008: Last Night

Mikasa arose from her slumber, a head splitting headache occupying her. A feeling of nausea filled the girl with discomfort, yet it wasn't enough to force Mikasa to rush to her restroom.

She groaned and placed her hand on her forehead, only to feel it rapidly heating up. "Ugh, hangover." Mikasa mumbled.

Mikasa viewed her surroundings, only to see that she was in her bedroom and laying down on her bed. However, she wasn't alone.

Eren was right beside her.

Mikasa jumped, shocked, but fell back into the bed and on his arms. He held her in tight embrace, however, it wasn't suffocating.

In fact, it comforted her.

'I could get used to this.' Mikasa thought, blushing.

After realizing what she was doing, Mikasa shook her head to snap herself out of it. She began to think of ways to get out of her current situation without awakening Eren.

However, thinking those thoughts proved futile, for Eren suddenly woke up. He feebly lifted his eyelids, his emerald eyes connecting with Mikasa's.

Without even a second passing, Eren blushed and sat up. However, he didn't sit up properly, for his body could not support him.

He got up too suddenly, causing Eren to fall off of Mikasa's bed. Because Eren still had his arm wrapped around Mikasa, they both fell onto the floor.

Both fell onto the wooden flooring in Mikasa's bedroom. Although they both landed on the ground, Mikasa's impact wasn't as harsh as Eren's, for Mikasa landed on the brunette. Despite that, Eren's back still hit the floor in a hard mannner.

Eren groaned in agony, causing Mikasa to lift her head up. The girl realized then that her chest was tightly pressed up against Eren's, making both of the dark-haired adults blush.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" Mikasa apologized as she sat up. Her face was a shade of bright red as Mikasa got off of Eren. The brunette male sat up and recollected himself as Mikasa stood up.

Mikasa put her hand out, offering for Eren to grab onto it. He did, and so then Mikasa helped him stand to his feet.

"Uh, what exactly happened last night?" Mikasa asked.

"Err, not that, if that's what you're thinking." Eren said, his tone stern, yet still embarrassed. Mikasa grew embarrassed with his statement, since that was far from the noirette girl's mind. She hid her blush in her long hair that was in two sloppy pigtails, which only made Mikasa wonder more.

'I never wear my hair in pigtails... what exactly happened last night?' She wondered.

"I-I wasn't thinking that." Mikasa muttered, looking down as her tone became lower and lower. Eren chuckled.

"Well, I'm glad you weren't. To be honest, I don't remember clearly either. I was just about to ask you." He admitted with a straight tone. Mikasa sighed, knowing that she'd probably never know what happened last night.

It was silent after that. The two who stood awkwardly in the bedroom averted eye contact with one another. Rather, they'd feel awkward if they were to actually lock eyes after their conversation.

The sound of a wall clock ticking filled the room. The birds singing outside of a glass window were barely audible, yet still present. The sound of Miele's cute and quiet snoring danced around the room.

All of these beautiful sounds pleasured Eren and Mikasa's ears. Yet, the atmosphere was still awkward and stiff.

"I should probably go. Ya'know, Zeke and the shop." Eren said, shrugging as he referred to his off-to-the-side job.

"Yeah, yeah. Go right ahead." Mikasa said, still refusing to make eye contact. If she did, she was sure to turn redder than she was then.

Eren nodded, then turned around and grabbed his coat off of the floor. He walked out of Mikasa's bedroom with the door shutting behind him. Miele's head perked up, the sound of the door closing awakening her.

Mikasa finally turned around, Miele following her, and she walked outside of her bedroom. Mikasa sat down in her living room couch, next to the wall of glass, and looked outside to see Eren walking down the street.

Mikasa sighed, watching him walk away while the same thought lingered in her mind.

'What happened last night?'
-

Mikasa stepped outside of her shower and quickly wrapped a towel around her torso. She heard her doorbell ring multiple times, which irritated her. She slid some slides onto her feet as she called out the words "I'm coming!", with annoyance seeping through her tone.

She exited her bedroom—where her bathroom also was—and hurried her pace with each step she took. Once she reached her front door, she looked through the peephole and saw a familiar blonde standing on the other side of her door.

Mikasa sighed, recognizing the blonde, and opened the door. The blonde female invited herself inside and sat down on Mikasa's couch. The blonde's posture was comfortable, just as her clothing were with her matching tube top and sweatpants.

Her expression seemed as if she was plotting something, and Mikasa knew exactly what the female was about to ask.

"Wait, Annie. Before you interrogate me about last night, let me put on some clothing." Mikasa said. Annie threw her head back in a chortle, some loose strands of her hair from her classic messy bun falling over her eyes.

"I didn't say anything." Annie confessed, throwing her hands up in defense. Mikasa looked at Annie with a stern expression; one eyebrow raised with a smirk on her face.

"But you were thinking it, weren't you?" Mikasa proclaimed, smiling.

"Ahh, you caught me there." Annie giggled.
-

Mikasa sat down beside Annie as she watched something on tv with her together. Mikasa placed down a glass of wine in front of Annie and herself.

"You still have some left?!" Annie chirped in excitement as she look at the wine, clearly referencing to the alcoholic drink. Mikasa nodded, smiling, as she picked up the glass cups and handed one to Annie.

Annie grinned as they clinked their cups together before taking sips out of their drinks. As Mikasa continued to drink her wine, Annie separated her lip from her glass as she spoke up.

"Did you guys make-out?" Annie asked in a blunt fashion. Mikasa choked on her drink, then removed the glass from her lips as Annie pat her back down, chuckling at the same time.

"N-No! We didn't do anything like that!" Mikasa said, stumbling on her words once she had finally stopped coughing.

"So... you refuse to tell me?" Annie said, raising an eyebrow.

"Promise me. Nothing happened!" Mikasa protested, a stern tone in her voice.

"You sound pretty believable. But then again... you are an actress so you could be lying to me." Annie said. She tilted her head upwards and used her forefinger and thumb to stroke her chin.

"Guess I'm going to have to get it out of you another way!" Annie swung her hands around Mikasa's waist and began to tickle her without any warning.

Mikasa busted out into uncontrollable laughter as Annie continued to tickle her. They both laughed together, but Annie's laughter was probably from Mikasa's forced laughter.

Mikasa feebly opened her eyes, still laughing, when she saw something in the upper left corner of her living room. An idea came into Mikasa's mind when she saw the obscure object, causing her to exclaim out accidentally.

"Aha!" Mikasa exclaimed.

"What?" Annie asked as she stopped tickling her friend.

"The camera!" Mikasa said, point to what was in the upper left corner of her living room. "We can go check what happened last night before you accuse me of anything else." Mikasa finished.

"Alright. Let's see what really happened last night then, Miki." Annie said as she helped Mikasa up to her feet. Mikasa recollected herself as she stood up and walked to her bedroom, where her laptop was.
.
.
.
.
.
'Now... what really happened last night, Eren?'