Chapter 21

HANNAH'S POV

We walked back into the hotel and it was getting pretty late, but none of us were tired so we walked into Nash and Cameron's room to see if they wanted to do anything.

"Hey."

"Sup Hannah. Where've you been?" Cameron said

"We were on the beach."

"Cool."

"Do you guys want to do something?"

"Sure! What are we doing?"

"I don't know. Cameron you pick. You always come up with good games."

"Okay. What about hide and seek. We can play in the entire hotel."

"YASSSSSS!!!"

"Okay here are the teams. Team 1 is hiding and they are Matt, Hannah, and me. Team 2, you guys are seekers and that is Carter, Nash, and Hayes."

"Why can't I be with Hannah?" Hayes whined.

"Because Hayes, she loves me more." Cameron said as he pulled me into a hug.

"Sorry Hayes but it's true."

He jokingly pretended like he just got stabbed in the heart.

"Okay team 2 you guys count to 200. Andddd GO!"

They started counting and me, Matt, and Cameron all dashed out of the room. I already knew where I was going to hide. 14th floor in the staff closet. I was roaming around the hotel one night while everyone was asleep and I looked in there and behind a stack of brooms there was an air vent.

I hopped into an elevator and headed up. Once I got there I dashed down the hall, into the closet, then got into the vent. I perfectly disguised the vent with the brooms so I could only see a little bit of what was In front of them.

I turned the brightness down and texted Cameron and Matt in a group text to ask them all where they were.

ME- Where are you guys?¿?

MATT😏- In the lobby at Starbucks. I'm in the bathroom hiding:)

CAM🙌- I'm on the roof hiding behind the air conditioning unit.

ME- Wait Cam! Can you here this?

I started banging on the sides on the itty bitty space I was in.

CAM🙌- haha Yea! Wait where are you?

ME- I'm in the air vent in the staff closet on the 14th floor😉

MATT😏- Aww lucky. Considering your so tiny you can fit anywhere.

ME- Matt don't people have to use the bathroom?

MATT😏- I just say that it's occupied.

ME- omg😂

Suddenly I heard someone running down the hall. I assumed it was one of the boys. I peeked through the vent and under the door and it seemed like it was a girl.

The toenails were painted but there were scars around the ankles. The feet were also bruised. The girly figure then ran around the corner.

Then I heard more footsteps but these were like a man was running. I saw scratched up shoes and heard the figure mumble something to himself.

"Uhhhhhh!!!! Where the fuck did she go?!!!!!"

It sounded just like that man from the beach. My heart started racing, but it picked up when the figure opened the closet. I saw him. It was the man from the beach. He was looking anxiously for something. His eyes darted to the corner of the closet then he picked up something. A pocket knife. Oh god. I don't even want to know what he's planning on doing with that.

He left the closet and my heart was still racing. I looked at my phone and it was 1am. I didn't notice that I've been in here for 30 minutes and I was staring at those 2 people for 10. the door burst open quickly again and I gasped. But it was only Carter.

He moved the brooms and saw me.

"I FOUND HER!!"

He shouted.

Everyone came racing in and I hopped out.

"Haha nice hiding spot Hannah. Matts it." Nash said

I looked at him and he just laughed.

"Yea Nash just walked in the bathroom and caught me on my phone."

"Nice one Matt." I said to him.

I went a stood over by Hayes and he put his arm around my waist.

"What's wrong?"

I guess he could feel my pulse.

"Nothing. Can we not play anymore? I want to go to the pool for some night swimming."

"Sure."

We all walked back and got dressed. We were all going to go down to the pool considering they heated it. But it was 2 in the morning so nobody was going to be there.

Before I opened the door Hayes took my hand and turned me around.

"What happened back there."

"What?"

"When I put my arm around you, your heart was racing, like out of control and you looked as pale as a ghost."

"Nothing Hayes. Carter just scared me when he burst in through the closet."

"Okayy."

With that he took my hand and we walked down to the pool.