016: Arranged Marriage

A/N: Just a heads up, this chapter will include some Japanese. I'm still a bit rusty, so it might not be 100% accurate, but if anyone reading this can understand Japanese and they wanna give me some tips or correct my writing then help yourself. Thanks 🙏🏽
-

Mikasa walked out of the bathroom wearing Eren's change of clothing. His oversized flannel fell to her thighs, nearly convincing Eren that she had no shorts on until he remembered that he had given her shorts.

Mikasa shyly approached Eren with her damp clothes in her hands, her eyes glued to the floor. They stood in silence for a bit before Eren cleared his throat, speaking up.

"Mika—"

"You should go take a shower too!" Mikasa butt in, her heart racing. She knew exactly what question he was going to ask, but she was scared to hear it.

"Are you—"

"Yes, I'm sure." Mikasa swiftly cut him off again, already knowing what he was going to ask.

Mikasa lifted her head and looked at Eren, finally. The mere sight of him sent butterflies to flap their wings near the edges of Mikasa's stomach.

"O-okay." Eren replied, finally getting a chance to finish speaking. He walked past Mikasa and into his bedroom to grab some clothing.

As his hands dug into his drawer, he could only wonder. He wondered what was up with Mikasa, the one he may be in love with.

Eren shook his thoughts away before grabbing a loose shirt and sweatpants before he went to go shower.

As Eren washed his hair in the shower, his thoughts seemed to be draining out the sound of the water.

He didn't even feel the water trickling down his back and stomach as his mind lingered on Mikasa.

On how hurt she looked.

Eren sighed before he rinsed his hair off with the water, his thoughts finally managing to drift away from Mikasa.

'I can just ask her once I finish with my shower.'
-

Eren exited his bathroom, a breath escaping his mouth from his comforting shower. His hair was still damp, but it wasn't hindering him in any way so he didn't care to dry it.

As Eren walked into his living room, he spoke up, expecting Mikasa to be seated on his couch.

"So, Mika. You never told me why you..." Eren began as he walked into his living room only to see that Mikasa wasn't there, "ran away." He finished.

Just as he began to panic, his phone dinged. Eren looked at his phone and saw a message from Mikasa that read "Sorry, but I had to go. My friend picked me up, but I'll deliver your clothes later."

Eren sighed before tossing his phone onto the couch. A frown grew on his face as he walked towards his kitchen, grabbing a bottle of wine with a small percentage of alcohol that could never manage to get him drunk.

He shrugged before closing his fridge, where he got his drink from, and walked towards his living room couch.

'Looks like I got too impatient.' He thought.
-

"Are you sure, Mikasa?" Annie asked her friend as she drove, a sunken feeling in her stomach. Mikasa hesitantly nodded, not looking up to her friend.

"It just feels wrong. When I went to the club, Eren's friend asked me if I liked Eren because Eren likes someone else." Mikasa responded.

"Are you sure that you heard him say that Eren liked someone else?" Annie retorted.

Mikasa didn't respond, knowing that she didn't exactly hear those words leave his mouth. Annie sighed, noticing Mikasa's silence.

"I get it if you want to be patient with Eren, but to completely give up on even trying to get with him before you even start is a bit sad. And now you're trying to go through with an arranged marriage?" Annie asked.

Mikasa sighed, looking at the road that Annie drove on.

"He's a nice guy, and I know that. But I've done too much 'romantic' stuff with him, despite the fact that he's already in a relationship." Mikasa said, her voice cracking.

Annie didn't even get a chance to speak up before her noirette friend continued.

"I've kissed him for Christ's sake, and he said that he enjoyed it. It'd be wrong for me to go after him anyway. It's for the best for me to just go through with an arranged marriage." Mikasa finished.

Not knowing how to respond, Annie just went with her best possible response. What else was she supposed to do, it's not as if she's an expert with relationships.

"Miki... relax. When you give him his clothing, just tell him. Or at least ask about his girlfriend. I mean, isn't a strange that he said that he didn't have a girlfriend when you guys were drunk, but now a girl just shows up and claims to be his significant other?" Annie stated.

Mikasa bit her lip, recalling what Annie was stating. It was a bit strange....

"Oka—" Before Mikasa could finish her statement, she realized that Annie had turned onto a completely different road. "Annie, where are you going?" Mikasa ended up asking.

"Oh, right. I'm going to be going to this one guy's house, the one I told you about that I met on my trip. I won't be long." Annie admitted. Mikasa slowly nodded.

"Okay. Well, I'll do what you say." Mikasa said. Annie's lips bent upwards into a small smile at Mikasa's statement.

"Attagirl."
-

Mikasa's heart was thundering in her chest. She hasn't dialed down this phone number that she's about to call in years, but this seems like the right time.

It's time that she finally speaks with at least one of her parents.

"もしもし?" A female voice from the other side of the phone asked in Japanese, saying hello.

Mikasa couldn't bring herself to speak once she heard the voice. That voice that had taken care of her for 10 years. That voice... who was her mother.

"は-はい。アッカーマンさん のおたくですか?" Mikasa asked back, asking if this was her mother's household.

"はい、アッカーマンさんでございます。しつれですが、どちらさまでしょおか?" Mikasa's mom replied with a yes before asking back who was currently on the phone with her.

Mikasa gulped before finally responding.

"はい、ミカサアッカーマンです。" Mikasa responded with, admitting to who she was by saying that she was Mikasa Ackerman.

The woman on the other side didn't respond, making Mikasa take the lead of the conversation.

"久しぶり、母さん。" Mikasa finally said, saying "It's been a long time, mom."
-

A/N: okay I'm sorry that I'm doing two author's note in one chapter but I just wanna say something. If you noticed, I have a usual schedule of updating on Sunday and Monday. However, I just decided to change it up this time because of school reasons. Now, my schedule will be uploading on Saturday and Sunday. That's about it, see you for the next chapter ✌🏾