013: Another Drunk Night

Mikasa sat up and threw a cough, spitting out some water with the tase of chlorine in her mouth. Her body was drenched and she was wearing the same clothing from the club.

However, her glasses were gone which exposed most of her face. She looked around, breathing heavily as she gasps for air.

Her hair stuck to her neck, her body as wet as the ocean. She continued to look around and view her surroundings when she realized that she was on concrete floor.

She was laid on the ground, and who stood beside her with a worried look in his eyes was Eren. He looked scared to the point where he couldn't even bring himself to speak.

"Wha—" Before Mikasa could finish her statement, Eren wrapped his arms around Mikasa without warning. Mikasa blushed, but hugged back reluctantly only to realize that Eren was wet too.

His shirt was off, exposing his defined torso and arms as his grip around her was tight and nearly suffocating. Mikasa grazed her fingers along his back, admiring every nook and cranny before stopping herself.

"Eren, what's wrong?" Mikasa asked, deciding to finally question the situation. Eren let go, his hands on her shoulders as he locked eyes with her.

Mikasa grew nervous by his blunt way off viewing her and immediately tore her eyes away from him.

"I-I'm so glad that your back." Is all Eren replied with. Mikasa's eyes drew back to the brunette, her head snapping back to him as her wet hair nearly slapped her in the face.

"What do you mean?" Mikasa asked, sternly and worried for her wellbeing. Eren's eyes flickered to the ground as he let go of her shoulders. "Eren? What are you not telling me?" Mikasa inquired.

"It's all my fault." Eren said, his hands drawing back to his sides. Mikasa looked at him, a worried look in her eyes.

"Why are we drenched in water?" Mikasa asked another, not receiving an answer to her previous one. Eren sighed, getting up in the process to put his dry shirt back on that sat on the floor.

"Take a look around and you tell me." Eren said, helping Mikasa to her feet. Mikasa did what he said to do and looked around to see a pool beside her.

She could see her tinted glasses in the water, and that's when she knew what happened. "Did I... jump?" Mikasa asked, taken aback.

However, Mikasa knew that she couldn't have. Why would she when she doesn't even know how to swim?

"No, you fell." Eren admitted. Mikasa's breath hitched in her throat before walking up to Eren and placing her hands on his waist.

Although Eren was 6ft and Mikasa wasn't shorter than him by too much, being 5 feet and 9 inches, Mikasa couldn't help but feel small next to him.

"H-How?" Mikasa asked. Eren grabbed her hands that were around her waist and guided them to Mikasa's chest, in front of her heart to feel her heartbeat.

"Like I said..." Eren said, chewing the inside of his lip as he was hesitant to continue, "it's all my fault." He finished.

"But I don't understand." Mikasa said, wracking her brain to remember what happened although she couldn't.

"Please, Mika. Don't make me dwell on it." Eren said, pulling her into a hug again. Mikasa couldn't seem to remember what exactly happened.

She must've ingested too much alcohol, because the last thing she remembered was being in the club, speaking with Armin.

The noirette seemed to have more questions than answers. She forced herself to remember what happened yesterday, but it was all futile.

Eren sighed. "I guess I'll have to tell you then." Eren said. Mikasa looked up as her eyes filled with curiosity.

"Please do." Mikasa replied.
-

She could finally understand it.

Eren's half-assed explanation made so much sense now to the noirette. But, there was still a part that made her wonder.

She questioned her actions. Why did she run away so hurt? She couldn't seem to figure it out.

However, when Mikasa's eyes met with Eren's again, she could tell that he had the same question. And just by looking at him this time, Mikasa think that she knew.

"So, Mika," Eren began, causing Mikasa to give him her undivided attention, "do you plan on telling me why ran away?" Eren asked, sorrow seeping through his tone.

Mikasa inhaled sharply, her eyes scanning around the empty pool area as if she was looking for an excuse in her surroundings.

Before she could say anything, Mikasa let out a quiet sneeze and used her hand to cover her mouth. Eren's posture stiffened, his eyes scanning over Mikasa's drenched body before back to her face.

"Oh, I am so sorry. I should've offered for you to shower and a change of clothes before you get sick." Eren said, standing up quickly from where he was seated.

He helped Mikasa to her feet, then guided her back to the his apartment complex. He led her to his apartment, then offered her some clothes of his, as well as a towel to shower.

"This isn't the best shower, but it's functional." Eren said. Mikasa smiled, taking the towel and clothes before looking back up to Eren.

"I'm sure it's fine." Mikasa said before turning on heel and walking into the bathroom. She took the damp dress off he body and placed her wet hat and scarf onto the sink.

She viewed her reflection and looked at her body, seeing her wet undergarments stick to her skin. Mikasa flipped her wet hair, only to have it fall back into her neck and stick to it.

A sigh left her mouth as she turned around to get a full view of her reflection in the mirror. She frowned, seeing an uneven patch of skin run along her back.
.
.
.
.
.
"I hate seeing that scar." She muttered.