009: A Kiss

"I'm telling you, man! We kissed!" Eren said, his tone loud as he spoke over the phone with his best friend.

"Hold up, Eren. Can you really confirm that you guys kissed?" Armin, Eren's best friend, asked in a stern tone.

"Gosh Ar. Saying it like that make it seem like I'm in court." Eren said, sighing.

"Ahaha, sorry. I mean, you said that you guys were drunk so maybe your mind is playing tricks on you." Armin stated, chuckling with his statement.

"I know, I know. Just..." Eren's voice trailed off as he realized that he really didn't have much evidence to go off of. He only had his memory, which was already fogged up in itself.

"Dude, I have to go finish packing my stuff so I can come back. Tell me it all when I'm back in two days, okay?" Armin said.

"Alright. Later, bud." Eren responded. The male pressed the red button on his phone screen, then threw his phone onto bed.

'I know we kissed. I remember it so vividly. I just know it...'
-

The male brunette huffed air out of his mouth as he ran through a park. Children were on swings and going down slides, people were walking their pets, young adults were out on a jog, and then there was him.

'This late-20-something year old with boring, basic brown hair and sickening green eyes running through the park.

He runs with his shirt off and basketball shorts, as if he's trying to impress someone with his mediocre body.

And he... is me.'

Eren got up and continued to run the remainder of his mile, forcing himself to go through with it. He continued to jog as he earned himself a couple stares from people.

He couldn't tell if they were cheering him on in their minds... or if they were glaring at him as they heavily judged him.

However, Eren's mind beloved the latter.
-

"Finished." Eren exhaled a breath of relief as he drank some water. He switched off his Apple Watch, which timed him, then sat down on a bench.

"Eren?" A female voice called out to the resting brunette. Eren immediately recognized her voice from bumping into her one-too-many times. Eren immediately recognized her voice from his current main job.

However, Eren mainly recognized her from last night.

"Mika! Hey!" Eren said as he stood up to face the female. She wore a beautiful white sundress with black stripes without straps that curved around her body perfectly.

She wore a black cardigan as her long, ebony hair was in a side braid with a white, sunhat atop her hair with black sandals on her feet.

She also wore her classic black-tinted glasses with her white scarf to cover up her appearance so that she wouldn't get recognized by any fans.

"Hey. Last time I saw you was this morning." Mikasa giggled as she approached Eren. "What're you doing right now?" Mikasa asked.

"Jogging. I just finished my afternoon run." Eren admitted, a low tone is his voice as he was still breathing quite heavily.

"I see." Mikasa said as her eyes traveled down to Eren's torso. In a way... it flattered him.

Mikasa quickly caught herself in her act and looked back up to Eren's face.

"S-Sorry." She muttered, apologizing as she turned a light shade of red that's nearly unnoticeable.

"No, it's okay. I get used to it." Eren laughed, referring to when people would often stare at his 8-pack. "Anyways, What are you doing here?"