Chapter 22

HAYES'S POV

We walked out of the room and headed to the pool along with Carter, Cameron, and Nash. I still had a weird feeling about Hannah.

I mean she's an amazing liar, but if she's scared or in trouble there will be the 3 main signs.

1. Deny everything somebody accuses of

2. Act like everything's fine

3. Paleness

She had all of the signs so I know something is up. When we all got to the pool, Cameron ran up from behind us took Hannah and threw her in.

"CAMERON! I DIDNT TAKE OFF MY JACKET YET!"

"Whoops sorry!" he yelled back to her while she was climbing out of the pool. She was freezing considering her jacket got all wet too.

I put my arms and a towel around her to warm her up but she threw all of them off and kicked Cameron into the pool while he was taking of his shirt.

"HA!! Now we're even."

"Oh no! Not for long."

He swam to the side and pulled her in.

"AHH A PSYCO MANIAC PUSHED ME IN THE POOL!!" She playfully screamed, splashing water in Cams face.

I took off my shirt and dove in pretending to be the life guard. I took her in my arms and kissed her cheek.

"Don't worry miss! Your fine now."

I acted all like a hero which made her laugh.

For about 2 hours we just chilled in the pool and had contest like biggest splash, smallest splash(which Hannah won because she cheated and carefully slide herself into the pool) and best cannon ball, etc.

We decided to play chicken fights and Hannah got on Nash's shoulder and Carter got on Cameron's. Hannah looked like she was about to beat him and then she turned toward the window and her smile disappeared when she saw a guy staring at her and waving. Her face went pale again and that's when Carter pushed her off Nash's shoulders.

"Hannah what happened you were beating him?" Nash said.

"Sorry Nash but he's stronger then me."

She was lying. I thought I noticed that guy from somewhere but I couldn't remember. Why was she so scared of that guy. I don't know. Maybe I should ask her.

We got out and she looked at her phone and Pure shock and fear lit up her face.

She looked over and then quickly put her phone back in her bag. What was going on?!

HANNAH'S POV

When we got out of the pool I was still a little shocked. The guy from the beach that was chasing that girl had just recognized me and waved. The one thing I noticed was that he had a blood stain on his sleeve. That's when I got knocked down by Carter and when I came up, he wasn't there anymore.

I looked at my phone to check the time and it was 4:30am. I also noticed that I had a text message from a blocked number. I opened my phone and read it.

BLOCKED- hey Hannah. Just wanted to say that you looked pretty strong beating Carter. To bad that you weren't strong enough. XOXO

My heart was beating as fast as it could. I saw Hayes looking at me weirdly and I quickly put it away and we went upstairs back to our room.

I got dressed for bed and Hayes was about to leave but I didn't want to be alone tonight.

"Hayes.."

"Yea?"

"Can you stay here with me tonight?"

"Sure but why?"

"I just don't want to be alone tonight."

"Um okay."

He came over and laid down next to me. He texted Nash that he was staying with me tonight and he showed me what Nash texted back.

NASH- Okay but no sex!

A small smile formed and I laid my head on his chest and slowly drifted off. I felt safer with Hayes.