Chapter 38

-------------A year later---------------

HAYES'S POV

It's been a year. A year without Hannah. I think about her every second of everyday. I go to the park we used to go to all the time and look at our old carvings in the trees. I always watch the slideshow she made for me for Christmas also. Almost every girl has tried to make a move on me, but I'm loyal and me and Hannah are still together. We wrote each other letters and they would come in every week.

Those letters are what kept my hope up. Those letters were the only way I could talk to her. I missed her. A lot.

Me and Nash were sitting on the couch watching the news when the phone rang. Nash got up to answer it.

"Hello?"

I heard someone speaking through the phone. Nash walked outside. I continued watching the news when something interesting caught my attention.

-NEWS-

"Breaking news! Last night the so called Cereal Killer, Lester Hauls, who has been on the run from the cops for the past year was found in the basement of a motel where he has been hiding. For the last year he has been searching for his last victim, Hannah Marrin. He stabbed her 5 times thinking that she was dead, but she wasn't. She called her close friend Nash Grier who was with her that day and he and some friends broke down the door to where she was hidden. She passed out from blood loss. She miraculously survived and lived happily for a couple of months until Lester escaped from the Florida State Penitentiary and was looking for her. She was placed into the witness protection program where she has been in hiding for the last year until......"

Nash came sprinting inside.

"HAYES!"

"What Nash?"

"HANNAH! SHES, SHES COMING BACK!!!!"

"WHAT?!??!"

"They found the guy and he was sentenced to the death penalty. Shes coming home."

My heart literally stopped. I could finally see the love of my life again.

"When?"

"Their boarding the plane now!"

"Dude they're gonna be here in 2 hours! We have to go meet them!!"

I was in the midst of running upstairs and then Nash spoke again.

"Hayes!"

"What?!"

"Do you want to talk to Hannah or not? Shes been sitting here on the phone."

"Of course I do!!"

I ran back down and took the phone.

-CALL-

"Hannah!!!???!!!"

"Hayes?!"

"Oh my god Hannah it's really you!!!"

"Yea!!!"

"God it is so nice to hear your voice again!"

"Same here."

"So your coming home?"

"Yea I'm on the plane now. About to take off."

"Do you have to go?"

"Yea...."

"Okay well 1 more thing."

"Yea?"

"I love you! And I've missed you every second of everyday."

"I love you too Hayes and same. I have to go now. Love you! Again."

"Love you too!"

-END CALL-

I gave the phone back to Nash and I was smiling like crazy.

"Sooooo?"

"She's coming in 2 hours!!! Get ready!!!"

We both got dressed and I made a quick sign that said

"ONE YEAR OR ONE MILLION, ILL ALWAYS BE HERE WAITING<3"

we headed to the airport and her plane was going to land in a couple of minutes. I was so impatient. My knees wouldn't sit still. I was ready to see her again. Ready to feel, kiss, look at, and be around again. I was dazed in thought but then the plane landed and people started walking out of the terminal.

HANNAH'S POV

-a couple hours before-

I was sitting in my room watching Nash and Cams latest YouTube video, thinking about how much I missed them. Then Officer Bradley came in.

"Hannah."

"Yea?"

"I have good news. They have found and caught Lester Hauls and you can go back home."

I was in shock. Reality hit me and I started crying tears of joy and threw my arms around him in a big hug.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"For what?"

"For keeping me safe, and now bringing me home."

"No problem Hannah."

I fixed my hair in curls and wore a little bit of makeup. I put on some washed high waisted shorts and a crop top with sandals.

******************************

I got off of the phone with Hayes and the plane took off. I couldn't wait to see Hayes again.

"Do I look okay?" I asked Officer Bradley

"You look fine. He's just going to be happy that it's actually you here."

I nodded and then put in my earplugs. Just 2 more hours.

HAYES'S POV

-----Now----

People started coming out and me and Nash stood up and I held the sign. I finally saw her and Officer Bradley from across the airport. Once her eyes hit mine she smiled her gorgeous smile and literally dropped everything she had and started running as fast as she could.

I dropped my sign and started running.

"HAYES!!" She yelled.

Once she got close I finally called back.

"Hannah!!!"

We finally met each other and she jumped into my arms and I picked her up and spun her around. I placed her back onto the ground and I smashed my lips against hers. Then we went back to hugging.

"I missed you so much." I said into her hair.

"I missed you too baby."

We stayed like that for a couple more minutes and then Nash ruined it.

"Eh hem! I think a certain someone would like a hug." he said pointing to himself.

"NASH!!!!"

She jumped into his arms and he hugged her for about 2 minutes.

"I want my girlfriend back please!"

They both laughed and she came back to me.

"I love you." I said kissing her cheek.

"I love you more."

"Not even remotely possible."

She giggled and took my hand and we walked back to Nash's car.

My girl was finally home.