Chapter 45

(Friday)

HAYES'S POV

I woke up this morning and it was 10:30am and Nash, Cameron, Matt, and Carter were already up. Carter came in Wednesday and him and Hannah caught up. I walked downstairs and everyone was eating breakfast.

"Hey dude we got to be over at Hannah's by noon so we can help set up for the barbecue."

"Okay." I said getting a bagel and stuffing it in my mouth.

Tonight was New Years Eve. Nash and all of us were going to go buy fireworks. We had an hour and a half before we had to go so we had time.

We showed up at the firework tent shop thing. We all ran straight to the Black Cat fireworks. When we were done shopping our receipt was $735.00. Let's just say we spent a lot of money on big fireworks.

We left the place and arrived at Hannah's right on time. We knocked on the door with all of our hands filled with bags of explosives. She opened and started laughing.

"Hey guys...HAHAHAHAHAHA! What the hell! How much fireworks did you get?"

"$735.00 dollars worth." Carter spit out.

"Lord! Why did you guys spend so much money?!"

"Because we have money and like explosives." Cameron said making an excited face.

"Oh lord help me. Okay guys just set those down in the backyard."

We walked to her backyard and set down all of the fireworks. It was a perfect sunny day. Still freezing, but really pretty. Hannah was wearing her "property of Nash Grier" sweat shirt, with her skinny jeans, grey boots, and white beanie.

She was so adorable. I was wearing my black jeans and and grey sweatshirt and VANS.

We helped set up the picnic tables and then a taxi pulled up. We walked over to the front yard and Shawn came out. (not my friend shawn. Shawn Mendes.)

"SHAWN!!!" Hannah squealed running up to him and giving him a hug.

"Hey Hannah! How are you?!"

"I'm good! What about you?"

"Good."

They walked inside and Shawn put his things in her room.

It started to get dark and Hannahs dad put steaks, hot dogs, and hamburgers on the grill and we started eating.

Me and Hannah sat on a blanket and ate our dinner. When it turned 11 we started to light fireworks. For the first part we lit the big but not extravagant ones. Skylynn and Hannah lit sparklers and did the little fireworks. But 5 minutes until midnight we started lighting the BIG ones.

We finally got to our biggest one. We put a bunch of fireworks together and made it. It was 50 yards of firecrackers, then 12 rockets shoot up, then one thing that goes up into the air and looks like a jellyfish coming down and then lastly this thing called color bomb.

We put one really long wick connecting all of them and them 1 minute to midnight. Hayden lit it.

We all screamed at the final ten seconds.

"10!

9!

8!

7!

6!

5!

4!

3!

2!

1!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!"

The color bomb firework went off and I turned to Hannah. She was looking at all of the colors in the sky and I took her lips and smashed them with mine. It was so passionate, and so, so, so, Amazing!

When we stopped to take a breath she looked up at me and smiled.

"I've always wanted to do that!" she yelled over the crowd.

"Me too!" I yelled back.

I took her face and kissed her again. We earned a bunch of awes from the crowed and the a flash went off. Well a bunch of flashes.

We looked over and everybody was videotaping and taking pictures. We both got about 15 notifications from all of our social media sights and it was of the same picture.

Us when the clock struck midnight. I laughed and we both set it as our new screensaver.

"I love you baby girl." I told her.

"I love you too!"

Then suddenly it started snowing. We both just smiled and kissed again. She broke apart and hugged me tightly.