Chapter 35

HAYES'S POV

****One Week Later****

Christmas Eve Night

Tonight we were all going over to My house for Christmas Eve dinner. Hannah's family was coming over tonight also. When they arrived Hannah was wearing a knee length tight fitting maroon dress with black lace at the top. She looked amazing.

We all welcomed them and Hannah and I sat down on the couch with Skylynn talking about what she wanted from Santa. She obviously wanted a horse the most.

NASH'S POV

Hannah came in and we all gave her a hug. Tomorrow was our last day with her. I still can't believe she'll be leaving. We don't even know how long to! We needed to cherish this time that we had with her. Her and Hayes were siting on the couch talking with Skylynn. I decided to take this time to go check on the gift that I made for her.

It was a scrapbook of all of the pictures we had taken over the last year and a half. She was family. I sat there looking through he scrapbook and I didn't even notice that I was crying. I couldn't help it. I loved Hannah. She was always there for me and now, she won't be.

I wiped my eyes and went back downstairs for the gift exchange.

We all sat in the living room and took a number out of a bowl. I got 6. Hayden got number 1 so he went first. By the end of the game we all had something cool.

Hayden had a football. Hannah had earrings. Hayes had new VANS. And I got a new shirt.

It was now time for dinner and I sat next to Hannah. We all sat and talked for a while and then my mom spoke up about the topic we were trying to avoid.

"So Hannah. You leave tomorrow?"

She looked at the ground.

"Yea....."

"Do you know where your going?"

"Nope, just that I can't have access to communication with anyone. I can't still go on the Internet just only for 10 minutes a day. I come home once he's caught and put into custody."

"Well, I want you to know Hannah that we love you, and we will be the first ones to see you when you can come back."

"I hope so."

Hayes took her hand and then Skylynn came running up to her. She jumped into Hannah's arms and sat on her lap.

"Hannie I don't want you to go."

"Don't worry sky, I'll be back before you know it."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Sky gave Hannah a hug and then hopped down and went back to her seat.

*****************************

It was getting late so I put Skylynn to bed and came back down to say goodbye to Hannah.

I gave her a hug and told her I would see her in the morning and she went and gave Hayes a hug and then, she left.

HANNAH'S POV

I woke up this morning and reality hit me straight in the face. Today was my last day. I was leaving tomorrow. I was leaving Hayes. I put all of the awful thoughts behind me and get dressed to go open presents with Everyone else downstairs.

I walked down and there was Skylynn, Hayden, my dad, Elizabeth, Nash, and Hayes all sitting by the tree for me.

"Merry Christmas baby!" Hayes told me as he kissed my cheek.

"Merry Christmas!"

We all sat on the floor by the tree and started opening our presents. I got mine out and gave it to Nash to open.

"Hannah you got something?"

"Of course I did! I wouldn't forget you."

He opened his present and his eyes went wide.

"TACO BELLLLLLLLL!!!"

It was a 300$ gift card to Taco Bell. His fave.

He tackled me into a hug and basically smooshed me like a grape.

"Thanks you so much Hannah!"

Nash gave me his present next. I opened it and tears started forming in my eyes. It was a scrapbook of all the pictures we've ever taken.

"Nash....I love it!"

I ran up to him and gave him a really big hug.

"Love you Hannah."

"I love you too Nash!"

Next was Hayes. I handed him my present and he opened it and smiled. it was a flash drive.

"What is on this?"

"Plug it in."

He plugged it in and the song "Tides" by Jack and Jack played while images and videos of me and him played in the screen. He engulfed me into a hug and pecked my lips. It probably would've been a better kiss but everyone was around us.

He pulled out a present for me from him from under the tree and handed it to me.

I was a small box. I opened it and there were 7 charms in it.

"Hayes......."

He took them a from the box and clipped them on one at a time. He took the only charm that was on my bracelet off and replaced it with an exact replica of the heart shaped that was on there before and replaced it with the replica that had the date that we got back together on it.

The next was a charm of a movie camera. That was from the day we went and saw "If I Stay" when he re-asked me to be his girlfriend. Then was one of a plane. That symbolized is going on tour. The 4th one was cross. From when I was stabbed.

The 5th charm was an arch. It was from the date he took me on when we went to the top of the St. Louis Arch. The 6th was an ice skate. The date we recently went on where I had to help him ice skate because he sucked. Then the last, was a key with a heart on it.

"What's this one for?"

"It represents that your going to be safe and that I will always love you."

I started crying and I couldn't handle that this was my last day with him. He took me into his arms and I laid my head on his chest while everyone else opened their gifts.