029: His Trauma

Mikasa awoke to the sound of her door swinging open, making her look to the opened doorway to see who stood there.

When she saw Eren, she instantly smiled.

Eren held a tray in his hand, and what Mikasa assumed to be her breakfast was on that tray.

There was a plate with two slices of French toast on it, dusted with some powdered sugar and topped with freshly sliced fruit. A mug with tea in it was placed beside the plate as a trail of steam arose from the drink. A small plate with a croissant was the last thing on the tray, save for the utensils and napkins.

"Morning Princess." Eren greeted with a smile.

Mikasa smiled and sat up in bed as she stretched her arms behind her back, letting out a yawn.

"Morning." She said before she smacked her lips.

Eren placed the tray on Mikasa's Queen sized bed and then he sat beside her.

"You made this?" Mikasa asked, eyeing the deliciousness down in front of her. Eren chuckled with a nod.

"I always was sorta good in the kitchen." He said.

Mikasa smiled, leaning over to place a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you." She said.

Eren blushed at her action, as did Mikasa, but he wasn't complaining.

Mikasa picked up the fork and knife to begin cutting her French toast and that's when Eren spoke up.

"Mika, what are going to do about the arranged marriage?" He asked, feeing guilty for asking such a mood-ruining question so early in the day.

Mikasa sighed, but she expected to be asked this question sooner or later.

"I'm going to drive over to his house and tell him. I'll sign the papers and then I'll be free." She said.

"Where does he live?" Eren asked.

Mikasa bit her lip, averting eye contact. When she mumbled her response, Eren gawked at her.

"Mikasa, that's a 5 hour drive!" He exclaimed, as if she hadn't known that already. "Do you plan on going with someone at least?" Eren asked.

Mikasa shook her head. "Annie is busy... and let's just say that I don't have any other friends." She muttered.

Eren rose a brow before he sighed and stood up. "Alright, I'm going with you." He said.

Mikasa rose a brow. "What?"

"I'm going with you. I don't want you to be in a strange place all alone."

"But I couldn't do that to you."

"Don't worry, you're not. I'm doing this because I want to." He said.

Mikasa couldn't help but still feel guilty, and Eren noticed this. To hopefully get rid of her meaningless guilt, Eren leaned over and kissed her forehead.

Mikasa instantly became flustered, and Eren smiled, glad that his planned worked.

"You're beautiful." He said, making sure that she was as flustered as possible. "When do you plan on going?"

Mikasa shrugged. "I'm not sure. I was thinking of going today, but—"

"Alright, lets go today then." Eren proclaimed.

"I can't." She said.

"Why not?"

Mikasa bit her lip and looked down, not really sure why she wasn't so against this idea. Eren smiled, realizing that she was out of ideas.