035: Eavesdroppers

Mikasa jumped into Annie's car when she saw the black vehicle parked by her condo complex. Annie looked over to Mikasa and smirked, making Mikasa tilt her head curiously at her.

"What?" Mikasa asked.

"You're blushing. What happened?" Annie asked.

Mikasa noticed the blush stained her cheeks and tried to shake it away. "Nothing." She muttered. Annie rose a brow.

"Nothing my ass. Did something happen with Eren?" Annie asked. Mikasa's blush deepened in color, making Annie chuckle. "I knew it was him! What happened?"

Mikasa sucked her face in attempt to hide her blush. "It's... nothing." She muttered so quietly that Annie didn't even hear her.

Annie rolled her eyes. "Did you guys kiss again? Did he ask you out? What happened, Miki?" Annie bombarded her with questions.

Mikasa sighed, finally turning back to Annie. "We're dating now." She admitted.

Annie squealed at this news. "Awh! Mikasa, I'm so happy for you!"

Mikasa blushed in embarrassment, ducking her head in attempt to hide her blush. "C-Can we just go now?" She mumbled.

Annie giggled a bit at how awkward her best friend seemed to be. "Sure," She said nonetheless, starting up the car. After pulling out of the driveway, Annie then drove to the place where her and Mikasa would be spending their day at.
-

After parking at an empty parking slot, Annie put her car in park and turned off her engine. She looked to Mikasa, who was now adjusting her shoes on her feet.

"Ready?" Annie asked, unbuckling her belt. Mikasa nodded, unbuckling as well.

"I'm ready."

They both exited the car and before they knew it, they were inside the mall. Mikasa adjusted her sunglasses and hat, but she still felt a bit naked. She didn't have her white scarf to cover up because of when it got ruined by the chlorine in Eren's pool, so she had to admit that she felt a bit naked.

When Mikasa and Annie entered a store inside the mall, Annie immediately dragged Mikasa to where the dresses were. Mikasa rose a brow at her action, since Annie usually isn't one to wear such feminine things.

"You're getting a dress?" Mikasa questioned as Annie looked through her options.

Annie nodded, "Armin and I are going out." She said, smiling. It seemed like whenever she spoke of Armin, Annie always wore a smile.

Mikasa smiled at this, since it was the first time Annie had ever felt like this towards someone before and Mikasa was happy for her.

"Well, what are you looking for?" Mikasa asked.

Annie shrugged. "I'm not sure. I was hoping you could help me out becuase of..." Annie paused as she looked at Mikasa's attire, "obvious reasons."

Mikasa giggled a bit at this. She had to admit that she did enjoy to wear dresses, just as much as she liked sweatpants.

Even now, Mikasa wore a pencil-skirt that's grey in color with a black, long sleeved crop top and black boots with heels. Compared to Annie, who only wore ripped jeans and a hoodie, Mikasa was dressed more girly.

"Well, the color purple compliments you hair and the color orange compliments your eyes. But we can just go for something grey for now." Mikasa said.

Annie nodded, determined, and Mikasa giggled at this. It was like Annie was on a mission, when really all she needed was apparel.

But when Annie has 15 minutes looking for some clothing to no avail, Mikasa decided to help her as well. And, ironically enough, Mikasa found her a dress within five minutes.