031: Money Debt

Eren ring the doorbell to the villa in front of him, Mikasa at his side. The two were planning on canceling the marriage today and they decided to go together.

The door swung open and on the other side of the door stood a woman with brown kempt hair, tucked behind her ears in a maid outfit.

"How may I help you?" She asked.

"I'm here to see Jean Kirstein." Mikasa spoke up.

The girl rose a brow. "And you are?"

"Mikasa Ackerman." Mikasa said, taking off her glasses and hat to reveal the face underneath her disguise.

The woman hummed in response, opening the door wider.

"Come on in."

The two walked in, following the maid as she led them to a couch in the ginormous living room. They sat down by her commands and then she soon left to go retrieve the male.

Minutes later, she returned with a male with spiky gray hair, shaved into an undercut with his under hair being black. He had a chiseled jaw, his exposed forearms toned perfectly and his build muscular.

When his eyes landed on Mikasa, they lit up ever so slightly.

"Mikasa, so great to see you before the wedding." He said with a smile.

Mikasa nodded, forcing a smile. "It's nice seeing you as well, Jean."

Jean looked to the male sitting beside Mikasa, all of his glee dissipating. "And you are?"

"I'm Eren." Eren said, not bothering to give too much formality.

Jena hummed, quickly averting his attention back to the only person he could tolerate in the room, save for his maid. "What brings you here?" He asked Mikasa.

"I'm here to discuss something about the marriage." She said, her tone stern and free of any mirth.

He rose a brow, amusement crossing over his face. "Oh?" He asked with a smirk.

Mikasa nodded. "I'm here to cancel it." She said.

Jean held himself back from chuckling, his smirk just growing in size. "No can do. It's already set in, you signed the contract—"

"Actually, I can cancel it. I want to cancel the marriage right now, Jean." She forced herself form exposing too much hostility in her tone.

Jean hummed in response as he raised an amused brow. He suddenly turned around and began to walk forward. He turned his head over his shoulder, delivering a look to the two adults behind him which made them follow him.

"Well, Mikasa Ackerman," Jean began, walking towards the huge flight of stairs before climbing them slowly, "I'm afraid to deliver to you such terrible news, but there is something about that contract you signed for the marriage."

Mikasa stepped forward. "And that is?"

"If you want to cancel our marriage, you'll have to go through court." Jean said. He looked back to Mikasa and Eren, seeing them suddenly stiffen at his words. He smirked, fully ascending the steps.

"Can't we just settle this with words?" Mikasa asked, her tone suddenly desperate. "Let's be reasonable, do you really want to go to court for such a simple matter?"

Jean snicker under his breath before he slid open a glass door, leading to his huge balcony that overlooked the sea.

He turned to the people behind him, adjusting his tie around his neck. "You," Jean shifted his view to Eren, already forgetting his name, "tell me what you see?"