038: The Love Of His Life

(This is just chapter 37 but in Eren's POV)
Eren's POV

I run a hand through my hair before I pat it down, tucking away the flyaways. I stare at my reflection, making sure that my black tuxedo and brown hair don't have any imperfections. I want to look absolutely perfect for today... because today is the day that my Love frees herself from the chains that have been holding her back.

I hear three knocks come from the door that leads to the room I'm in, making me hail out, "come in!"

The door opens after I speak, and I hear the unhurried sound of heels click sound as steps are made into the room I'm in. I spin around, staring at the person behind me to see my Love.

Her black hair is styled perfectly, her make-up that goes along with her style perfectly, her black and red dress, and that warm smile of hers.

Damn, I love to see her smile.

"Whoa..." she muses quietly.

My eyes slowly slide down her body again, and I know that she can feel my eyes on her. I bring my gaze back up to meet with hers, and I feel myself get trapped in those beautiful, grey irises.

"Wow..." I muse upon seeing her.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think that you'd be going to a wedding." She comments.

A smile tugs at my lips and I don't care to fight the blush that crawls onto my cheeks. "Are you sure that you aren't just wearing this to impress me? Because boy is it working." I reply, stepping closer to her.

She giggles, making me heart jump at the sweet sound of her laughter. "Maybe." She hums.

She walks over to the dresser in the room, picking up the red scarf that I had laid atop it. I mentally scold myself once I see it, since I had told myself many times before to put it away.

She turns to look at me, eyebrows raised. "Is this yours?"

I nod, "Yeah, sorry about—"

"No, don't sweat it." She butts in. She walks over to the mirror, wrapping the red fabric around her neck. It goes perfectly with her dress, almost compliments it, but then she quickly removes it as she turns beet red.

"Ah, sorry. I should've asked before I put it on."

I shrug. "It's okay. You can keep it, it looks nice on you."

She raises a brow. "Are you sure?"

I smirk, stepping closer to her. "Absolutely. Plus, it makes you look cuter than you already are."

I snake my arm around her waist, pulling her flush into my body. She lets out a small noise of surprise, but she doesn't fail to lean into me. "Oh, so I'm pretty now?" She asks.

I nod, leaning into her. "You're beautiful."

She leans in closer to me and I wait for our lips to meet so that I can indulge in the sweet taste of strawberries that her lips always seem to hold. However, before I can indulge in such wonders, she pulls back teasingly.

I look up at noirette, my face distraught. She giggles at me, poking my cheek.

"We can do that later. First, we have some business to take care of." She says, making sure to accentuate the pronoun in her sentence.

I pout at her, huffing. "Aw, come on, Mika! Just a smooch!" I cry.

She giggles again, shaking her head. She leans in, placing a kiss on my cheek before she frees herself from my grasp. "There, I'll give you that much." She says.