

"Yeah, no shit I just said that. And also, why the fuck are you half-naked right now with him?" Levi asked, frowning as his eyes looking to Eren.

"We're just... uhh..." Mikasa stammered, struggling to find her words. Levi's glare only seemed to make her more nervous.

"We're a couple."

Levi turned to Eren, hearing the sudden words that left his mouth.

"What?" He spat out.

"We're a couple. We're dating. Boyfriend and girlfriend." Eren echoed.

Levi shook his head. "I know what it means to be in a relationship, but why haven't you told anyone sooner?" Levi asked.

Mikasa bit her lip, her gaze lowering to the floor. They just became an official couple yesterday, but they were definitely friends with benefits before that. So then she began to wonder to herself the same question: why didn't she tell anyone sooner?

The more she thought about it the more she began to ponder. She wondered if she would've even told the media after this. Does she want this to be a secret? Does she want to even be involved with the media anymore?

After a few more moments of silence, Mikasa felt herself settle on a thought that didn't help her out in the currently situation she was currently in, to say the least.

She didn't want to be in the showbiz life anymore.

"I just didn't want to tell them. Is there a problem with that?" Mikasa asked, her tone now confident.

"Well yes. You're an actress, you're famous, you can't just keep everyone in the dark. Soon enough people will lose interest in you and you'll lose popularity." Levi retorted.

"And what if I want that to happen?"

Levi rose a brow, "What?"

Mikasa finally threw the covers off her body, now stepping onto the floor. "What if I want to lose fame? What if I don't want to be an actress?"

Levi rolled his eyes. "You're bluffing."

Mikasa tested him. "Am I?"

Levi scoffed. "Yeah, you are."

"Prove it." Mikasa snapped.

Mikasa narrowed her eyes now, crossed her arms in front of body. When Levi didn't retort, she knew that she'd won.

"Fine. I'll let you be and lose fame. I'm not against you wanting to live your life, you just should've approached this more maturely." Levi began.

Mikasa paused, feeling the fire in her stomach die down. She didn't feel angry anymore, rather, she now felt ashamed. Levi was right: she should've been more mature about this.

"I can see that you're not in the right state of mind right now because of some," Levi eyed Mikasa up and down slowly to the lingerie she wore and then to the half-naked Eren in her bed, "...obvious reasons, so I'll let you be. Contact me when you're ready to settle this like an adult." Levi stated.

Mikasa blushed slightly at the fact that Levi eyed her up and down, but the minute he left without a goodbye she wasn't flustered. She blinked, taking a deep breath to recollect herself.

She shouldn't have gotten so angry.

She felt arms wrap around her from behind and immediately turned to see Eren. He held a concerned expression, making her smile to turn around to try and reassure him.

"Princess, are you sure about this?" Eren asked. Mikasa inhaled slowly, wrapping her arms around Eren's neck.

"Yes." She answered simply, thinking that Eren was speaking about their relationship.

"No, I mean, about the actress thing. You want to end it?" He asked.

Mikasa paused, feeling her smile already begin to falter. "Of course I am, baby. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know..." Eren hummed.

Mikasa presses her forehead against his. "I have a backup plan in mind." She mused.

Eren rose a brow. "You do?"

Mikasa nodded. "An author. I'll use a pen name so people won't know that it's actually me when I write my books."

Eren hummed in response, smiling. He chuckled lightly, making Mikasa raise a brow.

"What?" She asked quietly.

"I just... I'm thinking about how stupid I was. I shouldn't be worried about you. After all, you haven't once let me down since I met you." He said.

It was now Mikasa's turn to hum in response. She smirked, a cheeky feeling igniting inside of her.

"I didn't even doubt you last night?" She asked cheekily.

Eren turned bright red at her statement, but he didn't back off. "Of course not. How about me? Was I the knight in shining armor you expected?"

Mikasa hummed, her eyes darting to the flooring in thought. "I'm not sure..." she responded, obviously teasing. Eren chuckled and then they paused, now realizing how close they were.

They hadn't even noticed that they had been leaning their heads closer to each other, foreheads still making contact with the other's. Mikasa found herself staring at Eren's lip and she ended up biting her own. Eren smirked and Mikasa knew that he saw her bite her lip (how could he not see her, they're inches away from each other) but Mikasa didn't care.

They suddenly pulled apart, both realizing what they were about to do. Mikasa knew that she had something planned with Annie today and Eren had to go speak with his half-brother and father. They didn't have time to screw around with each other yet.

"I'll go changed." Mikasa spoke up.

Eren nodded, "Sure," and he watched her saunter out of her bedroom and into the bathroom.

He smiled and when the girl disappeared from his view he refocused on his surroundings that he had previously been ignoring. He looked down, and when he saw something greet him from in between his legs he blushed madly.

'Oh, shit...'

vote and comment. thanks :)